• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report 3/13 Salty - A New Stage Arrives at Station!

From what I see, Beowulf still needs:

- Implemented voices
- Completed stage music
- "Grab finishers generate hype" mechanic
- We don't know how far along story mode is

Is a March release still doable? Because good lord, the Beta changes NEED to be put into retail, Beowulf is too addicting to stay locked in Beta much longer...

T-train stage?!

I... I'm gonna need a moment to process all this...
jigsface.png

Your avatar is so appropriate right now.

From what I see, Beowulf still needs:

- Implemented voices
- Completed stage music
- "Grab finishers generate hype" mechanic
- We don't know how far along story mode is

Is a March release still doable? Because good lord, the Beta changes NEED to be put into retail, Beowulf is too addicting to stay locked in Beta much longer...
Two more weeks, Wait it out.

To finish the list, we still require a few voice packs, which is apparently Valley Girl Painwheel, Drunk Announcer, Bum Filia, and Salty Parasoul(?), So, the Skullgirls development is far from done, actually.
Oh god I can't wonder how many people will choose the drunk announcer voice pack.

Bum Filia is going to happen?

Man I remember seeing the original design art for the train stage like five damn years ago.

To see it fleshed out like that, it's fucking beautiful.

I sincerely love you guys lol

First I heard of Bum Filia voice pack. I know there is a Parasoul one, a Peacock one, a Painwheel one, a Double one, and a Big Band one. Robo Fortune was originally gonna be a voice pack for regular Fortune, but was eventually upgraded to an entirely separate character.

As far as announcer voices besides the default I believe it was

Soviet [what was just revealed]
Female announcer [was shown off awhile ago; Cristina Vee aka Cerebella VA]
Drunk announcer [think of Hiimdaisy Persona 4 Dojima]
igg_stretch_goal_bar.png

yeah, Bum Filia isn't a voice pack that has ever been announced during the indiegogo or since.

Filia is already a bum so why would she even need another voice pack. . .

Ravidrath confirmed on a stream that it's just "Politician Double" voice pack now.

I now know what my favorite stage is going to be.

We have been hearing that sentence quite a few time each time a new stage was implemented this year, it clearly must be a good sign!

Reactions: KaboomKid
Ravidrath confirmed on a stream that it's just "Politician Double" voice pack now.

You say "just" as though it's lost what made it "Republican" Double before. It hasn't. It is different only in name. It will still have lines like "Republican Carrrr" and such, but we expanded it somewhat so we had a little more content to work with, rather than just republicans. :P

"Drunk Announcer" will also have to be called something else, since alluding to being drunk or references to actual drinking or alcoholic drinks can land us a new descriptor for our ESRB rating, and that would require us to do another submission, which we want to avoid. We're probably going with "Dazed" instead of "Drunk", but he'll still sound drunk.

Also, as someone has already mentioned, Bum Filia was never a voice pack. She's a background NPC only.

So Liberal Double material now too since the focus is not just one political party ? lol that just expands the political jokes you can toss around easily.

I'm fine with name changes. "Dazed", "Stunned", "Dizzy", and such are common localization terms to replace "drunk" statuses usually constant in Japanese games to dodge needless ratings boards encounters.

Ok, thought I missed something about another voice pack.

This is awesome, but will you be able to pull all of this? I'm always worried on the financial status, and I'm also very very very very very paranoid which makes me annoying at times.

We have been hearing that sentence quite a few time each time a new stage was implemented this year, it clearly must be a good sign!
Yeah, I really dig all the new stages with one exception (gehenna) but I love the panoramic view of the Canopy kingdom. I think this is the most elaborate train stage I've seen in a fighting game but I haven't seem them all yet.

This is awesome, but will you be able to pull all of this? I'm always worried on the financial status,
It was part of the IGG, so yes, there is money to pay the people who require being paid for the things to get done.

Reactions: Jet Set Dizzy
I'll go for "Hard Day at Work Announcer" anytime.

IGG stretch goals said:
  • "Republican Double" "Politician Double" by Kaiji Tang
  • Female Announcer by Cristina Vee
  • "Salty Parasoul" by Erin Fitzgerald
  • "Drunk Commentator" "Dazed Commentator" by Joshua Tomar
  • "Valley Girl Painwheel" by Danielle McRae
  • "Saxploitation" by Rich Brown
  • "Anime Peacock" by Sarah Williams
  • "Real Soviet Announcer" by MikeZ
Bozhe moy! One down, seven to go! And one of my favorites is the first one to be added.

I wonder if it will be like MvC3 or SFxT where you can decide who's English and who's Japanese, but in Skullgirls case, Normal or Hilarious. Although I don't see how anyone can stay sane or not die laughing with more than one pack active.

Announcer with Sean Connery level slurred speech: Round 2. Jush waitaminute. Where's my car keysh?
<Painwheel opens with a Gae Bolga Stinger>
Painwheel: Oh. My. Glob! Like, I broke a nail, Becky!
<Parasoul gets up from a high-damage skillful combo with low HP>
Parasoul: I've seen better steps on a ladder, scrub!

To bring that stage even more hype, when you do a burst bait, the hype rips open reality:

vYQTsQS.png

@Muro was able to recover from sheer awe quick enough to snap a shot of the Hype Train blasting down the track.

ZONE continues their slow domination of the SG universe.
Is that Venus in the first train cart?

"Drunk Announcer" will also have to be called something else, since alluding to being drunk or references to actual drinking or alcoholic drinks can land us a new descriptor for our ESRB rating, and that would require us to do another submission, which we want to avoid. We're probably going with "Dazed" instead of "Drunk", but he'll still sound drunk.
Dang, for some reason I thought there already was a Use of Alcohol descriptor; probably confused it with Use of Tobacco.
Now I'm remembering Eliza drinks root beer in story mode. Anyway, I know some of Lab Zero enjoys the use of esoteric words which made me think of the word gambrinous.

Female Announcer by Cristina Vee
Now that the UI is in for voice packs, does that mean this is going in right away?

I recall an announcement that it was recorded over a year ago and showcased on a Salty broadcast.

iirc there was something wrong with it that they wanted to mess with.

Now that the UI is in for voice packs, does that mean this is going in right away?
I recall an announcement that it was recorded over a year ago and showcased on a Salty broadcast.
Nope, it's getting re-recorded.

She deserves it.
all the hours of getting combod to death by fillia are burned into my mind.

If Drunk/Dazed/Dojima/Delirious Announcer actually is in the style of the Hiimdaisy Dojima dub that everyone has seen I will freaking... do something big.

Like... shove money at my screen. Or something.

It is imperative to me that someone rip and compile all Soviet Announcer voices as soon as possible.
I just about lost it when he called Peacock "Captain Pronin".

It's kinda sad not everyone gets a voice pack DX Ah well, what can ya do? Slight speculation and bad ideas, of course!

Farmer Beowulf (this sounds hilarious in my head. Only one? Alright...)
Bum Filia
Disco Eliza (Also thought Shakespearean Eliza)
Horror Squigly
Improv Fortune
Lovey-Dovey Valentine
probably a lot of better ideas for voice packs, but it'd be cool to get one for everyone ;_;

Reactions: Kuzlalala
It really is..I don't care fore many of those ideas but Filia and Fortune not having anything is a bummer for sure at the very least.

I always thought having a luchawulf voice pack would be pretty funny...just beowulf speaking entirely in mangled spanish...either that or a balls to the walls macho man impression.