• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Why aren't the Medicis Looking for, "Filia?"

Mmm, Factory of Twinkies...

tumblr_m2hcijtogS1qjyyuoo9_1280.png

Alex has said it many times that there is a lot of prejudices towards parasite hosts. So my guess is that they know about her amnesia and would rather leave her and Samson alone.

Kind of off-topic, but it's kind of unfair that Filia has three win poses while the rest only have one. Perhaps that would make her the main character by default?

Kind of off-topic, but it's kind of unfair that Filia has three win poses while the rest only have one. Perhaps that would make her the main character by default?
Actually, they were gonna put multiple poses for everyone but that got cut due to time and other restraints, they added older poses before the initial release due to those restrictions being lifted.

I like the theory about the Mafia hit. Anyway, maybe Filia is alive thanks to Samson.

I think she never knew her parents were involved with the Mob. That's why they don't care about her, she is no threat to the Medicis.

Its pretty plausible that Filia's parents died in a Mafia hit because they betrayed the family or whatever.

In which case, the Medicis don't want her back (and probably think she's dead anyway).

Random Speculation - Filia's dad contracted the Fishbone Gang to steal the Lifegem for him and Lorenzo found out and called in the goons (and/or B.Dahlia)

Perhaps her parents were getting sick and tired of being part of a family of criminals, and wanted out...and Lorenzo didn't take that very well.

Perhaps they caught Fukua and think they have Filia locked up.

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
Well Filia even gets groped by Riccardo who, as we know, is a Medici goon, so that means she either looks a lot different or she wasn't that important in the first place. :P

OR they are keeping her dissaperance a secret as that information leaking out could really hurt Medicis.

OR they themselves have something to do with her current state.

Well Ricardo was looking at her ass mostly, and she was wearing a hat. Combine this with her plump, more curvy body, samson's hair color and the fact Samson shouted, it's pretty unlikely he took notice.

I'm guessing they are searching for Filia, but she was likely a bitch to Cerebella (who wanted payback and decides to fight Filia in lieu of help her). Combine that with everyone else's agenda's (Parasoul, BB, Marie and Ms. Fortune all want to be rid of Medici, Painwheel is brain controlled, Valentine and Double work for the Skullgirl and Trinity and Squigly has no clue) no one really takes time to help her figure things out.

Between this, Samson's implied manipulations, and her amnesia, it's probably why she hasn't found out about her past fully. Also if the Medici and Samson DO want her to become skullgirl it's a win win. The Medici have an incredibly powerful member of the family to rule New Meridian, and Samson has his dream host.

Being honest, it's likely they just don't recognize her.
1: Her hair color (and style) has definitely changed
2: If her palettes are correct, she used to wear different colors, as well as be blonde
3: It's not off to say she gained weight, as, time has passed and she definitely ate stuff. Especially with Samson there.

She also has a different eye color compared to the days before Samson got to her. When you add that to her new hair-do and extra weight you can't blame any of the Medici for not recognizing her.

Something I've thought about for a while is that one of Filia's dislikes is the effects of Samson's parasitism. Could those effects be memory loss?.

Something I've thought about for a while is that one of Filia's dislikes is the effects of Samson's parasitism. Could those effects be memory loss?.

Actually, that originally said "Getting drunk when Samson drinks" on her profile! The developers were asked to remove the drinking reference there, so it was made into kind of a vague statement instead. The more you know~

However, it is pretty heavily implied that Samson is somehow responsible for Filia's memory loss otherwise, so you're not totally off the mark.

It makes sense for Samson to delete her memory so she can use her to get to the Skullheart.

It makes sense for Samson to delete her memory so she can use her to get to the Skullheart.
Samson cannot use the Skulkheart as he isn't a woman (do parasites have gender? I guess so...) but that leaves the question of how he's going to convince Filia to wish him anything at all.