• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Your headcanons

Holy Goose

Science Shark Supporter
Reaction score
Steam
eestifisher
Unknown Unknown Unknown
I guess, we need to talk about our headcanons. There was a thread about it, but now it's archived.

Time to bring back the tradition.

Headcanon:

Marie had psychic powers inherited from her mother, who was a test subject in the ASG Labs, to hold off the Skull Heart's influence.

-The Canopy Kingdon is in the Skullgirls's world equivalent to Europe. New Meridian and the Meridian Kingdom are equivalent to modern and ancient Italy respectively. Likewise, the Renoirs were orginally from the Northern Europe equivalent. Vitale calling the Renoirs "barbarians" and the their WWI-WWII German aesthetics reinforce this.

-Aeon is the most likeable and 'normal' of the Trinity. She has mundane interests and cares less about trying to kill everyone. Her personality is mostly shy and withdrawn, but a strongly obsessive and even possessive streak.

-The Aeon and Venus we see in Double's story are not exactly the same Aeon and Venus that Eliza killed.

-Everyone who goes to the Grand Cathedral regularly has questions regarding the strange and anachronistic fashion choices of the Venus stained glass.

-Queen Lamia and The Mother aren't exactly the same, either.

-Assuming Double is a construct of the Trinity and not something else (like a parasite), she's both the Skullgirls equivalent to an angel and Satan himself. She has a light color scheme with whites and golds, is a horrifying monster with multiple eyes that fulfills the work of god. And also the classical trickster and tempter with manipulates the evil in people and is the 'ruler' of the underworld (Gehenna).

-Double would absolutely dote on Umbrella almost as if she was her own daughter due to her appreciation of Umbrella's cataclysmic Skullgirl power and the fact that Umbrella might even qualify as a relative of Double.

-It is definitely not a coincidence that Valentine, Annie, Squigly and the Trinity statue are all missing an eye and that Parasoul (and Nancy), Double and Black Dahlia usually only have one eye showing.

-D. Violet is actually a bit of a lousy superhero and her escapades end up with her bound, gagged and hogtied more often than not.

-In addition to being patrons of the arts, the MEDICi are also big donors towards hospitals and medical research in the Canopy Kingdom. Which is a big reason as to why they were able to deduce that Eliza was stealing from the blood drives.

-Vitale is very aware of Cerebella's suspect feelings for him. He exploits these to keep her loyal and subservient to the mafia. Vitale meanwhile presents himself as an aloof father figure, but in truth he cares very little for Cerebella beyond her combat prowess and Vice-Versa.

Everyone who goes to the Grand Cathedral regularly has questions regarding the strange and anachronistic
I love this one!

D. Violet is actually a bit of a lousy superhero and her escapades end up with her bound, gagged and hogtied more often than not.
... I'm sure she kind of enjoys it.

Amazing headcanons, some of them kind of seem to be really canonical, actually.

I have a headcanon that Double tried to diminish Annie's popularity through the history. Just like some real figures within some organized (and not so much) religions or sects, who try to fight against some forms of entertainment or tradition.

The Trinity really didn't like how Annie turned the curse against them. Being behind the whole Trinitism thing, Double tried her best to "cancel" Annie (when not trying to outright destroy her), from discouraging the spread of the legends about the Star Child, to outright claiming that Annie's shows are blasphemous. Maybe she even tried to prosecute Annie as a witch some centuries ago.

It was really a serious matter, because Annie was ruining the whole plan of the Trinity. People started to question the whole Skull Heart thing. Some of them even followed Annie to fight the current Skullgirl and her minions. Maybe she intervened in Double's political games too.

I guess, it's an interesting theme for a fan speculation.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodMudkip
I have a headcanon that Double tried to diminish Annie's popularity through the history. Just like some real figures within some organized (and not so much) religions or sects, who try to fight against some forms of entertainment or tradition.
I bet if Double called Annie a gypsy (instead of a witch or something else), Annie's show would have been cancelled immediately.
Anyway, I feel like that could go both ways. Annie could have tried to tell people the truth about Trinitism to no avail.

Here's another one.
-Mrs. Victoria isn't married. She just goes by Mrs. in hope of stopping her male students from hitting on her. It doesn't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Holy Goose
Ok I've been lurking here for a while now, and am only just now engaging with the community at large so here we go.

-Double framed Scythana to keep her and Isaac from digging deeper into Gehenna and potentially learning its secrets.

-Samson is suppressing parts of Filia's memories because he had something to do with Carol's disappearance, and he's afraid of Filia remembering too much and finding out.

-Riccardo and Lawrence kidnap Minnette (as well as the River King's other daughters) at the end of Ms. Fortune's story, so the Medicis can hold them for leverage against the River King for... some reason. We still don't know enough about the River King to nail down a motive for why the Medicis would kidnap his daughters, but it's safe to assume they're doing it to hang it over his head, and get him to do what they want.

OK now for an actual headcanon instead of a bunch of half-assed theories I came up with in a few seconds.

-The Gae Bolga parasite can only work if the person it's bonded to is already in a great state of pain, like adrenaline. That's why Painwheel has all those nails in her body, to keep her in a constant state of pain so she can actually use the Gae Bolga parasite.

Because the King, Spade and Joker members of the Cirque des Cartes will likely never get any sort of official personalities, I am going to pitch some ideas for them
- King (The Ringleader) is a manic-depressive acholic who is only ever happy when he's in the middle of the stage with a rapt audience and otherwise cannot function in society. Regina has had to pull a revolver out of his mouth on several occasions.
- Spade is related to Hubrect, though HOW he is related is a mystery to most everyone. He's got a foul temper, but a lot of his sour personality is part of the act and playing himself up to be Hubrect's opposite. And his resemblance to Jack Cayman from Mad World is purely coincidental.
- Joker (Clown) may or may not be the most important character in all of Skullgirls. honk. HONK.

Ooh boy this thread hasn't been talked on in a while. Here goes.

- Peacock and Black Dahlia are related. Not much information is given to us about Dahlia's life before she became an Anti-Skullgirl Weapon and then criminal in turn, but this headcanon sort of assumes that she had a more mundane life before getting uhh.. put through the skullgirl cheese grater, but anyways. Basically, she had young children at the time, and due to OBVIOUS mental illness, when she became an ASG, chose to kind of forget they existed. Well, before the war between the three major nations, Peacock's parents fled the Canopy Kingdom to Romellgrad, thinking they could escape the inevitable war. We all know how that turns out. Basically, this makes Peacock's grandmother Dahlia. I know most of Peacocks'.. Issues.. come from her experiences in Romellgrad + the Medici, but it would also be pretty interesting to see a "crimes of the father" type trope with the two, where Peacock finds out about Dahlia's existence as her grandmother in some way and swears up and down never to become like her. A violent, rabid beast with an insatiable drive for pain and battle.

-Leduc is not a confident person. We don't get much information on Leduc, but I'd like to think he's very nervous at times. I have a headcanoned backstory for him as well, but who knows if we'll get more information on him, so I'll keep it to myself. Basically, the lab has really been all he's ever known, so he's terrified that he's going to let them down or disappoint them in some way. Hence forth, anxiety.

- Eliza and Dahlia are very very gay. I'm not elaborating.

- Avery is like a real pet bird and LOVES head scratches.

- Idk if this is confirmed or not, but it is my opinion that the kids in the background of Lab 8 are the children from Romellgrad. Peacock constantly shows off and impresses them. She also cares a great deal for them, considering she took care of them alongside Marie back at the makeshift orphanage. Ileum insists that she doesn't need to care for them, but Peacock is too stubborn to give a damn.

There are probably others but I can't think right now, so here you go.

In lieu of new information:

-After Marie became the Skullgirl and went back to try and rescue Patricia, all she could find of her was her old hat, which she had held onto ever since.

Last edited:
-The Canopy Kingdon is in the Skullgirls's world equivalent to Europe. New Meridian and the Meridian Kingdom are equivalent to modern and ancient Italy respectively. Likewise, the Renoirs were orginally from the Northern Europe equivalent. Vitale calling the Renoirs "barbarians" and the their WWI-WWII German aesthetics reinforce this.

-Aeon is the most likeable and 'normal' of the Trinity. She has mundane interests and cares less about trying to kill everyone. Her personality is mostly shy and withdrawn, but a strongly obsessive and even possessive streak.

-The Aeon and Venus we see in Double's story are not exactly the same Aeon and Venus that Eliza killed.

-Everyone who goes to the Grand Cathedral regularly has questions regarding the strange and anachronistic fashion choices of the Venus stained glass.

-Queen Lamia and The Mother aren't exactly the same, either.

-Assuming Double is a construct of the Trinity and not something else (like a parasite), she's both the Skullgirls equivalent to an angel and Satan himself. She has a light color scheme with whites and golds, is a horrifying monster with multiple eyes that fulfills the work of god. And also the classical trickster and tempter with manipulates the evil in people and is the 'ruler' of the underworld (Gehenna).

-Double would absolutely dote on Umbrella almost as if she was her own daughter due to her appreciation of Umbrella's cataclysmic Skullgirl power and the fact that Umbrella might even qualify as a relative of Double.

-It is definitely not a coincidence that Valentine, Annie, Squigly and the Trinity statue are all missing an eye and that Parasoul (and Nancy), Double and Black Dahlia usually only have one eye showing.

-D. Violet is actually a bit of a lousy superhero and her escapades end up with her bound, gagged and hogtied more often than not.

-In addition to being patrons of the arts, the MEDICi are also big donors towards hospitals and medical research in the Canopy Kingdom. Which is a big reason as to why they were able to deduce that Eliza was stealing from the blood drives.

-Vitale is very aware of Cerebella's suspect feelings for him. He exploits these to keep her loyal and subservient to the mafia. Vitale meanwhile presents himself as an aloof father figure, but in truth he cares very little for Cerebella beyond her combat prowess and Vice-Versa.
jesus christ, you seemed motivated