• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Welcome Pack now available

Cellsai

BEEP BOOP BAN
Reaction score
Website
askminette.tumblr.com
Valentine Cerebella
This just popped up in the store in game:

Screenshot_2017-04-19-18-35-47.png

That's about $10 for those who can't read glorious nipponese :P
The closest regular tier is $10 for 575 Theonite, so this limited welcome pack is almost the same.

I have a few questions for any devs watching:
Is this Oh Mai Val actually exclusive to this pack? Like, will never be released again?
Is there any way to see what abilities she has?
Secondly, how will this Welcome Pack work for other regions that haven't had the game actually release yet? Will they get a shorter period to purchase the pack?

For everyone else, how do you feel about timed exclusive characters? If you've ever played a mobile game, you'll know they're a pretty common practice, so I'm not exactly shocked! ...just didn't expect to see any so fast!

i have another question, if the game is soft launched will the welcome pack be re-available when it comes out fully?

The time offer is really diferrent (Canadian version screenshot) D=

Personally I don't like the idea of buying characters ONLY with real money. The option of buying exclusive characters is nice if they are also included on a Relic Event (limited time), that way players can try to farm the relics (luck of the draw) but at the same time players can purcharse the characters if they weren't lucky.

PKXwDaf.jpg

Very strange it never popped up for me. But I agree with Chaos. Not a fan of timed exclusives that you have to pay for. Why not make it a farmable event with the option to pay for it if you want.

It just popped up on my device when I logged in. I didn't do any particular actions.
After the initial popup I can now find it in the Store.

It just popped up on my device when I logged in. I didn't do any particular actions.
After the initial popup I can now find it in the Store.

Restarted my game and still don't see it. Might be bugged for me since I started playing at a time when they disabled the welcome pack.

Yeah, I couldn't find the welcome pack in my store either nor did I get a popup. Strange :S

Is there any way to see what abilities she has?
I'm no dev, but I can tell you the upgraded passive she has from her skill tree. Just came across an AI Oh Mai Valentine:
IMG_1816.PNG

The Deadly Fury passive you see here is likely an upgraded version in her skill tree since she has a FS of around 3,000. ICU is her Marquee Ability which is currently unavailable for all characters and simply says "coming soon" in the skill tree.

Reactions: Cellsai
I tried to buy this pack earlier (not something I'm probably going to make a habit of, but I figure I've already gotten $10 worth of play time out of this) but got several errors and declined cards. The final attempt with my PayPal said something like "Failed to Purchase Error: 2.PURE.7"

@MightyZug Does the store actually work at the moment?

EDIT: A little more worrying is that I have now received receipts from Paypal and Google Play saying the payment went through, but nothing has changed in Skullgirls.

@Cellsai Ack, sorry to hear you encountered that issue. :(

There were a few hiccups when it first went live that should have since been resolved. I'll PM you so we can get that taken care of. Apologies for any inconvenience!