• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga General Discussion

Never mind lol. What is it?
It's a short list of anime, I'm watching 3 right now while the rest are on standby. I'll post it in a bit, I have a couple things to do first. I think it's a good line up, they all seem to be good shows.

DENIZEN'S ANIME QUEUE

Watching
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (As I promised, you scrubs)
Attack on Titan ep.23-25 (I have to find time for this)
Kill la Kill (Only 5 episodes long?)
Standby
REDLINE
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Michiko & Hatchin
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Angel Beats
Watamote (Unfinished)
Baccano! (Unfinished)

Last edited:
DENIZEN'S ANIME QUEUE

Watching
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (As I promised, you scrubs)
Attack on Titan ep.23-25 (I have to find time for this)
Kill la Kill (Only 5 episodes long?)

Standby

REDLINE
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Michiko & Hatchin
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Angel Beats
Watamote (Unfinished)
Baccano! (Unfinished)

Who said kill la kill was 5 episodes?

Who said kill la kill was 5 episodes?
and then it turns out the reason its so fast paced is because its five episodes long.
He did, maybe he was being sarcastic...

That's like some flcl shit lol
Or Afro Samurai, I fucking loved Afro Samurai.

By the way Toonami is airing FLCL next weekend.

FLCL is great and if you haven't seen it by now what's wrong with you?
What's wrong with me is that I don't like grade school protagonists.

I'm still going to watch it though, it looks good.

What's wrong with me is that I don't like grade school protagonists.

I'm still going to watch it though, it looks good.

Watch in on Toonami.
Have no idea what's going on.
Love every second of your cluelessness.

Reactions: Denizen and Jutsei
I know there are robots, guitars, and baseball.

Am I clueless enough?

Am I clueless enough?

Let me put it this way: if you have any moderate understand of what happened after watching the first episode, I'll be convinced you're a robot.

Am I clueless enough?
watch the series as a whole, then watch it again if you don't get the underlying message. its actually pretty cool once you see it.

I have the DVD of this show and I watch it through every now and again. It's my favorite anime of all time :)

i think he wants to know if the list is bad as in its filled with anime some people call "bad", but im just guessing. Just post it

You should get yourself a MyAnimeList account, Denizen. It's pretty practical for stuff like a watching list, an anime queue.
I sometimes go to MyAnimeList for some quick information about a show but I don't use it for anything else, I don't really need help making a list.
If you want to watch some Slice of Life, i recommend Azumanga Daioh and Daily Lives of Highschool Boys
I've been tired of Slice of Life lately so I'm not going to watch Azumanga Daioh. I won't say anything negative about it because I know that Mike Z is always watching. '>_>
Daily Lives of Highschool Boys is that really funny looking show that everyone calls Nichibros right?
I might consider that one.

I sometimes go to MyAnimeList for some quick information about a show but I don't use it for anything else, I don't really need help making a list.

I've been tired of Slice of Life lately so I'm not going to watch Azumanga Daioh. I won't say anything negative about it because I know that Mike Z is always watching. '>_>
Daily Lives of Highschool Boys is that really funny looking show that everyone calls Nichibros right?
I might consider that one.
I would highly recommend watching azumanga though. it literally set the bar for slice of life series and it did it really well. its very down to earth and you will always say "I knew someone like that when I was in school" or "I had that one friend" it's really good.

Yo, who here has watched Dead Leaves? Or Mind Game? Cuz that is some deranged animation in both movies.
Anyone got good recs for the trippier/more deranged animation (outside of, for example, Satoshi Kon's work)?

I've only really heard of two bad animes that I've been told to avoid.
And those are the Tsukihime and Umineko Anime adaptations
Oh but there is a third and a fourth young lad.
3.Queens Blade.
4.Ga Rei Zero. That show wasted my fucking time.

Terrible User Name Anime List:
Watching:
Nekomonogatari(Monogatari Second Season)
Watamote

Next up:
Kill La Kill

On Standby:
Psycho-Pass
Birdy the Mighty
Tokyo Majin
Cowboy Bebop(I try to only watch it when there is seriously nothing better to do. Have 6 disc collection and I treat it like a good wine, only opening it every so often and pouring the smallest of glasses to preserve the taste as long as possible.)
There are some more i cant remember right now. Too lazy to go look at my queue

Left unfinished because i dont particiularly give a fuck about these anymore:
Gurren Lagann
Future Diaries(Mirai Nikki)
Fairy Tail

Now if you'll excuse me, i shall return to not posting for another month.

Boku no Pico

That's odd, I often hear people hating on Tsukihime, but I personally really loved it. That said, I don't know any of the non-anime material, so maybe its just a case of "don't know what I'm missing".

Yo, who here has watched Dead Leaves? Or Mind Game? Cuz that is some deranged animation in both movies.
Anyone got good recs for the trippier/more deranged animation (outside of, for example, Satoshi Kon's work)?
How about Kick-Heart? It's from the guy who did Mind Game, and it's about wrestling I guess.

Speaking of wrestling anime i just finished the third episode of Sekai De Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai and I have to say,
I like it. Yes it has a unnecessary amount of moaning and suggestiv zooms and the pacing isn't that great either, but I think it does a lot of things better then most other "ecchi" anime who think they get a free pass on horribly stupid storytelling and bad characters just because they don't "need" that.

I really can't think of any other bad animes.
Though I do think the Endless Eight Arc of Haruhi is universally hated
I like endless eight :(
As for hilariously bad anime I think Musashi Gandou wins this one

Reactions: BZ Choy
Tenchi Muyo GXP is cringe-inducing.
And while it's not bad, Prince of Tennis seems...well, bad.
The end of Blue Exorcist was stupid.
Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals is bad(just the first season, though.)
LEGEND OF KORRA
And Oh! Edo Rocket is pretty bad(though personally I liked it.).
Do we still have that "MY PAIN IS GREATER THAN YOURS!" Gif floating around anywhere?

IT GOT TAKEN OFF CUZ IT FINISHED!

never before has a series showed off so much of a main character that was so much of a mary sue! GAWD! GXP sucked the most shit!

I really need to watch some slice of life, any recommendations?
i already saw Azumanga Daioh, Daily lives of high school boys, Nichijou, Seitokai Yakuindomo, etc.

lucky star is pretty good.
i already saw Azumanga Daioh, Daily lives of high school boys, Nichijou, Seitokai Yakuindomo, etc.

Yuru Yuri. 2 seasons of pure comedy gold, right on par with Nichijou.

GXP has been in my Plan to Watch List for a while. I'm not really familiar with the Tenchiverse, 'cause I've only seen Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari (War on Geminar) so far. I guess I need to see it for myself if it's really that bad.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is good, definitely different humour than the other anime you listed though.

I've barely kept up with a few of the shows I thought were interesting. Spoilers for the latest episodes.

Kyoukai no Kanata
Kyoukai no Kanata has really improven, without changing all that much. The way they don't spell out a lot of things isn't a problem now that they've established the universe. I still think Kuriyama is a terrible person, and she's a lot more helpless and annoying than someone like a Shana, a Tokiko or a Rukia, if we're talking similar stories. She was never hesitant to stab the lead guy through the chest before, so why wait when he's being possessed and asking for it? She's always wrong. But I've warmed up to the rest of the show. Akihito is cool, although I loathe his stupid Nine-tailed fox/hollow persona. Did anyone do that kind of thing well except for Attack on Titan? I guess I like how Naruto's become friends with his demon side, but that took years. The brother of the club president is cool. I think the sister complex thing is a little nasty, but I did like the joke with his ringtone quite a lot. I like the cool agent from the magical FBI who commented on the situation, got a stare, and left immediately, embarassed. This show is good with visuals, too. Other than being pretty in general, I especially remember the scene where the brother has beaten an army of the monsters in a field and it's just littered with the jewels the monsters leave behind when they perish, like he's some kind of gemstone version of Uncle Scrooge. There's also a scene in a fake labyrinth the Hollow Shadow monster creates that has a sky full of escalators, and that really gave me a feeling of vertigo. In fact, that entire sequence looks pretty amazing, some real Super Mario Galaxy stuff going on.

The show does establish a new record in CHEATING, however. The main character is making dinner, and then all of a sudden he teleports inside the warped labyrinth of the Hollow Shadow? And the Hollow Shadown conveniently possesses the bodies of spirit warriors, but apparently nobody else, until it does? I get why these things are the case, but it's cheap.
Coppelion
Coppelion's gotten more enjoyable for me. The old man who caused the accident is a nice guy, and I like seeing the totally spies interact with him even if I don't like them very much(They don't seem to have a lot of personality, and I don't like the personality they have shown). The characters cry way more than I do, but it has gotten more moving. The old professor who wants to make amends for the accident and Ibara who wants to make up for her failures in the second episode are pretty touching. Their commanding officer has a nice moment too, when they come to pick the professor up, I had to blink a lot all of a sudden when he extended his hand to the old man.

Some parts seem dumb to me, though. I can't stand the girl who eats a lot. They keep on calling an obvious plane a crow. And Ibara has these speeches that I kind of can't follow. What's this supposed to mean, Ibara-senpaaaaiii? I understand the words that are coming out of your mouth, and I understand the circumstances around them, but I can't believe you're saying them. I'm embarrassed on her behalf.
coppelion0.jpg
coppelion1.jpg

I forgot to mention that Coppelion is also really COOL at times. There was a chase/fight scene in the latest episode where the girls drove through buildings on a jeep, fighting a stealth bomber with a missile launcher. And it looked very, very good.

I also watched new episodes of Samurai Flamenco, which continues to be surprisingly entertaining, and Hunter X Hunter, which continues to be a quite good adaptation of a really good comic. Ikalgo's voice actor does a good job.

I think its just your computer

Crap, this forum is the only place I have this problem.

Last edited:
GXP has been in my Plan to Watch List for a while. I'm not really familiar with the Tenchiverse, 'cause I've only seen Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari (War on Geminar) so far. I guess I need to see it for myself if it's really that bad.
DONT watch GXP if you havent seen early tenchiuniverse stuff. it doesnt even feature the main cast that the series is known for. and it has the biggest mary sue for a main character. that alone just makes me sick.

on a more positive note, I saw the first 2 episodes of Devil Survivor 2 at a con last month, and I have been in love with both the opening and mainly the tag line of the series. "Let's Survive"