• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Baby Got Boots: Parasoul Combo Thread

Yeah...

Cr.lk, cr.mk, st.hp x2 xx lp shot,st.lp,st.mp,b+hk xx hk egret mash dash is a full screen corner carry. Parasoul can corner carry any time she wants to pretty much.

I was unaware. I've only switched over to parasoul as a main more recently, still much to learn clearly.

Having issues with the execution of this combo..

The main thing is after the air chain..cr mk- (start charging the egret cancel) st HP x2 - forward LK is giving me a tear shot instead of the cancel a lot of times. I was thinking cause i was being mashy and pressing HP too many times, but I've been makin a conscious effort to only hit it twice..but still...so it must be a timing thing on my end OR if that doesn't happen, after the air chain, my cr. Mk doesn't register meaning I'm pressing it too early right?..I've actually gotten thru the whole combo at a success of about 1/25 but I'm just looking for a little consistency here...my execution obviously can be cleaned up..

sorry for the late reply I have not been on theses forums in a while. If you messaged on the video itself I would have gladly replied. The thing with the c.mk is you have to press it a lot fast than you would think. So you press down c.mk and during the crouch animation I hold back and press standing heavy punch twice. then you release back. I have not played in a few months so I jumped in training mode and it came out. With practice you can get it pretty consistent. Trust me I know because I could never land it at all. Any quesions anything post on the video I will help.

Not sure if this works with any other assists or if your conversion would be different. Though you have multiple options as far as that goes. See here.

Reactions: Icky
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but I think it's combo related, so...

We all know the launch -> j.lp -> j.lk -> j.mp -> dash crossunder or don't reset. My question is, how do you combo if you choose to not crossunder? I've been learning to use chain -> s.HPx2 -> lp tear -> s.lp combo starters for the last couple of days (in addition to a ton of other Para stuff I've been trying to pick up), but whenever I try any variant of that from a "not crossunder", I always find myself too far out of range to pick up into anything.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but I think it's combo related, so...

We all know the launch -> j.lp -> j.lk -> j.mp -> dash crossunder or don't reset. My question is, how do you combo if you choose to not crossunder? I've been learning to use chain -> s.HPx2 -> lp tear -> s.lp combo starters for the last couple of days (in addition to a ton of other Para stuff I've been trying to pick up), but whenever I try any variant of that from a "not crossunder", I always find myself too far out of range to pick up into anything.

launch jLK jMP jLP jLK jMP jMK jHK
make up space on the ground between you and the opponent by using the sLK sMK strings before sHPx2, sLP sMP tends to push them away, cLK cMK has good range too

If you do, for example, cLK cMK sHPx2 LShot and they're too far away for anything but sLP sMP (bursts tear) and then everything else whiffs or feels awkward, egret cancel on the sMP tear burst and do dash sLK sMK sHPx2 etc to make up space

EDIT: also, of course, if you're willing to spend a meter, sniper will give you plenty of time to make up space

Last edited:
So, uh, another question:

I've seen people doing normals bigger than lp after j.mp -> j.hp -> j.hk, but I can't do it consistently. Sometimes I'm on the ground for ages before my opponent recovers, and sometimes I barely have enough time to do an s.lp. What do you have to do to make this work?

You might be hitting the j.hk too high up. You want the last hit of the j.hk to be right above the ground. As long as you do, either medium attack should be hittable.

Reactions: gllt
How do I control the height of the j.hk? Trying to delay it at all after the j.hp ends with it whiffing.

you might also be starting the j.mp-j.hp-j.hk chain too early. If you start it as late as possible, you'll hit the ground just after the j.hk finishes.

Put Attack Data to Advanced and check your frame advantage after j.MP j.HP j.HK
The worst I can get is +16, if you delay the j.MP it should be +19 up till +22 depending.
Even +16 should be doable even when comboing c.MK after this (slowest feasible normal).

It gets harder if you combo from OTG or whatever.

In general I don't like the string, it deals decent damage at the end of a combo but needs OTG on heavies and doesn't have proper resets. Where are you doing this and why?

Dekillsage advised me some months ago to start using HPx2 -> LP tear starters, and I've been working on learning:

stuff -> s.HPx2 -> lp tear
s.mp -> b.hk -> egret call
dash -> c.mk -> c.hp -> jump
j.mp -> j.hp -> j.hk
s.lpx2 -> s.mp -> s.hpx2 -> mp tear -> sniper -> c.mp burstbait

In corner, though, I go with s.lp -> s.mp for the link after the lp tear (might as well use the easier link, since distance won't be an issue), and use s.lkx2 -> s.mkx2 after the air chain. That tear s.mp link is a bitch for me anyways (2 frame link for a person who sucks at links is frowntown), but going s.lp at midscreen tends to push them too far away, and the s.lp -> s.mp -> call -> dash -> s.lk thing is even harder than the link for less damage.

My current main starter is:
c.LK s.MP s.HPx2 xx L.Tear
s.LP s.MP xx L.Egret
Dash c.MK/c.HP, things

It has one step less range than the s.MP link, is much easier at every other distance, and btw much much much more range than s.MP 4HK.
Dunno what you're referring to with "tends to push them too far away"? Unless you mean "pushes too far away for 4HK to connect", but that thing has shit range even with the s.MP link

Dekillsage advised me some months ago to start using HPx2 -> LP tear starters, and I've been working on learning:

stuff -> s.HPx2 -> lp tear
s.mp -> b.hk -> egret call
dash -> c.mk -> c.hp -> jump
j.mp -> j.hp -> j.hk
s.lpx2 -> s.mp -> s.hpx2 -> mp tear -> sniper -> c.mp burstbait

In corner, though, I go with s.lp -> s.mp for the link after the lp tear (might as well use the easier link, since distance won't be an issue), and use s.lkx2 -> s.mkx2 after the air chain. That tear s.mp link is a bitch for me anyways (2 frame link for a person who sucks at links is frowntown), but going s.lp at midscreen tends to push them too far away, and the s.lp -> s.mp -> call -> dash -> s.lk thing is even harder than the link for less damage.

you can also do:
clk cmk shp shp xx Lshot
s.lp s.mp XX Legret
dash, c.hp
j.mp j.hp j.hk
s.mk s.mk s.hp s.hp xx Lshot
s.lk s.mk s.mk s.hp s.hp xx Mshot xx sniper

or you can do air tear toss combos after launching.

s.lp s.mp XX Legret
dash, c.hp
How on earth are you making this work? I tried this a bunch of times when coming up with my current combo, and was never able to get the c.hp to hit.

You make it work by.. being fast~. Just do c.MK c.HP instead, it's a 3f easier link.
Any reason to use c.mk over s.mk, aside from the absolutely tiny damage difference (which, in practice, was indistinguishable from the noise of "how many hits of j.hk do I get)?

I can barely even get c.mk to work, but s.mk I can get most of the time.

It's a low, which means if you screw up your combo and they defaultblock high/upback, they get hit.
It also establishes that you're going low there, meaning they will downback, which in turn makes high/throw resets more reliable.
It also leaves you closer to the opponent compared to s.MKx2, allowing you to do certain air combos after the launch which don't work if the opponent got pushed too far away.

Overall it's not a big deal. Your combo should be something you feel comfortable doing, and it should accomplish whatever you want to accomplish.

If you don't like the c.MK link, don't do it. If you like my points ^there but hate the c.MK link, do dash c.LK instead. etc

Yea, but, if you use lk or mk to link it instead of c.hp though, you only get 1 chain after the restand.
But you could still do an air toss combo or something.

ie:

c.lk c.mk s.hp s.hp xx Lshot
s.lp s.mp xx Legret
dash, s.mk c.hp
j.mp xx Htoss j.lk j.mp
dash-jump j.lp j.hp
dash-jump j.mk j.hk (restand)
s.lk s.mk s.mk s.hp s.hp xx Mshot xx sniper

Err yeah my bad that one requires the c.hp link too. Or you could just shorten the air combo section.

Reactions: gllt
How on earth are you making this work? I tried this a bunch of times when coming up with my current combo, and was never able to get the c.hp to hit.

Its possible midscreen, but the way to make it "easy" is to do it in the corner... Hell you dont even need to dash.

Hi!

Midscreen to Corner, lights only, 6870 damage, one meter, burst bait ending:
Midscreen, lights only, 6750 damage, one meter, very stylish bike link, probably @gllt approved:
Performed on keyboard.

Hi im new to the forums and wanted to learn parasoul and was wondering what are some beginning bnbs to learn with her

Hi im new to the forums and wanted to learn parasoul and was wondering what are some beginning bnbs to learn with her

My bnbs are pretty beginnerish:

Cr.lk,cr.mk,st.hpx2 xx lp tearshot,st.lp,st.mp,back plus hard kick xx lp tear shot and go into dash overhead/throw/low mixups or just end in a super if you want. Also that combo has a much harder followup that does more damage.

Another easy combo this one is a full undizzy combo but does more than the first combo:

Cr.lk,cr.mk,st.hpx2 xx lp tear, st.lp,st.mp xx lk egret, dash, st.mk,cr.hk,j.mp,j.hp,j.hk (land)st.lk x2, st.mk,st.hpx2xx mp tear xx sniper shot xx dhc into something. (I like to dhc to catheads here just to pump up the damage then i st.hp to finish the combo and cancel my st.hp into parasoul tag to bring her back in or cancel the st.hp into gun to burst bait... Etc etc.

That will get you started. Ive been using parasoul for about 6 months and only recently did i feel the need to start using the second combo over the first.

Yeah because the charging thing looks like its gonna be a hassle

Yeah because the charging thing looks like its gonna be a hassle
I wouldnt suggest parasoul even at a beginner level without charge. You really need it.

Best bet is to just get used to holding back or down-back any time you're attacking. If you want to quickly learn timing on charges, try this: start with your stick (pad/hitbox/whatever) at neutral and do a basic s.lp, s.mp, s.hp x2 chain. When you start doing the heavy punches, start charging back. You should be able to charge a napalm shot that will combo off of the s.hp x2.

Once you've got that down, time to level up a bit. Do a basic launch into restand combo.
c.lk, c.mk, c.hp
j.mp, j.hp, j.hk
s.lp, s.mp, s.hp x2 xx napalm shot

Congratulations, now you're charging during a combo. Ready to level up again?
s.lp, s.mp, s.hp x2 xx lp Napalm Shot (it's important you do the light punch version)
s.lp, s.mp, s.hp x2 xx lp Napalm Shot
s.lk x2, s.mk x2, s.hp x2

Now you're working on the light attack links after light Napalm Shots. Don't worry, it's not the hardest link in the game, but it's pretty necessary for higher level combos.

The final charge thing to learn in combos is that during a s.hp x2 you have enough time to charge one of her down/up charge moves (trigger, quake, pillar). Start practicing doing s.lp, s.mp, s.hp x2 xx Pillar.

Once you've got all that, you've got most of the stuff to go nuts with Parasoul's combos

Wow thank you maybe this wont be so hard after all :)

Basically to get me started on how to actually combo with her my current team is parasoul squigly and double as anchor

Thank u im gonna practice as soon as i get home

I'm pretty sure this has been said before in this exact thread but: We Filia now? Starting a combo with j.HP against a standing opponent seems fairly unlikely for Parasoul.

Reactions: NotSmokey and iLoli
It causes the combo to be super incomparable with other combos.

I do a c.LK starter combo that deals 6500 damage, you do a j.HP starter combo that deals 7500.
Which of our two combos is higher damage?

It's super bad.

You may of course start this combo with s.LP or c.LK. With s.LP it will deal 6716 damage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flurp Sensei
In that case, why not just use one of the light only combos that Skarmand posted earlier that do more damage? I mean, the b.hk crossunder stuff is cute, but it's not bike link cute.