• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Why aren't the Medicis Looking for, "Filia?"

Kai

Go Home And Be A Family Man!
Reaction score
Website
www.killallinstinct.com
Steam
Kai
PSN
Night_Phyre
Parasoul Cerebella Big Band
Like, she's just hanging out and shit; fighting 'round the world, and gettin' into trouble. Shouldn't the local gangsters be looking for their lost mob princess? Why haven't we seen a single scene where this missing Medici is being sought after?

tumblr_mz2addu2nK1rwxvn2o1_1280.png

They probably just figured they already had enough to deal with, what with there being a Skullgirl that's actively trying to hunt them down and murder all of them.

Like, she's just hanging out and shit; fighting 'round the world, and gettin' into trouble. Shouldn't the local gangsters be looking for their lost mob princess?
Filia has Medici blood, but when is it actually stated that she's an important member of the family?
Regardless, my guess is that there actually are people looking for her but we don't see any hint of it because it's only relevant to certain character's stories. Maybe the search for Filia will be important in a Medici's story mode.

This is a question for Alex Ahad.

I always wonder if someone other than Painwheel is looking for Filia. I wonder which relatives she stayed with since it's implied that her parents were dead or missing.

Well, she's not blonde anymore. Maybe no one but cerebellar and pinwheel recognize her...?

Reactions: ashxu
Well, she's not blonde anymore. Maybe no one but cerebellar and pinwheel recognize her...?
That's actually a good observation, she looks very different in the past than she does now.

This will all be explained and more in the next upcoming patch! Expect it to be out sometime around 2017.

Becasue she gained too much weight because of Samson's eating.

Well Filia even gets groped by Riccardo who, as we know, is a Medici goon, so that means she either looks a lot different or she wasn't that important in the first place. :P

OR they are keeping her dissaperance a secret as that information leaking out could really hurt Medicis.

OR they themselves have something to do with her current state.

It's an interesting question. I think that it's easy to agree with those who have posted above; Filia looks quite different since gaining weight and also a Parasite fused to her head.

This question makes me wonder if the Medici function like a real crime family in respect to their children. That is, doing things like sending them off to public school so they can be normal, productive members of society and give the family a nice image. The Medici seem to have pretty good PR, so I'm thinking that's the case.

I've heard that she's a very high ranking member, like Vitale's niece or something, but I have no evidence to back up that claim. In any case, it does seem to be implied that she is of some importance, though it certainly doesn't seem to be a priority for the Medici at this point in time to go about getting her back. Given Samson's evasiveness about her situation, yes, there may be an incriminating part of some plot that has to do with her. We just have no means of finding out what it is with our small amount of material to go off of.

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
(555) 8298-2982
Took me a bit to get the reference, but when I did...
happy-looking-dog.jpg

Anywho, while I'm here...
Question - doesn't Samson spit her parents corpses' during Lv3?
Speculation - Oujo-sama will figure Filia's identity and use her fat ass to gain leverage against the Medici. And give her a hair cut in the process, thus killing two stones with one bird. Our Oujo-sama is so resourceful. Oujo-samaaaaaaaa!! <3 <3 <3

Maybe she just isn't that important. They might be too busy with the Skullgirl too. I don't think its a recognizability thing. I mean, Painwheel can recognize her.

Mrs Victoria's bio suggests that she's out looking for Filia right?
It could also be Carol AKA Painwheel, but unless Mrs. Victoria is a Medici it doesn't count.

It could also be Carol AKA Painwheel, but unless Mrs. Victoria is a Medici it doesn't count.
Lol true.

But yeah I think that the reasons the Medici aren't out in force looking for her could be that 1) Lorenzo is too busy worrying about not getting killed by Marie and 2) the other sons of Lorenzo probably see the (assumed) deaths of Filia's parents, her disappearance and Lorenzo's deteriorating condition as a chance to seize power of the Medici family, like what Vitale is doing.

Her disappearance and Lorenzo's deteriorating condition as a chance to seize power of the Medici family, like what Vitale is doing.
This is what I figured. Basically Vitale probably found out that his father was being immortal with the life gem, pretty much denying him any chance of taking over the family.

So then his top priority is to get the Life Gem for himself, then no one can contest is his claim of leadership (especially with Lorenzo turning to dust by the minute), right heir or not.

Reactions: Jake Was Here
Its pretty plausible that Filia's parents died in a Mafia hit because they betrayed the family or whatever.

In which case, the Medicis don't want her back (and probably think she's dead anyway).

Random Speculation - Filia's dad contracted the Fishbone Gang to steal the Lifegem for him and Lorenzo found out and called in the goons (and/or B.Dahlia)

Last edited:
Random Speculation - Filia's dad contracted the Fishbone Gang to steal the Lifegem for him and Lorenzo found out and called in the goons (and/or B.Dahlia)
You may be on to something. The Life Gem was supposed to be some secret only Lorenzo knew about, so some low level thieves gang finding out about it sounds unlikely unless they had some kind of inside information.

Also Filia has a few pieces of art from long ago with her hanging out with the old version of Fortune.

I'm not too sure about the mob hit theory for Filia's parents. In Filia's ending, Marie clearly knew something about what happened with Filia. If it was a simple mob hit, I don't think Marie would have known about it. Seems more likely that whatever happened must have involved the Skullgirl somehow.

That would be a cool palette.

I'm not too sure about the mob hit theory for Filia's parents. In Filia's ending, Marie clearly knew something about what happened with Filia. If it was a simple mob hit, I don't think Marie would have known about it. Seems more likely that whatever happened must have involved the Skullgirl somehow.
Yeah. I have the feeling Filia's story will be complicated and depressing. I just hope she gets her memories back soon. Amnesia makes for a really boring character personality.

This is L0 we're talking about. Believe me, one day... it'll be a cool character! xD Have faith brothers! (_ _)/
It'd be fun if Fukua (EX Filia) were made at the same time as Robo-Fortune. :PUN:
She'd need EX Eddie Air Drills of course.

Reactions: scrubbyscum999
I sometimes wish they didn't go with the whole amnesia plot point with her so we would have more information about the main character of the game. We know more about other characters than we know about our protagonist.
Filia is more of a flagship character.
Until we see the canon story she really isn't anymore important than the other characters.

Maybe she left the family before she lost her memory. I dunno. Maybe she just eats too much and they'd rather save money. Who knows.
You make it seem like she eats a factory of Twinkies everyday or something.

You make it seem like she eats a factory of Twinkies everyday or something.
Samson probably does.

Joking aside, the only thing more bothersome about Filia isn't just that she has amnesia, but its also that everyone else in the game knows who she is and doesn't say anything.

Filia is more of a flagship character.
Until we see the canon story she really isn't anymore important than the other characters.
Until I hear otherwise, Peacock is the main character.

Samson probably does.

Joking aside, the only thing more bothersome about Filia isn't just that she has amnesia, but its also that everyone else in the game knows who she is and doesn't say anything.

Until I hear otherwise, Peacock is the main character.

Well her only canon battles in story mode are against a crazed Painwheel; Val, Double and Marie, who have no interest in helping, and Squigly, who doesn't know her. The rest are filler battles.