• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Alcohol Thread

World_Peace

Reaction score
Steam
\tg/ World Peace
Ms. Fortune Cerebella
This needs its own thread. What is Skullhearts drinking? Any exciting (perhaps SG themed) recipes you want to share?

Redds Apple Ale is goddamn delicious.

Single malt speysides. Cuz I'm classy as fuck.

I'm past tipsy ATM, not quite smashed, so this is prime time for forum posting/homework.

I would like to direct Skullheart's attention to Amarula, a unique tasting African liquor, flavored with marula fruit (a favorite of elephants, hence the picture on the label). The cream variety is available in the US (not sure about other non-African regions), and taste fantastic. Gold is still Africa only as far as I know and is kind of a rum, but with the distinct marula flavor. I highly recommend giving them a try, even though they are a bit pricey outside of Africa.

Not what I've been drinking tonight, but it deserves mention regardless.

Reactions: Mr. X
I have no alcohol in my house right now. :<

Winter is coming up though, so soon my favourite will be in season: Hot chocolate with rum.

The biggest problem with alcohol for me is that I don't really like the feeling it gives. Not a fan of the flavor of wine or hard liquors, but I do really enjoy a good beer. I don't drink very often but when I do I pretty much always go for dogfish head just because it's brewed in Delaware and nothing cool ever comes from DE. :)

Reactions: Outlaw_Spike
I like to be drunk, but I'll name some exquisite drink to pretend I drink for the flavour.

...wait, is the mic on?

Reactions: TechPowah
I teatotal now, but I crave a good beer from time to time (I like most but I could live without lagers and IPAs).

If I'm going out, I'll usually drink Bourbon and Ginger Ale. If I'm staying in I'll usually drink Bourbon and water (with and without honey).

If I'm doing shots, Jameson.

That said, I don't really like feeling to confused when I have too much, so I drink pretty casually with my wife or not at all. Maybe I'll look more into marijuana...

I like to drink some liqueurs like Irish Cream, Amarula and those stuff when I'm alone.
When I'm with someone else, usually something like mojitos or whisky on the rocks (Logan is my favourite). Vodka with soft drinks or red bull is ok, too.

Not into drinking shots or getting drunk as balls.

I prefer beer to wine and liquors/most mixed drinks, and it tends to be mostly Guinness and Blue Moon.
When celebrating with Asian folks, though, I'll happily down some sake or baijiu, as long as it tastes good.
I especially favor good sake because there's no hangover afterwards.

I didn't drink much til after college. Animation wrap parties were fun, or just going to a mellow bar with friends.
Low body weight was my downfall a few times, and I didn't like it when I went overboard. Still hard to forget those times, but the past six years or so I've enjoyed alcohol once in a while w/o getting drunk. Healthy wine in moderation can be good for you.
Gluten free beer, specialty drink, etc. can be fun as well.

This thread brings back bad memories.

I honestly can't stand most kinds of alcohol. I've tried some before but I can't get past the first sip without feeling sick.

Since my bad experience with alcohol (14 years old, iirc), I've never drank it much. Only enough to get a little dizzy/happier, or just to taste it.

*arranges five red solo cups in pentagram*

*draws a line of foam between each of them*

*circles entire array with ping pong balls*

I summon thee, @Outlaw_Spike

Reactions: drewski
Brand. just some good old Brandy. Also FireBall Whisky, mmmmmhhhh fireball whisky so good.

*arranges five red solo cups in pentagram*

*draws a line of foam between each of them*

*circles entire array with ping pong balls*

I summon thee, @Outlaw_Spike

Yo, I could take over this entire thread and make it the beer thread if you want. Just sayin'.

As it's summer, I've been going through a few of the current seasonals and beers general associated with warmer weather. Those have been:

Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier (possibly the best hefeweizen in the world)
Anderson Valley Summer Solstice (nice and creamy with some citrus that is great for summer nights)
Martens Witte (just a super solid witbier)
Schlafly Summer Lager (solid Helles, got it for a buck a can)
Otter Creek Fresh Slice (this one came out of no where and blew me away. One of my favorite Belgian IPAs, leaning toward witbier, with just the right amount of juiciness and hops and a nice, crisp finish)
Troegs Sunshine Pils (a nice, not too hoppy pils that is just what I want on a hot summer day)

Got to work through all of Sierra Nevada's Beer Camp as well, which is 12 different beers, 12 different brewery collaborations. A great experience and something I highly recommend to anyone into craft beer.

Those are only the regular stuff I've been drinking. If anyone wants to know about some of the crazier stuff, just let me know!

As for SG related beer, maybe I'll pick up this and see how it goes.

And anyone who says they don't like any beer just hasn't had the right beer yet. There's a beer out there for everyone. I firmly believe this.

Also, best thread or bestest thread?

What was that really herb-ish beer at evo?

That was pretty solid.

I love alcohol. Beer wine spirits... Pretty much all of it with the exception that i dont really like white wines or light colored spirits. Everything else is on the menu from Guinness stouts to IPAs and pale ales to watery beers like coors and corona. I'll even mess with margaritas and the like.

Apple margaritas are a guilty pleasure if no one is watching.

Having said that, i dont drink THAT much anymore. I average a bit less than a 6 pack a week. I only really get drunk when socializing... Which is the worst time to get drunk... But also the funnest.

Favorite beer of all time is:

Pyramid apricot ale

Followed kinda far back by pyramid hefeweizen

What was that really herb-ish beer at evo?

That was pretty solid.

That was Deschutes Chainbreaker White IPA. It was very interesting; more herbal and spiced than I expected from a white IPA and next to no hop bite. Didn't hate it, but my expectations might have thrown off my enjoyment of it.

@Dime_x, please try some more beer.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster.
Only drink I care about.

Reactions: Thrasher08
@Outlaw_Spike
What's a good mix drink with hard liquor that doesn't have the rough taste of alcohol but still gets you intoxicated?
(I know you're a beer guy but..)
I hear something about slushies with lots of sugar?

This of course isn't for me, I'm just writing a book, or a song or something.

@Outlaw_Spike
What's a good mix drink with hard liquor that doesn't have the rough taste of alcohol but still gets you intoxicated?

You can make alcoholic ice cream. That's a thing.

Reactions: DaydreamingSorc
A decent Old Fashioned doesn't hit the mouth super hard. Ditto for Long Island Iced Tea.

If you're secure in your masculinity, Cosmopolitans and the fruitier Manhattans aren't heavy in the alcohol taste

@Outlaw_Spike

I don't know much about the mixed stuff. Any of those boozy shakes or floats will probably get you where you want to go, though. Ice cream + milk + tequila + Kahlua for a Mexican Shake or replace the tequila and Kahlua with Irish whiskey and Bailey's for an Irish Shake. Doubt you'd be able to taste any alcohol with all that going on.

You could also try a modified White Russian called a Pink Rabbit: Strawberry milk + vodka + Kahlua.

Other than that, I'll turn things over to the other solo Val who actually knows about the mixed stuff, @Shin ATproof.

Oh sure, ignore me because I favor mixed teams. I see how it is.

I can't drink alcohol. Ever.
Peacock_Sad.png

I don't even know the taste.

I'm too much of a goody goody, I associated alcohol with bad ever since I was little and never grasped the concept of wanting to drink it. Similar to what I think of smoking. I may be 21 now but I'm never going to drink in my life. I'll stick to soda and my chocolate milk mmmm.

Reactions: CaioLugon
Ah, I love a good gin and tonic once in a while
Also this sounds gross but it's really great orange juice and bailey's, if you mix it properly it tastes like an orange creamsickle

edit: I forgot, i like camomile tea with a splash of brandy

Reactions: Killabyte
are we really going to get half of skullheart coming in here going "alcohol is bad" cause i can literally list around 80 recipes that taste delicious that involve alcohol