• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga General Discussion

dude narto is great please everyone watch it so we can talk about it

9b517ee4c0de7a092fe4fffbac555d82.gif

Last edited:
I'm about 40 chapters deep into Shokugeki no Soma atm
some observations

Souma is a pretty decent protagonist. He's knowledgeable on certain things without feeling like he pulls random knowledge out of his ass, really creative and quick on his feet, and has interesting ideas of success and failure.
Tadakoro is precious cinnamon bun, to be protected at all costs
Nudist-senpai is a pretty cool dude. I'm thankful that he's not a pervert too. Nudist-senpai just likes to feel the breeze on his berries.
Hinako is mai sheffu
Meat's lips are pretty amazing, but you know, 16 years old and all that.
I read this series almost exclusively at night and it's the worst decision in the world.
8/10 series so far

Reactions: iLoli
Erina best girl. Would have her taste test my food and insult my cooking skills like the female Gordon Ramsey she is.

Erina best girl. Would have her taste test my food and insult my cooking skills like the female Gordon Ramsey she is.
Erina's kinda one-dimensional atm
I hope she gets better but rn she's mostly just there to tsun it out and be an ass to people

I just like Mito.
mainly for her design.
I like her design.

I really wish this thread would be more active from time to time.

anyway, Shimoneta is still great, definitely my anime of the season, and possible year.
every female character in this show is lovable and I honestly think the MC is pretty funny as a straight man in the comedy.
also, I got voice Actress Anna Kingsley interested in the anime. I do not regret this.... until she gets to the most recent Anna episodes.
mostly because they share the same first name.
and all because of this tweet.

Last edited:
Overlord is fun
i wish that I had skeleton hands to grab anime titties with
then life would be more simple than it is now
and my father might love me again

Overlord is fun
i wish that I had skeleton hands to grab anime titties with
then life would be more simple than it is now
and my father might love me again
but Ruin, don't you know?
you already have skeleton hands.
you just need to free them from the flesh prison.

my anime of the year so far is probably Gangsta. Ehhh uhhh, I dunno this year is kinda crumby
I dunno, Shimoneta is delivering the comedy.
I was floored from the cookies.
she just put it in the dough.

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
I've heard that Shimoneta goes into some creepy, sexual assaulty territory there
so I'm just sticking with my skeleton hands

well, the entire point is that young teens in Shimoneta's world don't know how to express themselves sexually, so it leads to people doing things that many would consider violent of over the top.
the sexual assault stuff is mostly to demonstrate what Shimoneta's world is like.
you get people who think taking photos of someone constantly is a good thing, people who have no idea what the difference between love and lust etc etc.
I mean, the prohibition X law they're fighting involves underrage teens being forced to wear mandatory chastity belts.
though, from what I've the show has done, none of the sexual assault stuff has been shown to really been stated as okay.
I mean, it is an ecchi, so if ecchi stuff isn't your thing, that's alright with me.

Last edited:

I generally don't post here because as a rule I don't watch stuff that's currently airing, and that's where more of the discussion usually is. That and the fact that I've come across very few really good works lately - Dai Mahou Touge is the only one that springs to mind.

anyway, Shimoneta is still great, definitely my anime of the season, and possible year.
every female character in this show is lovable and I honestly think the MC is pretty funny as a straight man in the comedy.
also, I got voice Actress Anna Kingsley interested in the anime. I do not regret this.... until she gets to the most recent Anna episodes.
mostly because they share the same first name.
and all because of this tweet.
I keep skirting this show but don't know if I want to start this ride or just seek out the Light Novel.

I keep skirting this show but don't know if I want to start this ride or just seek out the Light Novel.
from what I've heard, it's a faithful adaptation of the novels. it's been a funny and perverted ride.

All I've heard about it is pervy terrorists, love nectar, and something about a sign on a door leading to shenanigans. I'll give it the 3 episode litmus test this weekend.

oh trust me, episode 3 will make you want more.
also
CMJfmjEVAAAvOd6.jpg

AW YEAH SON! M.O.N. is finally here! we gettin' all the warriors!
especially Tio and Zombina!

you know there's ultimately no practical difference between wanting to fuck a centaur and wanting to fuck a sentient horse
all the relevant machinery is still in place
food for thought

Good thing I've never said I want to fuck her.
I just think the centaur is my favorite.
because I can like girls aside of "who do I want to fuck the most"
especially if they're fictional characters.
but if I did want to be in a sexual relationship with someone in this series, it's Tio... who is an oni.

Last edited:
but if I did want to be in a sexual relationship with someone in this series, it's Tio... who is an oni.

eb0.png

For Tio it's mainly because she's a giant that makes her stand out.

Okayado has stated before that he's tried to make people acknowledge her for her height rather than her huge breasts.

Some people overlook that sometimes.

Oh I know.
like, the first time we see Tio in the manga they show her as this giant in riot gear.
then she takes it off and we see she really is just a sweet girl.
I just think Tio is the best in M.O.N., even though most would say Zombina.
I really hope they don't water down Zombina's introductory scene.
it's so awesome because you think it's really fucked up then you see it's one of the coolest things in the series.

What is a monster musume and why is Suu best girl?

well, secretly, everyone loves monster girls deep down in their heart.

and Suu is too pure.
unless she eats something poisonous.
then she becomes toxic Suu.
which is actually best Suu.

and Tio is best girl.

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
suu has inverted nipples.
I think it's more the fact that the anime is censored for broadcast.
if you remember in the PVs for the series, Suu had a different and a little more detailed chest than what was shown.

DFeph9C.png

So, Anna from shimoneta, right?
ChcEdOs.png
Ok, bear with me here; I know I'm probably delusional but I CAN'T SHAKE THE FEELING THAT SHE REALLY RESEMBLES HOTARU FROM DAGASHI KASHI
DWjCPpe.png
Please tell me I'm not delusional, I would posted a better Anna picture for comparison but I couldn't be arsed.

Also, Anna is pretty shit; Fuwa is the only thing that saves this anime.
I've only watched episode one though, please tell me this gets better because my overall impression is "meh"
It's just the first episode so it's definitely bound to get better. Right?

Last edited:
DFeph9C.png
w.... why you gotta call me out like that? ;-;

and to answer the question, the anime, imo, does get better.
definitely watch a couple more episodes because it goes into how the world of Shimoneta works, the state it's in, and the characters themselves do get some development.

like, you haven't seen ANYTHING out of Anna if you've only seen the first episode. you haven't seen the artist, why Fuwa is so hell bent on knowing how reproduction works, why Kajo wants the main character to join SOX.

if by the time you see the cookies scene, and you still don't like it, feel free to drop it. I know it's not for everybody.

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
I just wanted him to stop whining about his conspiracies to me so I threw him at you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
well, I dunno what I'm gonna do with them.

all I like about Shimoneta is it's setting and characters.

also... Anna Kingsley posted a picture on her instagram with the hashtag #annaslovenectar

forgive me......

So I'm just watching Monster girls, the SDF in another world and Spooky Skeleton Overlord this season.