• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Would a "Dramatic Battle" feature be a good addition to the game?

Bloodroke

Reaction score
Ms. Fortune Valentine
Many moons ago, a game was created, regarded by many as the perfect fighting game. Its legendary status was told by aging geezers holding primitive contraptions known as fight sticks. Its name is Street Fighter Alpha 3...

Here we go again, another one of my "Street Fighter Alpha 3" comparison feature request threads, or something. Yes, I know that SFA3 was by no means perfect and even hated by some. But for Skullgirls to take inspiration from this particular game amongst a few others, you'd think that more of the features would be "copied".

Time for some boring backstory! After having played Alpha 3 for years, I grew bored, and stopped playing for a year or two. Then, I discovered "Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max" for the PSP, and my love for SFA3 was rekindled. So many new features and game modes! I was in heaven... A "perfect" game was made even more "perfect". (Again, my opinion there.) I fell in love with Dramatic Battle mode; it was still as challenging as the regular game, despite the seemingly overpowered 2v1 scenario.

What is Dramatic Battle, you may ask? Dramatic Battle is a mode of play where you choose a character for yourself to play as, and then pick a partner to fight alongside you 24/7. Your partner can either be CPU controlled (although there isn't any option to change your partner's "difficulty") or played by a friend nearby or online. While seemingly overpowered at first glance, you and your partner take considerably more damage from enemy attacks, and your opponent takes far less damage from you and your partner's attacks. You and your partner share a single super move gauge. SFA3 Max also made your partner have slightly "dumber" AI (if CPU controlled) and increased the AI of your opponents slightly. The mode (in my opinion) is very fun and allows your friend to cooperate with you to take down an opponent rather than face them in a VS match (there can be vast differences in the skill levels of friends who want to play a fighting game with you; some don't want to be destroyed by one another and "ruin" the whole experience).

If Skullgirls had such a feature implemented, maybe there could even be an option to have the CPU opponent be human controlled, and fought against by two human opponents, or even Reverse Dramatic Battle (SFA3 Max also had this option), in which two CPU opponents fight against a single human competitor. I think such an option would be a great idea to implement into the game to add more "unique" features for longevity.

Thoughts?

I'm think it's been said that the consoles can't handle multiple characters doing their supers on screen (Team Hyper Combos) at the same time, so I'm not sure how well it could handle two characters on one said doing all their stuff at once.

Totally impossible on Consoles. Memory issues n stuff

Not one mention that the Ai in this game is completely retarded...

More work into character designs and development would be way better than this.