• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

The one thing I could never to in this game was dashing mid combos, especially Mu-12 and Hazama's combos. Anyone have advice for that? I've always played Tsubaki because she didn't require dash canceling.

I have problems with dash canceling myself. The timing is tricky because the entirety of the dash animation seems to eat inputs.

microdashes are one of my least favourite things in fighters as well, particularly in airdashers.

Watch combo videos to get a visual timing for the dash. It's easier to adjust when you know when the dash is supposed to start and stop.

I can do combos fine, I just suck at palying against actual people. Kokonoe is hard to use T^T

We should get everyone on here to play some player matches together. Then we can all git gud.

We should get everyone on here to play some player matches together. Then we can all git gud.
Any Europeans in this thread? I don't mind playing Americans in SG, but I have trouble putting up with 0 Bar connections in ArcSys games.

Any Europeans in this thread? I don't mind playing Americans in SG, but I have trouble putting up with 0 Bar connections in ArcSys games.

I am might be getting chrono phantasm in a few days, so we could play then if that is fine. Also nice talking to you again Vlad, how have you been?

I'm in once I can get my PS3 to properly connect to the internet. I want to complete Story mode first too; I just got the system back from repair.

I'm up for it. Just send me a PM if you want to have a match or two with me.

I like playing Noel but is there a way to turn her voice off

Reactions: Ktulu
I finally have Chronophantasm, I think I will practice at it a bit before taking to matches given all the changes and what not.

I borrowed a PS3 and I have BBCP now. Going to practice Platinum. If Anyone wants to play, hit me up or I can add.

just played 6 games in Ranked without any training mode..I got mauled lol.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/06/20/arc...blue-chronophantasmas-prize-pool-at-evo-2014/

wow, that prize $$$

Today, Arc System Works and Aksys Games have announced the variety of ways in which they will support the event, including a massive bonus to BlazBlue: Chronophantasma’s pot, appearances by notable figures in the BlazBlue world, and opportunities to try out some of the company’s latest games.

First off, the money! Arc System Works is set to contribute $20,000 to the Chronophantasma prize pool, a figure boosted by another $5,000 courtesy of Aksys Games. Furthermore, the winner of the tournament will automatically qualify for ARC REVOLUTION CUP 2014 in August, with a fellow competitor of their choosing and an extra $5,000 from Aksys in tow. ARC REVOLUTION CUP regularly features some of the best Japanese competition in ArcSys’ various fighters, and this surprise qualifier will go a long way in adding an extra global flair to the proceedings.

Furthermore, the two companies will be hosting a joint booth at the event, where BlazBlue series producer Toshimichi Mori and voice actress Kana Ueda are scheduled to be on hand to talk to fans and provide autographs. Attendees will also be able to get their hands on playable demos of Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!, BlazBlue Battle Cards, and Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, so be sure to stop by and try them out for yourself.

Do your best to be in Las Vegas the weekend of July 11 to experience it all first-hand!

so, who thinks a Dio Palette for Ragna would be funny?

so, who thinks a Dio Palette for Ragna would be funny?
4282_artist.jpg

:PUN:

We should get this thread renamed to "Blazblue: MikeZ's favorite game."

I give it one day before MikeZ deletes this thread.

MikeZ proclaiming the love at 7:10 lol.

this was the game that birthed most of the Mike Z jokes anyway

we wouldn't have most of the jokes in skullgirls if not for this game

I'm pretty sure that video was years ago, and his tastes have definitely changed since then. I distinctly remember reading that he only likes BBCT and once apologized for inspiring someone to play Tager.

Blazblue birthed the MikeZ we know and love.

@shoryusatsu999 skip to 7:10

You could just ask him

i'm pretty sure Mike Z is mature enough to take a joke too

Hey @Mike_Z , serious question. In your opinion, what did Blazblue get wrong that Guilty Gear got right? What do you think kept Blazblue from being the successor that many people expected? I've always wanted to hear your reasoning.

this thread went from 0 to 120 in like 3 seconds

gg and bb are pretty different games, you'll probably have an easier time asking someone on dustloop than having mike go through all the differences.

Personally to me, I think Guilty Gear's story is just batfuck insane at times.
It's extremely hard to follow sometimes.
Like, time paradoxes? Dizzy growing up in three years?
SIN?
There's just so many questions you can ask and raise, while in Blazblue it's kinda like "Alright, ok.", it's confusing, but not "holy shit what the fuck is going on" sometimes.

At least to me.

the main thing I know for why people like GG over BB is that there's less things going on on-screen.

I like both games, BB with it's weird retrofuture-like style and GG with it's metal hardcore feel. and Jam. gotta mention her at least once

Personally to me, I think Guilty Gear's story is just batfuck insane at times.
It's extremely hard to follow sometimes.
Like, time paradoxes? Dizzy growing up in three years?
SIN?
There's just so many questions you can ask and raise, while in Blazblue it's kinda like "Alright, ok.", it's confusing, but not "holy shit what the fuck is going on" sometimes.

At least to me.
They're both pretty batshit.

Like Noel being a fucking clone robot who is the big bad who may or may not be mind controlled who is the little sister of the hero who is a half vampire sociopath who has a brother who in one timeline is a force of goddamn nature thanks to a loli vampire with connections to a group of heros including a physical god, a magical girl, a witch and wizard, a fucking catman and a werewolf.

That was a mini paragragh and doesn't even cover 1/10th of that terrible plot.

Bending time and space, parallels, existentialism, paradoxes and outright stupidity.

How about Ragna's past self being the teacher of Ragna's current self's teacher?

And I'm speaking more from a mechanical standpoint.

If you're asking Mike, you're not going to get "I like GG because metal and hate bb because anime".

You're going to get an explanation on how both games handle negative penalty, smp, unblockables, meter, etc. etc.

Ok fair enough, it's probably technical stuff, but whatever.

I'm just reverting the thread back to normal because frankly I don't really want to bother Mike Z about something like this.

If anything GG actually makes more sense.

Everything is logically connected, at least in their own world's logic.

There is the holy order and they do shit, political powers and they do shit, people outside of the political powers(assassin's guild and the jellyfish pirates) who do shit, and That Man.

Ok, that's fine. I still never really got into GG's plot I guess.
Don't know why, guess I just have a predisposition to how anime Blazblue is.
So I respect your opinion.

and all of it is garbage compared to Chipp Zanuff and his noble quest to become a democratically elected president

God bless that amazing weeaboo and his patriotic spirit o7

No that doesn't really make sense to me either.
That's kind of one of the things that sorta fell into "What the fuck is happening" I was talking about.
BUT HEY WOW THIS IS SPIRALING OUT OF CONTROL PRETTY QUICKLY HUH

I can't and won't talk for Mike, but the reasons I prefer GG over BB.

Meter: In GG, you gain meter by advancing forward, and use meter to barrier block,rc, frc, da, etc.
In BB, you just have an old fashioned special meter.

Negative Penalty:In GG, negative penalty drops your meter, forcing you to regain meter by advancing, in bb, you just take more damage, who really cares if you're never touched in the first place, seems weirdly arbitrary for a punishment.

Combos:Jesus christ I hate the combo structure for pretty much every character in BB, it's the most rigid goddamn thing in the world, shit just doesn't work because a character's crouching (for example, Noel can do B>B>offensive crouching C on a crouching character and that shit will just not work on a standing character). In GG, for the most part everything's pretty universal. Super optimized shit is char. specific, but by and large you can get away without that, depending on the character.

Guard:Guard Primers are stupid, they're really stupid, punishing you for continuous blocking is a bad idea. In GG, instead of someone being outwardly punished, someone is given outwardly incentive. The longer you make your opponent in GG, the more damage you do to them when/if you open them up.

That's the skinny of it because it's like midnight.