• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza A Song of Blood and Beauty - Eliza Lore & Speculation

Balder

Reaction score
In this topic, we discuss the known lore and speculate about the immortal diva, Eliza.

VOICE WORK
Michelle Ruff as Eliza
Wendee Lee as Sekhmet
Christopher Corey Smith as Albus
Sean Schemmel as Horace

BIOGRAPHY
Eliza is the celebrity diva of New Meridian's premiere nightclub, Bastet’s Den. Unbeknownst to the club's patrons, however, she's also been host to the skeletal Parasite Sekhmet for untold years. Widely known for her blood drive charities, in reality these serve to feed Sekhmet and maintain Eliza's ageless beauty. Recently discovered and blackmailed by the Medici into pursuing the Skull Heart, Eliza's ancient ambitions stir once more…

ESSENTIAL DATA
Birthday: October 17
Bloodtype: Any
Height: 5'11
Weight: 160lbs (on average)
Measurements: 36DD - 24 - 41 (on average)
Likes: Beer, kushari, dolma, Old Fashioneds, board games (especially Senet), bathing, dressing up, cats, sunny weather, dancing, singing, being in the spotlight, blood, conquest, Samson
Dislikes: Human arrogance, prejudice against Parasites, plebeians, missed opportunities, philanthropy, X-rays, living small, Trinitism, historical inaccuracies, unhealthy blood, losing her nose, Samson

ASSORTED LORE (from the Canon Info archive topic)
- In the Canopy Kingdom, Parasite hosts are generally feared and shunned, but due to the fact that Eliza's parasite is virtually invisible, she doesn't have to deal with that kind of discrimination;
- Originates from the Skullgirls universe-equivalent of Egypt;
- Eliza is older than Annie;
- Eliza's been operating under her current guise for about 20 years now;
- Eliza is basically a vampire who can keep living forever as long as she gets blood;
- There are other club singers in the Canopy Kingdom, but Eliza is one of the best known;
- Compared to Horace, Albus is younger, more aggressive and rough around the edges. In contrast, Horace is older, wiser and more refined, even if a bit out of shape. They generally work well together as a team even if they argue every once in a while. They act as back-up for Eliza as she does most of the fighting as soon as she gets an excuse to, otherwise they act as moral support for her. They are pretty strong and would give Beowulf and interesting match.

ANCIENT EGYPTIAN MOTIFS PRESENT IN ELIZA'S DESIGN AND MOVE SET
Ankh as Eliza's character emblem and the celestial robe-like part of her dress
Sekhmet, Eliza's parasite is named after the ferocious lioness goddess
Anubis is indirectly referenced in Eliza's jackal feral bodyguard, Albus
Horus is indirectly referenced in Eliza's hawk feral bodyguard, Horace
Ra is the namesake of Eliza's golden staff
Asp / Egyptian Cobra in Standing Light Punch
Sistrum in Jumping Light Punch
Narmer Palette in Standing Medium Punch
Great Sphinx of Giza in Crouching Medium Punch
Ibis in Jumping Medium Punch
Maat in Crouching Hard Punch and alluded at in the ostrich feather head piece Eliza wears
Aten in Jumping Hard Punch
Bastet in Crouching Light Kick
The slaying of Apep in Standing Medium Kick
Sobek in Crouching Medium Kick
Apep's devouring of the Sun is referenced in Standing Hard Kick
Solar Barge in Crouching Hard Kick
Apis in Jumping Hard Kick
Nekhbet in Air Throw
Embalming process and the Four Sons of Horus in Eliza's hit states
Mummification in her thrown state
Nut and Geb in Ground Tech
Ancient Egyptian frescoes in Standing Block
Rosetta Stone in Crouching Push Block
Bes in Air Push Block
Sekhmet's Aegis in Burst
Egyptian reed in Outtake technique
Khepri in Level 3 Blockbuster

Discuss.​

Last edited:
Okay, fresh start time. Eliza is dropping into beta and we're turning over a new, more focused leaf in this sub forum. This thread is for discussing topics not specifically dedicated to gameplay. However, going completely batshit off the rails like happened constantly in the previous Eliza thread will not be tolerated. Warnings will be given to those excessively derailing or posting off topic.

Big shoutout to Balder for compiling all this stuff.

I'm actually curious to see how sekmet will sound because the only voice i've heard from wendee lee(recently) is lisa hamilton from doa5 and needless to say that was a really giddy voice

also a+ for balder for being on the ball

I'm actually kind of surprised Sekh and Eliza have separate voices. I had sort of figured they'd both share a VA, but sound different because of how long they'd been together and how it's often said it's hard to tell where one starts and the other ends. A sort of Bruce Wayne / Batman deal.

I'd also forgotten Albus and Horrace would need VAs. They got some seriously heavy hitters for this character!

I'm sure the story portraits are Alex's.
Most likely. I added it as such. Ultimately, it clearly looks like it's his work.
It's just that there are several people credited with the in-game arts and as we've seen thanks to the streams, artists with different styles nonetheless manage to perfectly replicate Alex's style.

Big thanks to Cellsai for moving the art archive here (saved me a LOT of work). orz
The other two are of little consequence to this; the WIP archive is largely obsolete with Eliza's addition to the Beta and the fan palette archive was just for kicks-n-giggles. Nonetheless, if Lab Zero keeps streaming work on Eliza (likely of Sekhmet), no reason to not keep tabs on it, just that people won't really need old Twitch/YT stills of her basic actions anymore.

Will eventually get on a chart of sorts for her official alternate palettes but there isn't much right now besides Fem!Jedah, maybe-Hilda and maybe-Vampirella.

And yeah, a very high-profile voice cast all for one character. Makes me wonder how many lines A&H will have and almost assures us Sekhmet will have spoken lines.

Aren't those alts not going to stay? Mike said as much on the stream.

I'm actually curious to see how sekmet will sound because the only voice i've heard from wendee lee(recently) is lisa hamilton from doa5 and needless to say that was a really giddy voice

also a+ for balder for being on the ball

Giddy voices are what Wendee Lee is known for, if not mature motherly or mentor-esque voices the rest of the time. (Which is part of the reason I think she fit's perfect as Sekhmet) From my knowledge of her range, I don't she's ever done a monster voice before so I'm kinda skeptical about her voicing Sekhmet. Provided Sekhmet even has a "monster voice" but I can't imagine a walking vampiric skeleton to have a normal voice to begin with.

Plenty of well known monsters/ghouls sound normal: Jack Skellington (and most characters from Tim Burton animations), Most characters from Monsters' Inc, many monsters from Sesame street, etc. The list goes on.

I think she'll probably have a normal voice. Just cuz she's a skeleton, she doesn't have to sound like a monster. Samson and Leviathan sound pretty normal.

Yeah, they're coiled cobras.

I just wanted to mention that I think you left out Eliza's Standing Hard Kick which I believe MikeZ said was Apep devouring the sun.

Reactions: Balder
I just wanted to mention that I think you left out Eliza's Standing Hard Kick which I believe MikeZ said was Apep devouring the sun.

Yeah thats what he said it was.

I'm actually kind of surprised Sekh and Eliza have separate voices. I had sort of figured they'd both share a VA, but sound different because of how long they'd been together and how it's often said it's hard to tell where one starts and the other ends. A sort of Bruce Wayne / Batman deal.

I'd also forgotten Albus and Horrace would need VAs. They got some seriously heavy hitters for this character!
Same here, I am pleasantly surprised at the choices and approve! The two diverging voices has be really curious now. I was expecting just Eliza with fx and a harsher tone for Sekh, but this shall be interesting. Gotta love L0 defying expectations. This also leads me to believe that Sekh will have more of an independent role than I first thought. You're not going to hire a high profile voice actress and only have her say a few phrases. I think we'll have a whole separate Sekh mode.

...Eliza is older than Annie...

I have to wonder just how old she is. We know the Skullheart isn't eternal; Samson and Leviathan predate it. If Eliza does as well... there would be something oddly satisfying, I think, hearing her mock the Skullheart and Double as arrogant young upstarts.

Also, count me as curious as every one else about how Sekhmet will sound. The look makes me imagine her snarling, black metal style, but I'm prepared to be surprised by something less expected.

I do love her win pose.

Win poses.jpg

EDIT:

DeathArcana said:
so each button you hold down is a different outfit on KO
:LP: is swimsuit

:MP: is fur coat

:HP: is track/gym clothe

:LK: is red carpet dress

:MK: is Skimpy outfit mike hates

:HK: is Ragyo Kyuirin's clothes

...this would have been useful to know before I went through rematch after rematch hoping for randoms..

Last edited:
If Eliza walks down the street in that fur coat and a protester tosses a bucket of blood all over her...would she be mad?:PUN:

Also, courtesy of Shamash-phi:
kpviX3v.jpg

1. Default
2. Original? (IIRC, P2 is always original)
3. ??? (speculated to be Hilda from UNIB but several details don't match)
4. ???
5. Blood
6. Midnight Bliss Jedah [Vampire Savior]

Last edited:
Reactions: Osmiumsmith
Number 2 is Vampirella.

3. Hilda [Under Night In-Birth] (speculation)
Eyes of hilda are green and red, so I think not, the arms isn't paint like clothes and hilda shoe's are white:
Hilda_Under_Night_In-Birth.jpg

They've already got quotes for Eliza from other characters, or at least tag-in quotes. Most of them are pretty simple (e.g. "Eliza!"), but I'm trying to make out what Leviathan has to say for one of the tag-ins. I can't quite make it out, but it's muttered under his breath, and he does not sound happy at all.

They've already got quotes for Eliza from other characters, or at least tag-in quotes. Most of them are pretty simple (e.g. "Eliza!"), but I'm trying to make out what Leviathan has to say for one of the tag-ins. I can't quite make it out, but it's muttered under his breath, and he does not sound happy at all.
of course not, they have been enemies for hundreds of years

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I can cant wait till the story mode comes out i want know the history between the parasites

Number 2 is Vampirella.
That was my initial impression but Vampirella is fair-skinned, her shoes' black and her hair has a bluish hue.

Eyes of hilda are green and red, so I think not, the arms isn't paint like clothes and hilda shoe's are white:
I admit I was parroting others on that plus a brief "safeguard" of uncertainty. Honestly, Fem!Jedah is the only one I am certain of.
I'll rephrase it nonetheless. (__)

This is why I didn't want to add a palette chart so soon... <:3

EDIT:
tumblr_n6tdn2OuFz1rctdi7o1_1280.png

VA jokes. AH!

Last edited:
"No tricks." That's what Leviathan's saying, I think, when Eliza gets called in. Given their history, that sounds like a fair reaction to calling her in for help. Wondering if there's any other interesting comments to be heard.

Also, I don't think all such quotes to/about Eliza from other characters are in yet --Marie greets Eliza with the same generic comments as she gives Fukua, for instance.

Last edited:
Plenty of well known monsters/ghouls sound normal: Jack Skellington (and most characters from Tim Burton animations), Most characters from Monsters' Inc, many monsters from Sesame street, etc. The list goes on.

Yeah but this is an Egyptian skeleton/mummy that feeds on blood though. It's not like a comedic cartoon monster or something like that.

I think she'll probably have a normal voice. Just cuz she's a skeleton, she doesn't have to sound like a monster. Samson and Leviathan sound pretty normal.

Samson sounds normal? I don't think so. Not with that deep a voice. I still expect Sekhmet to have some kind of rasp like her throat's constantly dry.

The videogame is still cartoony and comedic, as serious as it can get.

what about Alice's costume from zero escape instead of the strap clothes.
(large image)
AliceOfficialArt.PNG

anyway, I'm just so impressed with how much research must've gone into eliza for all her moves. and I'm not really torn up about her blood thing, because with what I've seen so far, she looks really rush-down-y and will probably do things with a sekhment mode, and I like that better than whatever the blood splats would've been up to.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
I am wondering who will co-star her story mode.

Taking out the people who already did that (like Peacock in Big Band's story and Painwheel's in Filia's) and considering the lore, I would bet at Cerebela due to the mob issues or Squigly because of their past lore.

If Eliza walks down the street in that fur coat and a protester tosses a bucket of blood all over her...would she be mad?:PUN:

Also, courtesy of Shamash-phi:
kpviX3v.jpg

1. Default
2. Original? (IIRC, P2 is always original)
3. ??? (speculated to be Hilda from UNIB but several details don't match)
4. ???
5. Blood
6. Midnight Bliss Jedah [Vampire Savior]

Theses are all great palettes!

Reactions: Wenzel

Taking out the people who already did that (like Peacock in Big Band's story and Painwheel's in Filia's) and considering the lore, I would bet at Cerebela due to the mob issues or Squigly because of their past lore.

Theses are all great palettes!

None of them except possibly the Jedah one will be remaining when she's finished so don't get used to those.

I think it's gonna be Squigly and Filia because Leviathan and Samson had known Sekhmet or something like that. The only problem is that Squigly is also a DLC character so it'll be problematic if you have Eliza but not Squigly.

Am I posting this in the correct thread? Because I have an idea for an alternate for Mike Z denied outfit.
That looks great Water, Mike may actually accept it. You should send that in or something.

I think it's gonna be Squigly and Filia because Leviathan and Samson had known Sekhmet or something like that. The only problem is that Squigly is also a DLC character so it'll be problematic if you have Eliza but not Squigly.
Squigly I think still shows up for arcade mode, well vs against I think?

That looks great Water, Mike may actually accept it. You should send that in or something.
I already did.

Reactions: Denizen
None of them except possibly the Jedah one will be remaining when she's finished so don't get used to those.
oh :(

There is also a chance that current NPCs also appear. I am expecting some interaction with at least some mobsters like Otomo and Beatrix.

I like the skimpy outfit.

She is like: "I am hundreds of years old and very hot. I don't give a damn about the morals of a bunch of brats."

I like the skimpy outfit.

She is like: "I am hundreds of years old and very hot. I don't give a damn about the morals of a bunch of brats."

Yeah but I imagine she has taste.
If it's sexy it's gotta be flattering to her, know what I'm sayin?

Reactions: Denizen
I don't give a damn about the morals of a bunch of brats
No one in this game does, really
Why are those palettes going to be deleted? The blood one fits. Maybe with blood Double it can get confusing?