• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

What's in a Name?? History Behind YOUR Name!

i fucking loved the swordfish engarde from DKC
best animal buddy
i am secretly that animal buddy
i'm
secretlyengarde
:]

In honour of the AI Double that would Luger -> Bandwagon and would make me go full salt when I was a beginner. I named myself after it to remind myself of that agony I experienced for the first time.

There was two people who uses my psn account one is scott (that's me) and vincent (that isn't me). So put them together.

Reactions: RQ
Well now...

My real name isn't Dimitri.

But it's the name that I always wanted to be called.

As for the "Awesometh" part which is purposely misspelled to fit the 15-letter cap on usernames, I initially was called "Dimitri The Awesome". But one day, as I had to inevitably make a Google+ account, I couldn't do it the way I wanted. So, I tried to make a surname that would keep it mostly intact and still satisfy me. Hence, Awesometh was born. Didn't take too much thought, I just made it sound kinda regal (and failed). I discovered to my surprise that I actually preferred this name over every other, and have since been referred to as this current name.

Funny story, normally, i would try to use my second name in sites (Zen), but since is only 3 letters and normally it isn't possible, i use Sotherius, that is a name that i found with a friend to give to a dragon in one of my stories, but, i never took of with the story, and now i use as a username pretty much everywhere, and i stopping using my second name with the time too.

im not good with usernames so i put whatever. As for my steam username, It's because I have a thing for...well nvm

Reactions: Nuuance
My friend got me to play League. I needed a name, and I decided to use my favorite Pokemon. Turns out it was taken, so I added a prefix. Then it stuck.

Reactions: Wenzel
My friend got me to play League. I needed a name, and I decided to use my favorite Pokemon. Turns out it was taken, so I added a prefix. Then it stuck.

I use a Marowak has a lead, awesome pkmn!

Reactions: Marrow
My name is Evangelos [Greek name]
Most people call me Vaggelis and people think positive of me.

So there it is "Vagplus"

Plus i added the plus because i wanted a cool name like Megaman X and because i say "plus" a lot....

>Be me on an off day
>Text stepdad about how I never existed (To this day I still don't remember why)
>"I would hope you do, because otherwise I've been talking to non-existententity"
>Take NonExistentEntity as a handle
>Play DayZ, get refused help because people "can't feed an entity that doesn't exist"
>Change adjective to Dapper because I like to think of myself as a (relatively) classy fellow and so I can actually attract allies in DayZ
>Name get!

I could've sworn I posted in this thread before, maybe not, I don't know but

Matty is my name, but my actual handle is Matty Dogars or just Dogars in games (LoL, xbl gamertag, 3ds/wiiu, etc). Dogars is the japanese name of the pokemon Koffing but it's basically just what people know me as now, it's more my name than my actual last name now honestly.

I was creating an xbox live account back in 2012, I was given the name PetiteSiren3 aka "Little Mermaid". My brother thought that was a funny name, so I kept it. I never really liked the name, but I grew to love it. I grew to love the name so much, I decided to make "Siren" a trend for me. I would put different adjectives next to Siren to symbolize who I am in the real world, and sometimes to show...
my inner demon and angel
ReOCShadow.png
RebeccaOCKioko(Fusion).png

I heard vampire in japanese and it sounded cool to say...so I tried to spell it out. Turns out I misspelled it.
Kept the name because it looked like a real word to me and it has more balance than kyuketsuki. Y and G go below the floor and two k's go above the center. Yes those things matter to me.

My name is Eric. My brother and friends started saying my name faster and faster in conversation and eventually shortened it to "Erk". And then somehow we combined "Erk" and "Eric" into "Erkic". Then I slapped "man" at the end of it.

Reactions: Sparties
I used to like Lapfox a lot (he makes music) and he has many alias for the different genres he does and RQ is my favorite

Being the BIONICLE fan, my first username was Kopaka Zero Nuva. Later on, I decided to make an acronym out of it and append my favorite numbers to the end of it.

Reactions: Raptor1138
When Melee first came out I mained Mario. No one at any of the tournaments I attended knew me, so when people would talk about me, they would always say 'that Mario guy' or 'the dude playing Mario' (That's also how I got 'Player 3', which is another screen name I use).
When I finally made a Smashboards account, I figured if anyone I knew was on there, that's how they would know me, so I went with 'TheMarioMan'. Flash forward to when I forgot my Smashboards password after never using it, so I just used MMan. I also sometimes use FastLikeLightning, which I chose because it sounded cool.

rap·tor
ˈraptər/
noun
    • a dromaeosaurid dinosaur, especially velociraptor or utahraptor.
    • the coolest badasses that ever lived on this planet, as agreed upon by 98% of scientists.

I like the game of Matriarchal Figure: It's the Third Game, Guys!

viscera + rat
fav word, fav animal. it's kinda silly

or you could go with it being eviscerate w/out the e's

Wanted something with Sai in it. Ran through a bunch of sounds until I found something that sounded nice.

Runners up were Rus and Ten.

Well, I've previously been having "vnikeamv":
"nike" is similar both to my real name and the word "nick/nickname", so I've changed it slightly.
"amv" isn't related to anime at all, it's 3 letters from my last name. I do watch anime now, though.
Then I've just put it together and added "v" at the beginning: v+nike+amv = vnikeamv or smth like that.
Then I've got bored by it and made a new one. It's simple: name>names>Naims>NaimS. It has nothing to do with "aim" and stuff.
Also I've made a "funny" abbreviation: New Assassin In My School. It's so embarrassing! Well, my only excuse is that I was very-very young...
But I think I need to change it because of this:
Naim_Audio_Logo_Black.jpg

Last edited:
I started using this name ever since I made another account on Roblox with the same name back in 2011. Originally, it was supposed to be my OC's name, but it didn't go through. I still kept it mostly because it rolls off the tongue pretty well and is actually kind of funny imo.

well

you take the word shoryuken, a move used by Ryu

and Hadouken. a move used by Ryu.

and you combine them.

genius.

i fucking loved the swordfish engarde from DKC
best animal buddy
i am secretly that animal buddy
i'm
secretlyengarde
:]
Except you not

It comes from Young Avengers, my favorite comic at the time.

It was the first unique name I thought of. When I googled it there was one thing about someone on XBox...? It's never been taken on any site I've been to. If I ever become internet-famous I'll probably just call myself by my real name.

People also assume it comes from Snow Crash, where it's spelled differently, so I'll just take the free nerd cred. :PUN: