• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

What type of controler you recomend and/or use?

BlueFox

The Blue Fox chosen by the legend
Reaction score
Robo Fortune Fukua Eliza
At the begining i used the keyboard, but it was horrible for use the blockbusters
Now i'm using a USB PS2 controler and its good

What type you use?

I use the razor fightstick, whatever spider/snake name they decided to give it.
razer-atrox-gallery-1.png

Google has presented me with the answer. It is the Atrox
Crotalus atrox, the western diamondback rattlesnake, is a venomous rattlesnake species found in the United States and Mexico. It is likely responsible for the majority of snakebite fatalities in northern Mexico and the second-greatest number in the USA after C. adamanteus.[4] No subspecies is currently recognized.[2]
I knew it'd be a snake

EDIT: I do not recommend it, it is heavy and expensive. I got it on sale in person and rarely move it around.

3rd party Xbox 360 Pad (rock candy specifically) when I go out and play I use a mayflash adapter so I can play on PS3

A lot of people who use sticks tend to have a madcatz te 2. (from what I've noticed those seem to be more popular)

I play on stick I used to play on a pad but then thought I should be a cool guy and play on stick.

Reactions: Killabyte
skullgirls support any controller?
If you're talking about PC then that doesn't really matter because if Skullgirls doesn't then you can simply use Xpadder. Unless your controller is really obscure or old then Skullgirls should auto detect it.

Madkatz KE for the win! Oh yeah; Hi, I'm new.

Madcatz TE Round 2.

I think I'm the only person who likes Hori, but their Real Arcade Pro has served me well for a few years now. I forget what kind of switches it uses, but the buttons require less force than most Madcatz TE sticks I've used. The weight feels better distributed than other sticks, so it doesn't sit quite as heavy if you play on your lap. I think the total weight is still the same, it just doesn't "feel" as heavy.

I have a hori umvc3 edition . Sanwa parts n' all. Stupid start button placement aside, it's an excellent stick. Lighter and cheaper than the madcatz te

Domo, if you don't play with that at Evo, I'm going to be disappointed

Reactions: DDB
Unfortunately, I use a Ps3 pad. Then again, it's my brother's Ps3, so I'm grateful just to be able to play.
Not this weekend, though. :(

I actually use a Wii remote and nunchuck. MLG PRO here, baby! No I'm not Joking, I'm dead serious on this.

I play 360 pad. If you can play on keyboard, you should get a Hitbox. I can't play on stick but can on hitbox. I would get one but I do just fine with pad. Also I've heard good things of the PS2 controller so...

Reactions: DawnHibiki
I use a Rock Candy Xbox 360 controller.

I used a 360 pad until a few months ago when I could finally net myself a Madcatz Fightstick Pro. Love it. Wouldn´t go back to pad ever again.

used to be dualshock 3 then my hands got bigger and switched to the 360 pad and wavebird.

I use a Logitech gamepad, which is very similar to a X-Box 360 controller. I have a fightstick too which I'm still very inexperienced in using.

standard controllers for both systems (cept I got one of those wired glowy pads for my 360 since I go through those controllers like I do hotdogs...so very fast). I haven't used a stick enough to really get used to it.

I use one of those xbox 360 controllers with the transforming D-Pad, it's way nicer than the standard controller. I'm looking to buy a Fightstick soon though, probably gonna grab the Qanba Q1 since I've heard it's a good place to start with fight sticks

well, i used a Logitech F310 gamepad for a while until it broke, and now i can't play skullgirls at all

my life is over

I use one of those xbox 360 controllers with the transforming D-Pad, it's way nicer than the standard controller. I'm looking to buy a Fightstick soon though, probably gonna grab the Qanba Q1 since I've heard it's a good place to start with fight sticks
Most definately, I started out with a Q1 myself years ago but it got stolen at a tournament. ;-; Anyway the pricepoint is great for what you get, should serve you a good few years if you don´t beat the hell out of it too much.

p4dlBNx.jpg

Pumpin out some sick beats while you sickly beat some salty non-rhymer

I've been using a 360 pad all this time although I really want to try out an arcade stick. That Qanda Q1 thing looks pretty slick.

I use a keyboard, but I wouldn't recommend it if you play a lot of Cerebella or any other fighting game character that uses 360 motions.

I use a keyboard, but I wouldn't recommend it if you play a lot of Cerebella or any other fighting game character that uses 360 motions.

Use Hitbox layout.

Reactions: Thrasher08
Sorry for the ignorance, what is it? A stick emulator?

I prefer keyboard over anything else. Wanting to play locals more leaves me needing a hitbox which I'll probably get at some point when I have the money for it. Will need to get a custom panel for it so the buttons would be more comfortable for me since I do wasd and not asd space. In the mean time when I play locals I use my friend's stick. I don't really like it too much as I usually mess up directional inputs, and for me having 4 buttons is easier/more precise than using a stick.

I made myself a wooden Hitbox a few years ago, but I'm such a dedicated PS3 pad warrior that I'm too lazy to retrain my muscle memory for the thing. I even forked over the money for a PS360 custom board. USFIV is the only thing I'm comfortable playing on the thing; calling assists in SG:E and UMvC3 still feels really weird to me without my bumpers, and "spacebar to jump" doesn't really work for me in the 3D fighters. I promised I'd stick to Hitbox for Blazblue:CP, but I switched back to pad right away. I'm weak.

Keyboard (SteelSeries Apex). Don't see a reason to invest into a stick for just 2 games.
Didn't a patch around the Fukua patch made it easier to do 360's with keyboard in Skullgirls? And since 360's in Street Fighter only requires 632147, that shouldn't be a problem there as well.