• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

What brings you back to SG?

Would you skull again?

• Total voters
I've only been playing four (?) months now, but the art, animation, music, gameplay, and good matches with PSN friends from here & random unranked room sets make me keep playing. Also, the game is still growing with new characters, released & coming soon.

Being able to actually learn how to play.
I still suck tbh

gulf coast lmao

;~; I miss the westcoast

I lived there for a little while, me too.

Reactions: Slap
The developer telling me I'm bad.

He's not wrong.

Reactions: Kongk4 and gllt
The characters, music, animation, art, how the game feels, my desire to get good, getting to have a good grasp of what my main is all about, learning the language of the community(inputs and all that), giving people a good fight online, learning what the true outcome of the story is, learning the lore, enjoying the community, becoming a healthy part in the community, continuing this small fanfic I'm doing that's also getting my brain back on focus and motivated. What else is there? Just getting to know my friendly skullists or Skullies(whichever one you all wanna go by) because the players seem like good people and I feel more comfortable here than I do with any other fighter community.

I guess that's about it for me c:

Last edited:
I've always liked Marvel games, but Marvel VS Capcom 3 made me sadder everytime I attempted to take it seriously. I needed something less ridiculous.

Every facet of the game is attached to some thing that I love dearly:
  • Michiru Yamane is responsible for a large selection of music in the game, and I happen to love Castlevania Bloodlines' music
  • The remainder of the music is made by a local band, and the character select theme hits so goddamn hard it hurts.
  • I followed Alex Ahad and MechaFetus (first through Paul Robertson) around on the internet since like, 2006, 2007? To hear that they're involved in a retail product is nothing short of awesome.
  • It's gameplay is straight up Marvel with a few nice extras, enough for me to feel completely satisfied in playing a VS game without all of the modern bullshit
  • As a fledgling want-to-be programmer, being able to hear so much about the games inner workings and the actual POV of a developer is invaluable, through and through. Additionally, having a team that is willing to divulge more than most developers on things, regardless of how ridiculous the community will react, is pretty cool to me and I respect it alot
  • Dude, C'mon, one of the move names is Warp Spasm. There's a character that turns into an animated skeleton and cuts you with blood. DHC's are called Blockbuster Sequels.
  • The training mode is no bitchassness, straight up.
  • Palettized effects. Seriously appreciated after (U)MVC3
  • Straight up add da pocolla effect because it was just that cool
Like seriously, this is the most fun i've had with a fighting game in so long, and it's so consistently fun I can't put it down. The games presentation is off the charts to me, the actual feedback is crisp and precise, and look, finally, a game that doesn't show me a 7 second long intro everytime I press rematch.

It's also not a slow pile like BlazBlue, and I LIKE BlazBlue

It's a whole slew of things for me. Other than completely adoring the game I feel like following the progress of Skullgirls has kinda been like a roller coaster I don't think I'll get off until the train has stopped and there is no one else to talk with about the experience we shared. Another really I stay is because I really really really believe that Skullgirls could be the next big thing in american fighting games. I thought that when I first heard about it I still think that now.

Marvel owns Disney they recently got the rights to do a marvel fighting game and it's god awful

There is a possibility that a new marvel vs capcom will never come out. Why not be the ones to fill that gap with a better game!?

I signed a blood oath with Mike Z and if I don't play the game at least once a month he'll devour my soul.

And also it has really good graphics and tight gameplay and it's pretty balanced, more so than other FG's, so I don't get really salty about losing.

I didn't even pay for the game, the least I can do is play it.

I like chains. Chains are fun. Resets are fun.
CaFXpe4.jpg

For the chance of seeing Valentine's lewd combo.

Nah, I like the game for the actual design, mechanics. it reminds me of when I played my first fighting game. Tekken back in 2002.

Because it doesn't suck balls like nearly every other fighter released lately? Oh wait that is gameplay related, sorry Skullheart! U-um BOOBS!

I have to say everything. I'm not much of a fighting game player, but this is literally the first fighting game that I have come to love. I want to be better at the game. I want know as much about gameplay aspect as possible to achieve that.

In a non-gameplay aspect, I love the lore. I haven't played that many fighters, but of the ones I have played, this actually has an interesting story surrounding it.

@Ninja

If that cutscene is not in Robo-Fortune's story, Ninja, so help me...

The fact that the community seems really cool and not totally 100% hung up on SG where you can play and talk about SG a bunch but people like other things and you find new common interests among them to share and grow to be actual friends with them as opposed to being distant from them and your only interactions between them are when it comes to SG.

Skullgirls has the least amount of issues (that constantly get fixed) in terms of game balance compared to other FGs. Pretty much every other FG I've played has some issue, or a bunch of issues, that turn me off from the game and make not want to take it as seriously or want to play it as much.

I like the things you can do in Skullgirls (like canceling things on whiff, PBGC, air blocking, air combos, using moves to dodge other moves because of low-profile/invuln/etc.).

i've invested alot of myself into this game..I've dedicated the majority of my gaming time lately to this game and i feel like...its been more satisfying to level up in this game than other fighters I've played in the past...i've always liked/respected non popular, off the beaten path fighters..and Sg's is probably the best one in that niche "the masses dont play it but totally should" category of fighters...

i find myself taking up for this game cause I feel sorry for how it has gotten a raw deal time after time due to the SG "curse"..i want to see this game get its due shine, so i feel emotionally I've invested myself into it...which makes me just play it more, so my skill matches my passion for it..I'm just waiting for the day this game is a part of major tourneys again and the influx of newbies come by the masses..

and the community, even if I dont get to interact w the cool kids as much as i would like to due to my schedule..

Hmmm I love the game, but at times I get bored with it and go play another fighting game. Mahvel, Uniel, BB you name it. Find or see something dumb and just go "Wow this stupid. You wouldn't find this is Skullgirls.", and we're back to square one. Character loyalism yada yada. Big part of why I still play is the people I have met through it and have come to see as family/close friends.

friends and big bella booty
and spamming j.mp adc j.mp as filia
and beo

that's it

everyone go home

Reactions: Squigly Lines
I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoy the game for many, many things. One of the biggest of those things is the development of the game itself. Having seen a game so well crafted (art/gameplay/music-wise) Is something you don't always see in other modern regular Fighters nowadays. These are one of those games I simply cannot put down and say "Okay, that was a long enough session for SG, move onto the next game", but rather say I can play this game offline for hours (Whether it be training and honing my skills or playing Arcade mode repeatedly). Funny thing too about me is I can hardly stick to a Fighter offline for quite some time as I would get bored with running the mill of the same play through each time. I assure you, this is certainly not the case with Skullgirls (and that is saying something).

Not too mention, it has one of the more "welcoming" and interactive communities I have seen for any other fighting game vs. others that generally don't interact with new players or only concerned with the 'competitive' scene in gaming. That's fine and all, but what happened to having fun guys? This is why I love Skullgirls as it has a nice balance of competitive appeal and general fun alike. A game as open as this should merit to having well received feedback from it's community/fans and it is great too see that type of community grow. When I first started playing SG up to the point I joined this site, all I received was positive comments about the game and met some pretty interesting characters along the way. I cannot say I can do this with people in the BB community or Tekken unfortunately.

I could not personally forget the music/art/gameplay style even if I tried. The gameplay is pretty neat, with a bit of MvC style but with flair I'd put it. The combo system, to every other implication in the game's mechanics is spot on and executed greatly, and the best factor for me with the Gameplay is how fluent it feels, and how almost anyone can pick up any character they like with a bit of practice (Might I add that the tutorial system is godlike?). No character feels underpowered, or overpowered as their gimmicks and style greatly compliment how they play, and each character feels unique imo. The game is very balanced in that regard. The western art style is lovely and fits the games personality. Don't even get me started on the music.. I'd like to personally thank Michiru Yamane for having such lovely work into the game, as well as everyone else who worked on the game's soundtrack.

All in all: This game is a masterpiece and has a lot of replay value in my experience, and I cannot wait too see how far the game will develop as I know the game can only continue to portray potential. Thank you Mike Z , contributors, and everyone else at Lab Zero for making this game possible. You guys truly care about your game and community, and for that you are all beautiful souls. Also, thanks for Squigly.

Reactions: pivottester
THIS. THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR. THE PEOPLE. THE ENVIRONMENT. THE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF BOOTY. THIS GAME IS JUST AS GOOD AS MAHVEL.

Reactions: majorgalaxy
panty shots

I also need lore for my ASAP X Skullgirls fanfic.

SHABBAGURLZ

Someone plz draw pusha t as parasoul

Pushasoul?

Para T?

Last edited:
because i like the flow of the game, i like the characters and animation, the sound in the game is awesome, its nice to play a game where the the programmer actually gives a shit about some semblance of balance and doesnt just change random shit for no real reason.

plus the game is getting a nice steady stream of new content too. also dont forget about the frigging amazing training mode. thats a game of its own!

Constant updates that keeps the game alive.
Interesting and wonderful characters.
A great musical score.
Pleasing to the eye, both in character design and setting.
Very fluent control.

What's not to like?

sf4 2.5/3d w/e you want to call it sucks ass imo, that and kof mk/tekken tag are like the only true fighter options for the pc master race...skull grills #1 choice atm imo.

Last edited:
Please dude, stop trashing those games. Alot of people like them and you might find you like them later on as well.

Reactions: drewski
Please dude, stop trashing those games. Alot of people like them and you might find you like them later on as well.
i'm not trashing street fighter i'm just stating my opinion on 2.5d/3d bs.

Oh boy…

The individual characters and their personalities… all but two of them at any rate and I'm not overly fond of Leviathan, unique play styles, Cerebella, the fact that no-one's a clone of anyone else save Fukua who was never meant to be anything but, the gorgeous art, the beautiful music, the interesting setting, and the hope that Cerebella will one day not get the short end of the stick in someones story.

It's a magnificent game. Bar at least some of the depressing stories, what's not to love?

New characters that come out, how fun online fights can be, the interesting story and cast of characters, and the community.

What other game can you be called bad at the game/an idiot directly by the lead programmer? 8)
It's genuinely a good game. It has issues, BUT those issues aren't as huge of deals as people make them out to be. Its well balanced and rewards footsies and reads and has far less garbage than other fighting games on the market. It's a really honest game. We get things constantly changed and fixed based on community feedback (after being called idiots). There really isn't a single other fighting game developer out there that actually listens to community feedback and converses with said community. The game is constantly changing, issues that pop up are continually fixed (infinites suck), and the game is always becoming better.

GGPO and an active online/streaming scene mean this game will be alive for years to come. The community is amazing and I've cultivated what will be probably be lifelong friendships because of it. Those will last forever <3

ALSO ZOOM X NOM AS A TRIPGUARD FUCK YEAH GET REKKKKKKKKKTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Peck
There's no other game on pc.

Reactions: 3much