• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Aug 28, 2015] Summer Jam 9 - $1,000 in Pot Bonuses & SG Pre-Reg (Essington, PA)

geno was talking about not staying at the hotel where the venue is, do people usually not stay there for some reason? also is there gonna be some sort of room sharing thread and also what is the discounted room rate at the venue hotel, it didn't show any discount when I tried to check it
The hotel across the street is cheaper even after factoring in the discount, and comes with better amenities such as hot water and no insects.

and free continental breakfast

Only downside is that the Comfort Inn sucks for salty suite. We got noise complaints with only a few people in the room at Winter Brawl.

Reactions: Chip Blaster
Posted in the room share thread already, but dropping here too. I did take the time off, so I'll be there with you all at Summer Jam as well. Maybe slightly less outside-looking-in this time for me.

I have a couple of homies I always roll with at these events and they like this game so I'm getting them to enter to boost our numbers.

*Mr. Burns' voice* Excellent...

Reactions: Andrawrimus
Okay, ladies & gentlemen (?), I am fresh from the Battle X invitational in Philly with a little bit of news regarding Summer Jam...

As you know, KPB is usually relegated to one of the side streams. There's honestly nothing wrong with this because exposure is exposure. However, as I'm sure you also know, side streams don't always get a lot of "press". All this being said, Big E himself gave me a little bit of news regarding the goings on this August.

That news, well... brace yourselves. Kick-Punch-Block is getting the second stage at Summer Jam 9! An actual stage for the setup(s) and players, 200-inch projection screen (seriously, this thing is beast) and prime seating. I usually wouldn't consider this big news, but since our working relationship has been prospering pretty damn well so far this year, I thought all you wonderful people would love to know that we're getting some primetime treatment now.

While I would love for us to get the +64 pot bonus thrown in just to prove how strongly we're showing out in 2015, getting this update makes me realize that SGNation is taking the FGC by storm. Now, just a precautionary notice, KPB's workload for the event is going to increase considerably because of this latest development, but I want to reassure all of you that our dedication will not waver.

We're in this for the long haul, folks... I hope you enjoy the ride.

That news, well... brace yourselves. Kick-Punch-Block is getting the second stage at Summer Jam 9! An actual stage for the setup(s) and players, 200-inch projection screen (seriously, this thing is beast) and prime seating. I usually wouldn't consider this big news, but since our working relationship has been prospering pretty damn well so far this year, I thought all you wonderful people would love to know that we're getting some primetime treatment now.
This is incredible news. Congratulations!

If there's anything I learned from Skullgirls, its that even video games can be used for gambling

Evo's too much I may be able to go to this, brb selling my fridge.

If it happens, I'll look forward to seeing you in Philly

Can someone tell me if there are two airports in this city. I learned my lesson at Combobreaker where I flew in to the airport on the otherside of town instead of the one right next to the hotel CB was at. I'd rather not go through that again.

Can someone tell me if there are two airports in this city. I learned my lesson at Combobreaker where I flew in to the airport on the otherside of town instead of the one right next to the hotel CB was at. I'd rather not go through that again.
There is only one airport in Philly.

Is on site reg available for SG at SJ? Or do we NEED 64 people through pre regging?

Is on site reg available for SG at SJ? Or do we NEED 64 people through pre regging?
I think it's just bracket size.

It BETTER be guaranteed because I pre-regged week one and if I can't reg for Skullgirls at the door I'm going to be pissed.

Why would it be pre-reg only? Big E tournaments always allow on site registration.

tbh I personally prefer pre-reg only because it allows the TOs to make the brackets a week ahead of time and make sure no one is in two games at the same time; Combo Breaker does this, so do a lot of other tournaments. However in this particular case maybe it's good that Big E doesn't do that since Skullgirls was added to pre-reg late.

Reactions: ElkyDori
Just to clear a few things up, I took all these questions to BigE himself and here's what I got back: The "64 or better" pot bonus refers to total bracket size, not just pre-reg numbers. Furthermore, there will be onsite registration (but, as our esteemed lupine colleague has pointed out, pre-reg makes the TOs of the world happy pandas). With the expection of some varying personal issues rearing their ugly heads, I don't see any reason why we can't pull this off. So bring the family -- removed, extended or otherwise -- out to Philly this summer for a weekend of festivities. Play your cards right & you might even win some money!

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
peanuts was inspired to become "our esteemed legume colleague"

Only entering Skullgirls, will need more time with under night in birth. Gonna be training hard for summer jam.

Goal is top 16.

Reactions: IAmAphroDynamek
I wish I could draw, so I could draw dramatic manga of Duckator and Winnie teaming in Splatoon.

I need to grind myself some splatoon. Will join future tourneys