• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Alcohol Thread

I got you on the cider thing I was just trying to keep it simple or everyone... Also DB are you from the southwest VA region cause I know that's where they brew from

I'm in MD, so not too far away. What's crazy is that Stone's opening a facility in VA, too. Can't wait for that.

I'm in MD, so not too far away. What's crazy is that Stone's opening a facility in VA, too. Can't wait for that.
Dude if only I was still in VA -_-

Nowadays, there's good local beer almost everywhere, which is awesome. Gives a whole new reason to go traveling.

Nowadays, there's good local beer almost everywhere, which is awesome. Gives a whole new reason to go traveling.
Amen to that my man

Guise, guise, guise. Guise. Cider is not beer.

The entire point of using the word "brew" was that it can refer to either.

The entire point of using the word "brew" was that it can refer to either.

Sorry, but not really. If you want to go this way, go to the dictionary.

Fermented juice isn't referred to as "brew," or else you'd be including wine.

Sorry, but not really. If you want to go this way, go to the dictionary.

Fermented juice isn't referred to as "brew," or else you'd be including wine.
If I'd meant to limit the question to beers I would have just said beer. To my knowledge there are no seasonal fall wines, but if there are they would fall within the scope of the question.

There are seasonal wines eg. plum wine is spring, apple wine is fall (yes it exists), white is summer, and red is winter. I dont know the whole history of it but I think thats how it is. Please correct me if I'm wrong -_-

If I'd meant to limit the question to beers I would have just said beer. To my knowledge there are no seasonal fall wines, but if there are they would fall within the scope of the question.

Except not. Brew strictly refers to beer in the context you used it, even if you didn't intend that to be the case. Brew never means wine or cider. This is the customer confusion I was talking about earlier.

As for seasonal wines, there is only really one seasonal wine I know of, and that's Beaujolais nouveau. There could be more, but I'm not too familiar with wine. And yeah, apple wine is a real thing and it just refers to stronger apple cider.

The maker of Stolichnaya is now crying in rage this very moment...

tumblr_ndx85kiqFQ1r2kgzuo1_500.jpg