• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Who do you play with? (Name the people in your scene)

Dime

The power of BEAT EXTEND
Reaction score
Painwheel Big Band Fukua
Ive always wondered who those people that lurk are or who i should know about that doesnt have videos out, yet plays against well known people consistently. Basically i want to know about you and your scene, who is in your scene, do you guys play offline or online or both, do you guys play often and what do you think the level of your scene is... Basically as much info as you care to give... It would be fascinating for me to hear your guys stories.

My/our scene aka australia:

Age (our best, though he's been receiving some consistent challenges to his dominance as of late, when hes on (and not playing solos) he can be as hard to defeat as the Borg, i think of him as a little version of vangief... Oppressive. In one word.
Tomo (our grandmaster wizard of reading the hell out of people, generally losing his first 2-5 games and seeming like some weak ass scrub then downloading the opponent and simply creaming them from then on until they switch teams to give him a new look, tomo is fucking scary and annoying to play against and probably my least favorite player to play against in the scene, his patience and reading ability are uncanny)
Clarencemage (mister aggressive, good fundamentals for fighting games on the whole with solid reaction time)
Smokey (we never play much, but he has good execution)
Myself (just some scrub)
Ledd (.... What to say about this guy? My favorite player to play against besides ages non peacock teams, great defense, great neutral, patient, original thinker etc etc etc our best fortune player and our best filia player besides maybe folks
Artieblazy (never played him, really, still he seems to play a lot, or at least did.
Dirty Debbie (changes steam name a lot but goes by something with Debbie in it, pretty much all the time, newest player to our fold but i dont know if he plays against anyone but me)
Chairman Mao (a damned commie with fantastic execution and huge combos, unfortunately he lives in New Zealand and i live in perth which is like la to New York distance so our connection can be very spotty, but still, hes a great player and his peacock can become ridiculous if you allow him to do what he wants)

Honorable mentions:
Folks (aka Ben) (folks me and age made up the entire au online scene (with honorable mention from tomo on ps3) for the first year and a half of sg's life. folks has a surgical peacock that uses filias updo assist stupidity to the utmost max and also has a reset happy filia that borders on broken though his neutral isnt as good as ledd with her, his resets are or were, better, unfortunately school and life commitments have taken this fantastic gamer from us, but not to worry, he's been promising to get back into the game, in two weeks... And has been saying as much for the last 6 months... It would seem that he takes his commitment to sg literally... Even incorporating sg's legal troubles into his game playing philosophy... How much more hardcore can one get?)

Pichy (good fundamental player that used a gimmicky neutral to win matches, hates sg in general, wont be missed now that we have Clarence taking up the val mantle)

The Korean sg scene in general (gfarmer and mulnim play games against us and it allows us to really practice our fundamentals for solo play)

So thats my scene... Whats yours?

There's no brazilian sg scene...

On pc it's basically me, @Mwisk (haven't played him in quite a while) and @noaa (but deborah always seems to get in the way) and more recently, @Colossi joined SH and we play every other time, but that's pretty much it.

Me(Fortune/copter) - I'm a fraud who does optimized combos.

Mwisk(Val/hairball) - Solid neutral but he needs to touch you a few more times (the opposite of me maybe?)

noaa(Para/updo?/lk bomber) - Pretty fucking solid as well, I think he's adding filia to his team lately but his double can be annoying as balls

Colossi(Val/H lnl?) - Hopefully he's dropping solo , the only person I know to land val's lv2 consistently(ish, but lands it more than most)

Our steam group only had some three online tournaments (and I missed two...)

The brazilian fgc is already too small, offline sg tourneys and even casuals with anyone even halfway decent are not things I see in a near future...

:(

I've played sometimes against @akindhobo that taught me the game's basics when I was starting, and nowadays I've been playing with @CaioLugon, that mentioned me in his post.

Hobo - (Para Pillar/Squig Drag 'n' Bite) - Doesn't call assists much. Abuses a lot of Para's F+s.LP to penetrate the block. Don't remember seeing him using Napalm Pillar frequently.

Caio - (Fortune H Fiber/Bella Copter) - Copter ALL THE FUCKING TIME, along with endless fortune combos that never seem to raise Drama. fuck you

There's no brazilian sg scene...
The brazilian fgc is already too small, offline sg tourneys and even casuals with anyone even halfway decent are not things I see in a near future...
:(

Basically this.

even casuals with anyone even halfway decent are not things I see in a near future...

Sadly, this is 100% true. The biggest group of people I ever saw playing (on pc at least) consisted of 6 people.

Nowadays, the alpaca bro mentioned @Colossi, which is someone I didn't knew about as of now.

I play daily with a pretty good friend that does Filia (Updo) / Cerebella (Cerecopter). That and including @Mwisk, which I rarely see, and @CaioLugon counts 5 (active) brazilian members in our scene.

Kinda sad, I really wanted a good Painwheel player as a training partner.

Last edited:
I've been way busier this semester than I anticipated. I think I overdid a little in the working hours offering too many classes. It's for a good cause though as I'm looking for a new place here and planning 2k15 Evo trip and expanding a little bit the FG event I run in my city: Cacomp Arena.

So yeah, I've been a little out of practice lately, but I've been trying to convert some local guys and free some time every two weeks to practice SG. I'm more familiar with the guys up here and I honestly think that we might be, currently, the most active Brazilian SG players.

I think that only me and a friend (HighWind) are the only people that play SG in Colombia

Reactions: Dime
Hey this thread reminded me to go and see the standing fierce guys again (a nz fgc site) now that psn is back up some of them might be interested in doing things. I'm in the process of trying to convert some of my non-fg mates into playing sg, but yeah pretty much only online atm but that may change at some point who knows
Dirty Debbie (changes steam name a lot but goes by something with Debbie in it, pretty much all the time, newest player to our fold but i dont know if he plays against anyone but me)
Never seen him around, would like to know more about this guy

I'll give you his steam name next time on on steam... He's probably changed it again.

Here's a list of players in my local Polish scene. Put in spoiler tags to avoid the wall of text.
reddit_during_the_breaking_bad_finale-88581.gif

Here's a list of players in my local Polish scene. Put in spoiler tags to avoid the wall of text.

Local scene means whoever you play against. My local sg buddies live 1500-2500 k away and weve never even seen each other's faces or played offline together, except for the few that have facebook.

I'm in South Jersey and I may have a scene but I'm not sure where. I only play at home with mi amigos So I can only talk about me

PKStoopkid:Squig/Cere/Para team or Squig Peacock Cerebella aka team class act occasionally I throw Double Filia or Fortune in the mix
Wouldn't call me scrub but I wouldn't say im advance. I'm good at reading opponents and I'm up to play anyone.

reddit_during_the_breaking_bad_finale-88581.gif
What about @Kawalorn ? Oh wait. He lives in a different city, doesn't he?

What about @Kawalorn ? Oh wait. He lives in a different city, doesn't he?

Pretty much. There are like 8 people in the whole country playing this game anyway. :P

Not to mention that we absolutely DO NOT have meeting in person to play games in our blood. We had other things to worry about when arcade scene exploded in US and other countries. :P

8? The community is rapidly growing!

Me
Winnie
Skiller
KingLoyal
Broseidon Rex
OutlawSpike
ElkyDori
OreoWolf
Joey
Drewski when he can
Nephinel

I might be missing people :(

DMV<3

The people I probably with the most are @ShadeMoneh and @WarpedEcho

Shade plays Val Pillar Updo. 2 dp assists for no reason, should drop val for bella or double to help his filia(who is imo his best char). Good combos, doesn't ever really play the pressure/reset game with parasoul.

Warped sucks at making decisions with meter. Has a lot of good ideas with his pw/double, but doesn't execute them as good as he can. Should drop filia for bella imo, because I think PW with a dp assist is overrated.

They're both getting a lot better but have to clean up their play.

I could talk about the rest of my scene in NY/NJ but I'ma do that l8r or never.

in ottawa we got:

Krackatoa (overall the best prob.)
ImperialSport (best fundamentals & defense)
Me
RadicalEssay (doesnt really play anymore but is still good)
FreezerB (same as essay)
agent13 (our newest SG player)

Reactions: agent13 and Dime

It would be great to hear about the other guys in your scene :) ive always been super interested in that kind of stuff... Such as where players came from as far as first fighting games, where they come from as far as places they play... What the dominant strategies they play against are... Etc etc etc

Like old stories of tomo Nogales, valle, choi, Eddie lee, etc etc just fascinate me... Especially with players like valle since ive been playing against him and getting owned horribly since alpha 3 days.

Idk... I just find the history behind things im interested in to be really... Well... Super interesting.

So pls do share if you want to.

Shade plays Val Pillar Updo. 2 dp assists for no reason, should drop val for bella or double to help his filia(who is imo his best char). Good combos, doesn't ever really play the pressure/reset game with parasoul.

Warped sucks at making decisions with meter. Has a lot of good ideas with his pw/double, but doesn't execute them as good as he can. Should drop filia for bella imo, because I think PW with a dp assist is overrated.

They're both getting a lot better but have to clean up their play.

This NJ scene you speak of, is it North Jersey or South Jersey and where cause I'm looking for a place to play others

I'll give you his steam name next time on on steam... He's probably changed it again.
Just made a Skullheart profile, I think my steam ID is on my profile?
I'd love to add and talk to some of you guys. I haven't really had any idea how to approach the Skullgirls community(ies?) thus far so I guess now is my chance to say hello? :)

San Jose has no one, sadly. :(

The french scene consists of gn4rk, hashashyyin, callime, beuzero....oh wait, people that play consistently?
well, me, who gets pwned at neutral but will make you hate solobella even more than usual if I land a c.lk.
Vick, who is an okay val/BB player.
Ventuxe, a val/parasoul/double.
And Azrael, who has one of the worst internet connection in EU, so I still can't really say how good he is.

And all the other fr dudes doesn't take the game seriously and mainly prefers to play SF4 instead, even on wednesday evenings, when the fr community is supposed to have an open lobby session on SG :(
If there are other fr dudes around there who doesn't need ken bogard to tell them what game to play, I'd be very pleased to meet them.
(Ramenez-vous, bandes de sacs, comme ça on reussira peut-etre un jour a remplir un lobby a 8)

Last edited:
I'd love to add and talk to some of you guys. I haven't really had any idea how to approach the Skullgirls community(ies?) thus far so I guess now is my chance to say hello? :)

Long time no talk to dude, we should play again when I'm back in town. As far as how to approach the sg community in au just say "hey, I'm australian and would like to get some games against people" in the oceanic group. None of them except for maybe ash, bite, so dont be scared :)

My steam name currently is *N.O.T..* Geedeelkay

(Not gdlk)

Or something stupid like that.

Perhaps @ClarenceMage or @Age or @Chairman Mao or @Tomo009 would be willing to introduce you to everyone? They also play games that arent sg so you can get some 3s or oldschool streetfighter or vs etc etc in against them as well if you like.

Reactions: Afince

wtf how do you have 448 hours played in skullgirls and I haven't seen you before ever???

Long time no talk to dude, we should play again when I'm back in town. As far as how to approach the sg community in au just say "hey, I'm australian and would like to get some games against people" in the oceanic group. None of them except for maybe ash, bite, so dont be scared :)

My steam name currently is *N.O.T..* Geedeelkay

(Not gdlk)

Or something stupid like that.

Perhaps @ClarenceMage or @Age or @Chairman Mao or @Tomo009 would be willing to introduce you to everyone? They also play games that arent sg so you can get some 3s or oldschool streetfighter or vs etc etc in against them as well if you like.

It has been ages yeah! I remember when we played together. Recently my hard drive died, and I spent a lot of time -not- playing Skullgirls. I'm trying to get back into it again and I think I'm getting a lot better.

Should I just enter the chat in the Oceanic steam group? I might do so a bit later today :)

Yes. We're in the chat every day, always available to organise games.

Reactions: Afince
There has to be at least one other Caribbean SG player that uses Skull Heart, right? :(

At least five players from college, but they're not registered here

Last edited:
Being in Montana we don't really have too many people for a FGC but we've steadily been growing and trying to branch out a bit. SSB is I think the most popular game among our community but some of us do play SF, Injustice, BB, SG etc. We've been trying to work on having somewhat regular tournaments between our towns and I think we've been trying to get affiliated with the Spokane community in Washington too. A friend of mine that I know of that plays SG regularly is Jared/Staples, haven't really played with any other friends yet.

We're actually gonna be hosting Montana's annual tournament in my town in about 3 weeks, and will most likely have groups from four of our towns, and maybe have some groups coming from Washington or Idaho as well.