• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Your Dream Arcade

Your favorite type of arcade games?

• Total voters

6-Let

Public Enemy #6
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Steam
6Let
Unknown Unknown Unknown
So some of you already know I'm an Arcade aficionado, I'm hoping to open my own arcade when I come back to the US (currently Puerto Rico). This is my way of knowing what kind of games would you like to see in an arcade. And a good way to discuss arcades altogether: games, location, the machines, your experience, etc. I would also like to know (but you don't have to) what city (nearest big city) and state you live in?

Any arcade that contains a Time Crisis 3 machine is an alright arcade by me.

There was a fairly recent arcade light gun game that was made in 2012 its a 4-D horror lightgun game but I forget what it was called. either way that arcade machine is amazing.

It you instal a Panic Park cabinet in your joint then I'll be there every fuckin' day. I promise I won't sue when I break a finger.

Whens the Skullgirls cabinet oh wait...

Ah thx
mine will be shooters , puzzle and fighting.

Light Gun shooters are fun, stuff like House of the Dead and Time Crisis are great.

That being said, a little of everything couldn't hurt. Some classics like Castlevania and whatnot do still get attention, but not as much as fighters. The biggest thing you can is to have some DDR machines. Those things are money-making machines. XD

God I miss my old arcade...An old MvC and Garou cabinet, Super Puzzle Fighter, a few Schmups, and like 3 DDR machines XD The place was super fun and quite popular. Then it got bought out by a tanning salon place that took over their spot at our mall and failed miserably. Nobody's been able to keep a business in that spot ever since. Living in the middle of nowhere (Iowa) sucks.

I think to further help you Ill just make a list of a few games Id love to see in my dream arcade:

Marvel VS Capcom 2
Ninja Baseball Batman (pretty rare from what I know but if you had one of these machines in your place Id be there all the goddamn time this game is amazing)
Any of the Mario Kart arcade racers
Virtual On Ontario Tangram
Samurai Shodown...pretty much any of them
Street Fighter 3rd Strike
Soul Calibur 1 and 2
And laser tag. Because laser tag is the shit.

I miss arcades really hard. Ive only been to actual big arcades like a handful of times. And theyre so fun.

Magical Drop 3 was one of the best puzzle games
I miss that game

Those Arcade versions of F-Zero and Mario Kart would be kickass too
Initial D Initial D Initial D Initial D Initial D Initial D Initial D Initial D Initial D Initial D Initial D DAMN IT

Magical Drop 3 was one of the best puzzle games
I miss that game
Yo Super Puzzle Fighter was one of my all time puzzle games. Till I picked it up on PS3 my whole family'd go out and play a ton of rounds of Puzzle Fighter at the arcade :D

I feel an arcade should always use some racing games.
the fun arcadey stuff.
not the super realistic.

also pinball.
one of which has to be Bride of Pinbot.
a personal favorite of mine.

NeoGeo all-in-one cab, and hope SNKP doesn't come knocking at your door

skeeball and the basketball game ( you know the one )

I just want an arcade thats not a chunky chezz ticket gather-a-thon.

I'm liking the many responses.

My possible plans for my arcade:
Light Gun section - House of Dead (1st, 2nd, and 4th), Time Crisis (2, 3 & 4), Zone Crisis, Area 51 + Maximum Force (2 in 1)
Classic section - 3-4 multicade machines (Namco, Midway, etc), 3-4 NeoGeo 4-in-1 MVS
Coin eaters aka Brawler/Shumps section - X-men arcade (6-player one), Simpsons, Alien vs Predator, Final Fight, Raiden Fighters Jet, Strikers 1945 (either 2 or 3), Dodonpachi, Ikagura, some other import.
Fighter section (If I'm lucky to get any of theses) - MvC2, CvS2, KoF XI, 3rd Strike, Super Turbo, Vsav, Alpha 2, Alpha 3, Tekken Tag, Tekken 7, Soul Calibur 2, and other fighters that are possible (can't be Taito Type X, Sega RingEdge/Wide, or NESCiAx machines unless they allow import).
Musical section - DDR (the latest or request), 2 In the Groove 2 machines, Pump It Up (the lastest one), Beatmania, Guitar Hero arcade.
Sports/Racing/Special - Fast & Furious Supercars (better than Crusin Exotica by a mile), Initial D, Crazy Taxi, Afterburner, as for F-Zero, Mario Kart, and Star Wars Racer that's gonna be a hard one so maybe.
Others - Puzzles of course but that'll fall into the classic area anyway (Bubble Puzzle, Magical Drop, Puzzle Fighter, etc), a basketball machine maybe, a few ticket winners here and there, Pinball for sure, Air Hockey, and more ideas as I keep looking around.

wall-to-wall pachislot machines labeled "SNK" and "Konami"

ok that was really fucked up, I'm sorry

Reactions: 6-Let
Unlike most people I never played fighting games in arcades and since I have no idea how to play on a stick I don't do those at arcades. Co-op brawlers are SUPER fun though, and I'm always up to burn some coins at the Galaga machine.

Skullgirls, Revolution X, Time Crisis 1-3, Legends, Aliens vs Predator, Ninja Baseball Batman (played at Magfest was amazing), MvC1 & 2, more to come as I remember childhood

Reactions: dMags
yo, if you can score a Terminator 2 pinball machine, or the RoboCop pinball machine,
you got something that'll keep people coming for a long time.

and maybe see if you can score some Guilty Gear and Virtua Fighter machines.

Make a whole wall for pinball.

Reactions: SanoBaron
TTT1 is also a good fighter to have.
and you can never go wrong with Street Fighter 2.

do they make machines where you can set up Zen Pinball tables on them?
cuz that would be a great machine if it existed.

I miss my old arcade that had Marvel 2, im trash and I dont like that game but it was fun

I never really played much arcades when back then. Some of the arcade games that I really like include Ninja Baseball Batman, Super Dodgeball (Neo Geo), The Simpsons Arcade, MVC 1 and 2, and Marvel Super Heroes. Anything else listed is a plus for me.

See, I was thinking bigger. My dream arcade would, in addition to having a nice mix of the classic (pinball, ninja gaiden, etc), the mid-ish (mvc2, house of the dead, time crisis, etc), and the more recent (Xrd, maybe a separate room for the rhythm games, etc), it would also have a liquor license and employees with gozongas and impressive dongers (can't discriminate)

Basically, I want a mix of Galloping Ghost, Chip n Dales, and Hooters. With better beer options.

I have fond memories of playing Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection and MvC2 in arcades, as well as when they had a vanilla marvel 3 cabinet at this old arcade in this mall near my old house, they shut down over the last year or so, but I've always just loved playing fighting games in arcade, it has a really nostalgic feel for me.

Dream wise, I'd definitely have to lean towards Skullgirls, Xrd, Dynamite Bomb, and Marvel 3 (I hate this game)

Fighting games, shmups, brawlers, and run and gun shooters are probably best for me. I stand by my belief that anyone who doesn't like shmups will one day be serving The Antichrist or the closest analogue.

My ideal arcade would have the following:

Fighters:
-Marvel Vs Capcom 2
-Marvel Super Heroes
-Guilty Gear Accent Core
-Skullgirls
-Vampire Savior
-Super Turbo
-Karnov's Revenge

Shmups:
-Rayforce
-Dodonpachi DOJ
-Hishouzame
-Crimzon Clover: World Ignition
-Ketsui
-Armed Police Batrider
-Gradius

Brawlers:
-King of Dragon's
-Knights of The Round
-Alien Vs Predator
-Armored Warriors

Action Platformers/Run and gun shooters
-Ghouls and Ghosts
-Ninja Spirit
-Rastan Saga

That's just going by games that have (or will have) arcade ports. If I could stick anything in there (provided it was arcade styled), I'd have to include more.

Just have every game ever made for every genre and you are golden.
mfw I walk in

ibxrIL1Udhm429.gif

I don't think an arcade needs an absolute ton of schmups and fighters. Light Gun shooters and DDR machines, at least from my experience with all the now dead arcades in my area, were the ost popular machines. :/

"Needing", hardly. "Wanting", on the other hand...

I stopped visiting my local place when they got rid of the Ghouls and Ghosts/Strider/Robotron/Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting machines. Fuck those assholes.

All my local arcades just died. Like...at nearly the same time....makes me quite sad, really. D: