• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report 1/30 Salty - Robo-Fortune Lives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a second, story-mode delays... I don't even want to think about Beo vs Marie 300.
I dunno, I think Beo'd have it pretty easy. His damage is like 300 times higher than Squigs and he has that Arm super to ignore all projectiles

I dunno, I think Beo'd have it pretty easy. His damage is like 300 times higher than Squigs and he has that Arm super to ignore all projectiles

I wasn't aware the arm super ignored projectiles. I just assumed that, being armor, it ate the pain.

Admittedly, I, uh, haven't actually used Beowulf that much. I like his theme, his stage, and I'm looking forward to story mode. It's just that the gameplay aspects haven't really called to me, you know? He does awesome damage, but seems to require an awful lot of setup. Bella's grapples are over and done with fairly quickly, so I enjoy her as a high risk/high reward spacing game; Beo seems more geared towards setting up the stage to lock down the enemy in a world of pain, which oddly enough doesn't appeal to me as much. Maybe I'll understand and appreciate him better after he gets a training mode.

Arm super isn't armored. Pretty sure.

Chairless cHP and cHK are.

Gigantic Arm has invulnerability for a bit of frames and moves fast, but it does not ignore projectiles. It does not have armor. Removing the chair allows you to do all the supers he would normally be able to do, but you lose the one grab finisher and the ability to throw the chair. Against Marie 300% beowulf would likely be significantly less effective, given that none of his moveset that would be usable on Marie hits more than 3 times, and her weakness of multihit moves (which squigly has many) caused by her inability to take increased scaling from multihit moves. If someone wants to do the math and check me on the wrong factor go ahead.
Also beowulf can't grab marie and that kinda a significant part of his gameplan.

Robo looks great I want to be able to play her immediately.

Reactions: The Dave
But you lose parts of his move list and I think 2 supers
This has been a long standing gripe I have with Marie. She renders a lot of moves useless since she ignores the rules the rest of the cast has to follow. I can only hope that since Eliza has proven to be villanous enough that she takes the "final" boss position in Beowulf's campaign.

Honestly, I can't imagine Beowulf needing to actually fight Marie aside from keeping up with the trend of everyone having to fight her. The wulf needs to rebel against the system.

Reactions: The Dave
Guys, you can take Beowulf/Marie gameplay discussion to the appropriate threads! They exist.

Reactions: Wenzel
Now I keep imagining Yamane doing a "Lost Painting" style rendition of Beowulf's theme, with a soft piano melody, strings, and chimes. Maybe the sound of a squeaky metal chair could be sprinkled in the background for good measure.

Aw, I'd really love to hear that!

I remember render or mike mentioning on the salty! stream that the current NMO arena theme was being done by yamane, but it wasn't working out and they went with the other good people. They mentioned what yamane was doing might show up somewhere else, so hopefully theres gonna be a neat somber version of the current theme for the empty version.

They mentioned what yamane was doing might show up somewhere else, so hopefully theres gonna be a neat somber version of the current theme for the empty version.

Or in the nightmare variant of the NMO arena showing up in SG2.

Someone should probably note that SG animation stream happening now on LabZero twitch

Someone should probably note that SG animation stream happening now on LabZero twitch

Cool stuff here:
http://www.twitch.tv/labzero/b/620596772

Looking at Persona animating her kicks without having drawn her arms on makes me no longer wish Muse was in the game, because Robo's filling in all our badass rotating kick flip flip kick needs!

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
Can Robo-Fortune be a zoner/projectileheavy? Plz? Thanks <3

Reactions: Muro
Im pretty sure robo has all her moves and playstyle set for some time, so suggestions are probably not being taken at the moment

pls no.

Seriously? I mean I think the game could use someone who just reeks of defense or slight keep away. Peacock needs company and I like holding back more then I do running forward lol

Reactions: Muro
I'm not even joking, I genuinely think the game could benefit from it.

Or I would.

GODPLZISUCKSOBADATTHISGAME

Be brave, don't be a coward, push that stick forward.

Nah for real tho, Robo-Fortune would be cool as a zoner. If only because I'd love to see a shit-ton of bullets, missiles, and lasers. Plus it would balance out my close range Beowulf game.

I'm hoping for a midrange fighter because it's my favorite style. Nothing against zoners not named Guile btw

So, uh, are zoners, rushdowns, and grapplers the only three character types? 'Cause I would kind of like something that's not either of those. Alas, I'm currently stuck on "lousy but opportunistic implementation of the previous three." Then again, I'm that weird guy that likes "going for openings" more than "pushing the long combo." And yet, I don't like Double. Weird. Maybe I should start one of those training diaries...

So, uh, are zoners, rushdowns, and grapplers the only three character types?

There's also Charge Characters, Puppet characters, flight characters, stance characters, etc. But the thing about Skullgirls is that no fighter is completely one dimensional. They have traits to give them versatility. Ex: Parasoul is able to zone and Cerebella does not have to rely on grabs for damage.

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
Do people actually zone with Parasoul?

Mid ranged zoning'd be cool.

I wonder if her head will come off like a robotic spider :3

I wonder if her head will come off like a robotic spider :3

You should run down over to Persona streaming Robo Kitty's animation. RIGHT NOW. come on over it's a party.

IN THERE LIKE RICE KRISPY SQUARES

I think Poccola likes to do a lot of bullshit with fireballs.

Please someone tell me R. Fortune's slated for an April 1st release so we can all have flashbacks of Fukua.

Please someone tell me R. Fortune's slated for an April 1st release so we can all have flashbacks of Fukua.

R. Fortune's slated for an April 1st release so we can all have flashbacks of Fukua.

Source: Fake

Reactions: FinalShoryuken
Status
Not open for further replies.