• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

and i was expeting that sealing magic she had to be her astral heat...

could work too right?

I'm downloading this next week and does anybody know how much space it takes up so I can delete some stuff

This week on ALTER MEMORY!

vPQoqWu.gif

I will never stop using this image.

- Valkenhayn & Rachel being cryptic. Even in retrospect they're really being obtuse.
- Things are super serious and the plot is really starting to- NO WAIT ITS A HOT SPRINGS EPISODE! WHAT?!!
- NO SERIOUSLY THIS IS A HOT SPRINGS EPISODE?!
- Tager dealing with Kokonoe being Kokonoe. Also her new theme song. How timely.
- Noel really is a magical girl with that Bolverk animation.
- Rachel gives Ragna his new arm to the tune of . . . character select music?
- And there's Plat. Who's also a magical girl.
- I find her smacking her head on a table when switching personalities to be way more funny than it should be.
- I guess this means they've introduced all the Six Heroes in the show now.
- It's Lambchops!

Reactions: CaptainGlazak
Pfft I seriously need to start watching the anime, it sounds hilarious lol.

I would like to watch the anime as well but first I have to adjust to this hopefully being an anime of my favorite games to actually being a subpar comedic attempt at making a Blazblue anime.

I would like to watch the anime as well but first I have to adjust to this hopefully being an anime of my favorite games to actually being a subpar comedic attempt at making a Blazblue anime.

I feel like with CS so far, they're doing a pretty good job telling the story (well at least Ragna's part) and sure they take some liberties and tweak some of the story, I've really been enjoying it and whoever is a fan of the series would enjoy it as well in my opinion regardless of the low budget.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
The pacing and story telling really sucks if you never play the game before.

For all the "comedy" of the hot springs scene, the funniest part was Platinum hitting her head on a table while switching personalities.

please tell me there's a .gif of that. because "hitting my head against the table" would make a pretty good image to describe some of arc system's more questionable decisions. (P4A's EU release, +R still not out on US PS3, etc.)

Reactions: Jutsei
I just have one question about this episode before I watch it: is Bang in it? I've been dying to see him.

I just have one question about this episode before I watch it: is Bang in it? I've been dying to see him.
sorry no bang.

really the only ones missing now are Arakune and Bang. Hell, at this rate I'd expect a cameo by damn Kagura and Homura before Bang.

dfjksdagja;rengaregna!!! Where's my Bang?! Gah! I wanna see him so badly! ;_; I wanna see that sexy mofo

Started watching and caught up with Alter memory. Good thing I played the story of the games extensively, otherwise I'd be lost. That's my only real complaint so far. It's like they have no idea how to tell the story. Though the last few episodes have been much more promising than the first few.

well apparently Kokonoe is out since I see a few streams trying her out.

i don't know how good she is though.

i think her english voice is unchanged too.

She sure is. She costs 800 yen or about $8.50.

looks like Arc System is going through another music purge on Youtube, yesterday there were so many videos of CP songs and today almost all of them were taken down.

Trying to decide how I feel about Kokonoe having Day 1 95% damage combos.

Do you think that chip damage is legitimate or some kind of bug?

(Might not be willing to pay for her, but certainly have to know how to deal with it)

That's one of the reasons i don't buy fighting games day-one and i'm giving up on version-one too. (except pc ports like MK9 or KoF 13 steam edition, these ones were already balanced in the console releases and well worth it)

Trying to decide how I feel about Kokonoe having Day 1 95% damage combos.

Do you think that chip damage is legitimate or some kind of bug?

(Might not be willing to pay for her, but certainly have to know how to deal with it)
Wait, you mean they seriously didn't fix that yet?!? You mean that stuff like her doing 6k damage with only 25 Heat, or using her freeze ray to do whatever ridiculous amount of chip damage like that wasn't changed in the final version? The things that we saw her doing in testing like a month or two ago? If so, then Wooooooooow...

Wait, you mean they seriously didn't fix that yet?!? You mean that stuff like her doing 6k damage with only 25 Heat, or using her freeze ray to do whatever ridiculous amount of chip damage like that wasn't changed in the final version? The things that we saw her doing in testing like a month or two ago? If so, then Wooooooooow...

Day 1. I've heard Japan is pretty hugely salty about it too.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW... that is ridiculous. While this will definitely be patched, the fact that they actually released her in the state we saw her in weeks ago, despite seeing on video at the time that she was capable of this stuff is disgusting. Yes, DLC characters in fighting games are usually rife with balancing issues on day 1, but this is just... ugh.

Oh god, that brings back nightmares of some fighters I've played before just juggling there. I would of said that it could of been just an oversight but damn, 95% (especially with that ice) should of been seen at least once or more.

Besides this stuff, if you guys haven't heard from this channel, The Doujin Channel makes some awesome 8-Bit remixes of BB songs (I've known this for a while but some of my friends haven't found it until recently)

Here's a sample

Finally, I'm loving that Nu-13 Val palette, now if only Val started talking in a Valley Girl/Pirate accent since she already has some good innuendos under her sleeve.

Goddamn anyone downloaded this game?

Anyone know how to use your Visa or Mastercard on Jap psn?

Anyone has some jap psn cards on sale for cheap for the boy?

Goddamn anyone downloaded this game?

Anyone know how to use your Visa or Mastercard on Jap psn?

Anyone has some jap psn cards on sale for cheap for the boy?
I remember mentioning this in the ASB thread, but spending money on a Jap PSN with your Yankee Credit Card is impossible, I heard you need:
A. A Japanese Gift Card
B. A Japanese PSN
C. And some other stuff

Is that confirmed, fod gucking manidt

Its official; I say we raid them and demand that they take our ALL AMURICAN MONEY! After all... Merica is the best.

Is that confirmed, fod gucking manidt

Making a Japanese PSN account is ez. I did it in like 10 minutes to play the Anarchy Reigns demo. You could order a yen card or JP gift card off amazon easy though.

Making a Japanese PSN account is ez. I did it in like 10 minutes to play the Anarchy Reigns demo. You could order a yen card or JP gift card off amazon easy though.
Man, do you know how much psn cards are marked up?

Cp costs 6,800 yen.

It would cost me about 100 dollars.

Ha, that's pretty expensive. I guess worth it since you could get a few psn games. But for a full game like Blazblue probably not.

Maybe you guys should wait until they balance the game to buy it...

Maybe you guys should wait until they balance the game to buy it...
They can just ban kokonoe from any tournaments until now.

Ha, that's pretty expensive. I guess worth it since you could get a few psn games. But for a full game like Blazblue probably not.
Granted, don't think that's stopping me, it's just not happening on the same week I bought my new phone.

It's damn sure happening next week.

I've been looking for a new fighter to play and I just bought street fighter four arcade edition thinking I would like it because so many other people do, but it's too slow paced for me and I really regret buying it. I've really only played the mortal combat games and skullgirls, would blazblue be good to pick up?
yry3utuz.jpg

I've been looking for a new fighter to play and I just bought street fighter four arcade edition thinking I would like it because so many other people do, but it's too slow paced for me and I really regret buying it. I've really only played the mortal combat games and skullgirls, would blazblue be good to pick up?
yry3utuz.jpg
Well... Skullgirls was mostly inspired by MvC2, but there are similarities with Guilty Gear and Blazblue:
-Chain combos
-Airdashes/Double jumps
-You can block in the air
-Guilty Gear is very fast. Many people complained that Blazblue felt very slow, but I think the new BBCP has a faster pace now and the combos feel shorter. (Mind you, the only BB games I played were Extend and BBCP, but they're definitely faster than SSF4.)

Blazblue is very fun and very charming. So I'd say yes.
Ya know, I sorta expected that Cerebella would've been the one to get any sort of Noel, Nu or Lambda colors.

Who doesn't like a good VA reference?