• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga General Discussion

I guess so... I was mainly trying to make a joke but I guess I came off as spiteful. my bad. :PUN:

but I will celebrate all the gundams but seed. seed can go fuck itself.

I've watched G (still love it) and plan on watching both Zeta and Turn A. but the world must continue to know the shame that is seed.

>seed is hate
>seed is death

also might want to watch classic before Zeta
what with Zeta being a sequel and all

If you want raw plot, check out the compliation movies. They skimp a bit on the characters, though.
Turn A stands incredibly well on its own, but it's also great once you've seen the series that predate it, since it's brimmed with references plus one character rocket punches a gundam right in the dick and it's magnificent

I have seen most of the original and know the gist of the story, but I'll definitely check out the compilation movies (they better have the Bright-slaps in there or so help me god!)

and I've heard turn A is a very underrated series, so I'm definitely gonna give it a watch.

Turn A is super underrated, but let me tell you now
the show is very slow and methodical in its pace, and most of the action is very subdued and controlled. It's not a Super Robot series by most definitions.

Zechs Merquise and Full Frontal can suck it. There is only Char Aznable aka Red Comet.

Zechs isn't bad as his own universe's Char.

Graham Aker, not so much....

Alright guys. On Amazon tons of physical anime collections are price dropped. Im talking 40% of brand new copies, price dropped. I got Samurai Champloo and Stand Alone Complex, the whole series' for $27 a piece. And because it's over $35 in product, I get free shipping too. But I want one more, and Im not sure what.

So what 3rd collection do I want? Im having trouble finding something.

So what 3rd collection do I want? Im having trouble finding something.
if you want a little more comedy, the S.A.V.E. set for my bride is a mermaid is a good buy, and theres also the S.A.V.E. set for Initital D stage one if you havent seen the series yet. and .Hack// Quantum is a good quick OVA series I like. and I've heard Bamboo Blade is also good.

I recently got into the Yugi-mans(playing, not watching) and it's pretty fun. Anybody else here play since I doubt there's a Card Games on motorcycles thread?
I read Yugi-mans. I got back into it after like 10 years. The game has changed a fuckton, but I agree it's still fun. The anime is still as lampoon-able as the original, though.

I just watched REDLINE with my sister, probably one of the best anime films I've ever watched.
I'm trying to decide on what to watch next with her. Any recommendations on an anime movie that's perfect for someone who hates anime? If you need a frame of reference, she loved REDLINE and Baccano!
Yes it is totally necessary that I color that red.

Why didn't you color Baccano! red too? You hatin' on Jacuzzi Splotch?
Try Durarara!! it has a similar feel to Baccano!(and similar nonsense title) and doesn't get too animu.
Show her JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Mamoru Hosoda movies are always good.

And theres always FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

I recommend Eden of the East. That is all.

Reactions: SanoBaron
I said movies so please keep it restricted to movies. I looked at what's been said so far and none of it will do.
I need an anime movie that anyone would enjoy, not just frequent anime watchers. The most important things to consider with my sister are mood and aesthetic. It has to be 70% serious, 30% laid back, and it has to be as far away from the average anime aesthetic as possible.
I cannot stress that last point enough, if REDLINE was exactly the same but it looked like Azumanga Daioh my sister would straight up hate it. Hell, I would too.

ALSO NO FANSERVICE. Fanservice is just fuckin' unnecessary.

She would hate Gundam.

Her favorite movies are Braveheart and Gladiator and our favorite shows include Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead. Come on guys it can't be that difficult to think of a fitting anime movie for this person.

Yeah that sounds like fun, an afternoon of watching gore and rape scenes with my sister. You know what, I've lost faith in the word of other people, when it comes to anime I'm just going to trust my own judgement from now on.

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, that's what I've decided on.

Yeah that sounds like fun, an afternoon of watching gore and rape scenes with my sister. You know what, I've lost faith in the word of other people, when it comes to anime I'm just going to trust my own judgement from now on.
theres like, only one scene at the end.

gore, yes. lots of it. but considering she likes game of thrones, I'm sure she wouldn't be bothered by it. plus, berserk has its amazing manly moments and is a great fantasy series in general.

One scene too many Sano, I hate Berserk and so would she.
I've already made my decision so no more recommendations please. Ever.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been super angry for the past couple of weeks.

well you know
stop
nothing to gain from lashing out at people over the internet other than making yourself look like an asshole
trust i know
I'm an asshole

Whatever dude.

Actually how about this, I'm giving you all another chance. Give me an anime that can cheer me up despite the metric shit ton of problems I'm dealing with right now.

Whatever dude.

Actually how about this, I'm giving you all another chance. Give me an anime that can cheer me up despite the metric shit ton of problems I'm dealing with right now.

How about a Miyazaki movie?

Reactions: Denizen
How about a Miyazaki movie?
Wow that was quick, that might just do it for me. I remember watching spirited away when I was younger and I thought it was one of the most whimsical and beautiful things I've ever seen. I've never watched Miyazaki since then and I barely remember that movie.

Ktulu wins, giver her a star. What movie by Miyazaki do you recommend?

Reactions: Ktulu
Well, what genres would the both of you watch together?

Spirited Away's always a classic.

The Miyazaki movie is just for me.

What movie by Miyazaki do you recommend?
All of them.
But in particular, cheerful ones off the top of my head are... Kiki's delivery service, My Neighbour Totoro and Ponyo are pretty happy in particular. If you want something a bit more actiony, Princess Mononoke is fantastic, so is Castle in the Sky and Nausicaa is pretty good if you're willing to put up with his early stuff (wouldn't recommend it as a start though, and the dub is terrible.) Spirited Away is one of my favorite movies of all time, but while it's not particularly depressing it's not exactly upbeat either especially if you read into it.

Last edited:
*cough cough Paprika cough hack hack*
no but seriously, Paprika.

Whatever dude.

a Mamoru Hosoda movie.

maybe Summer Wars.

Dude you have no idea, I am THE Nichijou fanatic here.

Well maybe that sounded a little egotistical, but you get my point. I've watched it a long time ago, it's my favorite Comedy Anime of all time. Then again I don't watch Comedy Anime.

I've only seen a few clips of Nichijou. I liked Azumanga Daioh, so should I watch the entirety of Nichijou?

you should definitely check out Binbogami Ga! AKA Good Luck Girl if you want comedy. the series has a lot of surprisingly touching moments too. I was surprised.

I've only seen a few clips of Nichijou. I liked Azumanga Daioh, so should I watch the entirety of Nichijou?
yes.