• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga General Discussion

My nephew made me watch sword art online on toonami with him. That show is ass cheeks.

Its like a soap opera. All it needs is the Spanish accented sleaze bag, the cousin that gets killed off and keeps coming back, and the crazy ex girlfriend with a vendetta. Maybe its just the episode that was on, but Jesus did I hate every second of it.

Reactions: Crayolan
It's awesome up until the 2nd half, then it kinda fades off. And the weird incest thing(but not really, cause I guess they aren't ACTUALLY related) was a bit of a turn-off. Basically what I'm trying to say is they should've quit while they were ahead, or at least took a break between SAO and the other game, because honestly if that was a separate show that takes place in the same universe I would've liked it more.

Was it mentioned here that JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders is confirmed? 'cus it is. I look forward to what they're gonna do with Terrence D'arby(the gamer if I remember right).

My nephew made me watch sword art online on toonami with him. That show is ass cheeks.

Its like a soap opera. All it needs is the Spanish accented sleaze bag, the cousin that gets killed off and keeps coming back, and the crazy ex girlfriend with a vendetta. Maybe its just the episode that was on, but Jesus did I hate every second of it.

No trust me, it's garbage from beginning to end. I consider it a so-bad-it's-good show, because every time I watch it I can't help but laugh at how terrible it is. The only thing it gets right are a few action scenes, but the tension is always killed immediately after thanks to Kirito being such an asshole/idiot.

No trust me, it's garbage from beginning to end. I consider it a so-bad-it's-good show, because every time I watch it I can't help but laugh at how terrible it is. The only thing it gets right are a few action scenes, but the tension is always killed immediately after thanks to Kirito being such an asshole/idiot.
Also the internet exposed me to the weird part at the very ending where some guy kidnaps/feels up/almost rapes?/tentacle rapes? the main characters girlfriend..........and then licks the tears off her face. Kinda decided at that point that i would avoid that show. I forgave my nephew for making me watch that show, because FLCL was the very next show that was on. I also made him try to say "Haruhara Haruko" five times fast.

Couldnt even do it three times.

I was on a hiking trip for the weekend and I had no wifi, so I decided to catch up on some shows.

On Friday I finally finished the last 3 episodes of Attack on Titan. I'll start reading the Manga now.

On Saturday and Sunday I watched all 12 episodes of Puella Magi Madoka Magica, as I promised.

Last edited:
So I manned up and started Punpun last night.

Marathonning, got no sleep whatsoever, at chapter 113.

God fucking damn I thought Flowers of Evil was bad.

Also, a little ass pull here.

When the hell did Onodera learn the skills he used in chapter 113?

okay okay chapter 116 fuck this

where the fuck did they get a car from

no seriously what the fuck is even going on now

why would he not go to the damn cops right after the incident

seriously this went from plausible as shit domestic violence to a lifetime mini series in 2 chapters

oyasumi-punpun-3773733.jpg

no really wut

Last edited by a moderator:
Merged posts. Quad posting within a short window of time is a bit much.

@iLoli
It had been hinted since forever that Punpun and Aiko were messed up in the head, the only things I don't like are how it's just strapped in the nonsensically over the top misfortunes for pretty much every single character and, yeah, the car thing. As for the 'skills' he used in chapter 113, I think his lack of medical knowledge is going to bite him in the butt harder than usual later. Aiko's been going for frequent toilet breaks and claimed to be on her period, but I'll bet that's actually down to internal bleeding.

Even then, he wrapped "that up" like a pro.

And then his violent as hell behavior all of a sudden.

And Sachi doing out of character crap like well, you know what set it all in motion.

And then JOURNEY 'CROSS JAPAN

640px-Gon_in_the_fifth_ending.jpg

I seriously can't wait anymore.

Reactions: iLoli
Yeah, that shot is in the new Credits right?

Yeah, that shot is in the new Credits right?
yup.

Does anyone know if the Collected volumes of Hunter x Hunter have better artwork than the individual chapters?

That image of Gon looking fierce is now my desktop background.

Reactions: SkyKingJ
Soul Eater is getting a spin-off anime called Soul Eater Not!

The Atsushi Ōkubo manga follows three girls in NOT (Normally Overcome Target) track at the Death Weapon Meister Academy, as opposed to the battle-oriented EAT (Especially Advanced Talent) students of the main series.

Article here

img000004.jpg

Everyone board the hype train.

Everyone board the hype train.
I have no idea where this train is supposed to go.

Is it getting an anime already? Don't think it has manga material yet.

In any case symbolic foodgasms on anime format will be a treat to see.

I have no idea where this train is supposed to go.
I googled it:
Yukihira Souma's dream is to become a full-time chef in his father's restaurant and surpass his father's culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma's fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?
So basically a cooking slice of life?
Not what I was expecting from that flaming poster...

Find out, son.
Typing that name into the search bar was a challenge. OK so it seems like a ______ High School so it already loses points with me, but considering that it's a Cooking High School it all of a sudden becomes interesting.
Sorry Horseman I already looked it up.

I googled it:
Yukihira Souma's dream is to become a full-time chef in his father's restaurant and surpass his father's culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma's fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?
So basically a cooking slice of life?
Not what I was expecting from that flaming poster...
Less Slice of Life more Hard Ass Shounen Battle Manga.

But, y'know, with food and the tasty dishes making people orgasm.

Less Slice of Life more Hard Ass Shounen Battle Manga.

But, y'know, with food and the tasty dishes making people orgasm.
According to the website I got the synopsis from, its genres are Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, School Life, Shounen, Slice Of Life.
Apparently they need to get their priorities straight, because Shounen is way in the back and it never says anything about action.

As in the main draw of the manga are these kids doing battle with their cooking.

It has it's slice of life moments, but it feels more like a shounen battle manga than anything else.

Hell, NGE is considered Shounen.

According to the website I got the synopsis from, its genres are Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, School Life, Shounen, Slice Of Life.
Apparently they need to get their priorities straight, because Shounen is way in the back and it never says anything about action.
That is alphabetical order.

Reactions: BZ Choy and Denizen
"kids doing battle with their cooking"
So...Fighting Foodons?

"kids doing battle with their cooking"
So...Fighting Foodons?
No, it's not pokemon with food.

They serve the food, and the person who gets the judge to squirt the hardest wins.

When Shokugeki-no SOMA get's an anime adaptation I'll check it out, but that might just be my stomach talking.

On an unrelated note, a little over 3 weeks ago I posted that I watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica, but I never elaborated on it past that statement. So I have to ask, does anyone care about what I thought of the show or should I do the smart thing and stay quiet? Yes, the latter does mean that Madoka fans won't like what I have to say.

Your free to voice your own opinion Denizen if it means people will be annoyed, but it's your choice ultimately on whether you want to say it or not.

On an unrelated note, a little over 3 weeks ago I posted that I watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica, but I never elaborated on it past that statement. So I have to ask, does anyone care about what I thought of the show or should I do the smart thing and stay quiet? Yes, the latter does mean that Madoka fans won't like what I have to say.

Feel free to share your opinion if you want.

Regardless if you loved it or you hated it, you will still face your fair share of critics regardless. Just be prepared for someone to challenge your opinion if it isn't similar to their own opinion.

There are some anime I enjoy (School Days ending was worth it lol) that popular consensus deem terrible and some anime I don't enjoy that popular consensus deem spectacular (One Piece sorry can't get past the art style).

The point is don't feel intimidated that your viewing experience wasn't what most others felt.

Reactions: Denizen
and some anime I don't enjoy that popular consensus deem spectacular (One Piece sorry can't get past the art style).
u Hurtin' me m8.

Anyway, you guys have a favorite ost? Recently listened to the Gatchaman ost and liked it.

u Hurtin' me m8.

Anyway, you guys have a favorite ost? Recently listened to the Gatchaman ost and liked it.
Mawaru Penguindrum. Pretty much the best soundtrack out of anything ever.

favorite OST might be for Claymore...Kyouki na Chikara was like the "Shit's gonna go down" signal.
Then again Gurren Lagann's soundtrack is basically the best thing. (ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA!)
JJBA had a good soundtrack, but it wasn't used in the best way.
I don't actually pay as much attention to Anime soundtracks as I do for vidya gaems...

Hey I found a sneak peak for an upcoming Magical Girl anime called Princess Kenny.
I'm not a Magical Girl fan but I'll give this show a chance since it seems like it's deconstructing the genre.
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID THIS, I WAS LAUGHING MY ASS OFF THE ENTIRE TIME.

Reactions: Balder and Jutsei