• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Aug 28, 2015] Summer Jam 9 - $1,000 in Pot Bonuses & SG Pre-Reg (Essington, PA)

Akhia boyz?
@Crypt Kiddie are you gonna chill with us this time and be just as hungover the next day?

where da summer jam orgy at?

Baha just slide in the dm's fam you know i'm good for it.

Summer "Jam" is right

Reactions: ElkyDori
ATTENTION: DUE TO MIXUP WITH THE VENUE, BIG E HAS CHANGED THE DATE TO AUGUST 28 THROUGH AUGUST 30.

Reactions: Chip Blaster
You crazy kids already know I'm gonna be there & I'm looking forward to hosting the next wondeful show y'all put on! #HitBoxJammers4Life

For the sake of kicking a dead horse, just wanted to throw this out there:

Kick-Punch-Block will be adding a $500 bonus to the pot for Skullgirls. You read that right, $500 pot bonus. I repeat: KPB is putting up $500 for Skullgirls. Call me crazy, but this might be a good time to "rally the troops" in terms of attendance. The more SG players we can get, the better the show we can put onstream. The better the show we put onstream, the more attention we can pull to the game. The more attention we pull to the game, well... everybody wins in that scenario.

ONE MORE ONCE: KPB... Summer Jam... $500 pot bonus... let's make this happen.

what are these events usually like? I'm fairly (really ><) new to SG and finally starting to practice regularly. Is it worth it to make the 8 hr drive?

Reactions: dapurplesharpie
Honestly? It may be best for you to come out and get a spectator's pass (20 dollars at the door iirc). You can pick up some tech through watching and still play casuals with others. As for the 8 hour drive part... That's honestly up to you.

Reactions: Andrawrimus
Sounds like it could be fun, I wouldn't mind the drive (I drive 8 hr work trips sometimes). Might be good to meet some of the community and get some casual matches in! Thanks!

The SG community itself is worth showing up for. We have people who stopped competing, but still show up for the party. It's also the best way to learn from top flight players and find offline sets with other up and coming talent.

Reactions: Fosh
Here's the thing: the two EVOs I went to weren't as good as they could've been. This was mainly because I was so ashamed of being terrible at Skullgirls that I couldn't bring myself to hang out with the Skullgirls community. Do not, I repeat, do not let this happen to you. Being with the community is 90% of the fun of going to tournaments like these.

That's why I found my experience at Frosty Faustings orders of magnitude more fun than my experiences at EVO. Because I said, "Fuck it if I'm bad. I'm hanging out with these guys anyway".

7 hour drive away, late Aug ... I'll have to see more to say. I'd definitely like to head out to something else after CB. That depends on work/other obligations though. I got time, we'll see what's up.

Reactions: ElkyDori
come play with us

the-shining-us-cut-1980-bluray-1080p-dts-hdma-5-1-x264-dxva-framestor-mkv_snapshot_00-49-42_2012-02-11_00-45-15.jpg

Reactions: DimitriAwsometh
Here's the thing: the two EVOs I went to weren't as good as they could've been. This was mainly because I was so ashamed of being terrible at Skullgirls that I couldn't bring myself to hang out with the Skullgirls community. Do not, I repeat, do not let this happen to you. Being with the community is 90% of the fun of going to tournaments like these.

That's why I found my experience at Frosty Faustings orders of magnitude more fun than my experiences at EVO. Because I said, "Fuck it if I'm bad. I'm hanging out with these guys anyway".

WH41FrU.png

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, It's not about whether you win or lose: It's how drunk you get."

Oddly enough, Summer Jam is on my birthday.
But yeah, never gonna get to it.
Think of me when you're there, folks.

Don't be self-conscious about your ability! It's about hanging out with the people and having an awesome time, not about winning. And if you're gonna bother driving that far, you may as well enter. Having that extra entry will help boost numbers and in turn helps the community look strong - because it is! Hell, you drove that far for it! It must be!

I'm fairly sure everyone here knows that online pre-reg is up now, right?

Yeah.
Sadly I already pre-regged.
Trying to see if I can swap my USFIV registration for Skullgirls because I'd just go 0-2 in USFIV again lmao

Reactions: Slap and Cadenza
Don't be self-conscious about your ability! It's about hanging out with the people and having an awesome time, not about winning.

THIS.
Seriously, if you just start coming out and enjoying yourself, the rest will follow. Trust me. I'm a professional.

EDIT: alsoidunnoificangobecauseWESTCOAST...

Reactions: Andrawrimus
Pre-reg'd. I'm in.

I would love to, but it depends on who else is going in KC and if I'm lucky enough in hell with all the stuff I gotta do and pursue and fix, plus college, heh. I'd have to figure out money before figuring out a room and who with and a flight first. I'll jot down a maybe for you, east coast. We'll see.

Last edited:
My classes don't start until the 31st so I'm in there. :)
Once I figure out my transportation methods that is.

geno was talking about not staying at the hotel where the venue is, do people usually not stay there for some reason? also is there gonna be some sort of room sharing thread and also what is the discounted room rate at the venue hotel, it didn't show any discount when I tried to check it