• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

jKDWasa.png

I got broomed D:

In all seriousness, I enjoy Noel's gameplay at times, but as a character yeah she has issues. Put the brooms down pls :(

Noel Vermillion Best Character 2015 :3

She would be if she:

-Had a better personality, or at least if they stopped milking the moe thing after CT.
-Had kept her old costume and short hair (under the hat but should be like that all the time)
-Was proud of her delicious flat chest instead of ashamed.

You can get her alternate costume as DLC...

HwP6GOf.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! THE TROLL STRIKES AGAIN!!!

so they brought back individual arcade modes and endings?

Yup. Also Mori confirmed at the end of CP Extend's story mode, there is a teaser of the story for the next game like in CS Extend in a famitsu interview, being this (HEAVY SPOILERS!):

Hl4HY8g.png

02IfvcQ.png

mq8kEcg.png

qGcNy1B

Last box says "Watashihadare?" which is who am I? So Rags gets amnesia... again. Some what I read he loses control of the Grimore and ends up in the Embryo (ala Code:Embryo) somehow after fighting Izanami.

In non spoiler realms, Minvera is no longer a recolor of Nirvana in her story render. Spoiler for size
NyhHpu3.png

Edit: Also Lamda
MNKnSQ2.png

Last edited:
so anything cool or interesting or fun from the new story sections? and is lambda still the best?

also dustloop is down.

Suddenly I crave lambchops.

Reactions: Ktulu
Just what I mentioned earlier where:
Rags gets amnesia at the end of the game for the second time (or third time ever) and he is confirmed to be in the Embryo where Lambda, Rachel, and Noel are all looking for him. Her arcade mode ending is alright.

Translation:
Rachel: Oh, what a coincidence.
Noel: Rachel? Where you perhaps watching us?
Rachel: I only killed some time. But you did work hard Noel.
Noel: No... the one who worked hard was her. We are "sisters", right? In that case, of course we would help each other I think. And also, I was helped by Rachel at that time.
Rachel: That's... right.
Noel: By the way, why is Rachel here... you're here searching for Ragna, right?
Rachel: Be quiet. Don't go fishing for unneeded information.
Noel: Fufu. But with her "here" I'm now sure... Ragna is in this closed space... He is for sure somewhere in the embryo! Rachel, it's a contest over who will find Ragna first!
Rachel: A contest? You say something interesting things Noel. Do you really believe that you can win over me?
Noel: I will win! I will not lose to Rachel or her... I will no longer lose to anybody!
Lambda: IDEA engine equipped Imitation Phenomena Weapon. Creator... Relius Clover... Master... Kokonoe... Professor Kokonoe Mercury. Ragna... Ragna the Bloodedge... I am... I am "Lambda-11". I... want to meet... Ragna.

So I guess he has another weird Murukumo unit following him around.

Not much else has changed for the story as far as I can tell though.

More Lambda is good because her story stuff was the best parts of the anime. The adaptation of her "gag" ending was surprisingly faithful considering the rest of the show was all over the place in quality.

And she's the best murakumo girl.

I started with Continuum Shift, but I passed it on to a friend after getting Continuum Shift Extend. It's up there on my list of favourite fighting games, and for good reason. The characters, the acting, the humour, the gameplay, it's all so perfect. Litchi is my main. I replaced Noel with her because her range appealed to me more I guess.

I am always willing to add people who want to fight on XBL, by the way!

Well shit guess I gotta buy CP Extend for my PS4.
All the work in my PS3 version for vanilla's gonna be flushed down the toilet.
Oh well.

Interesting at that plot hook though.
so they brought back individual arcade modes and endings?
That was there in vanilla CP Bro.

So I asked the following on Dustloop about DLC in CP and how it carries over to CPEX:

"If you bought DLC in CP, does that carry over to CPEX or do you have to buy it all again? This includes Terumi (I got him for free when I got the limited edition of CP), Kokonoe, Kagura, Noel's alternate costume, any colors, BBCP stages and music, unlimited characters, etc."

This is the answer I got:
"I believe having the DLC already bought unlocks it in CPE so that you don't need to grind for P$. Kagura, Terumi, and Kokonoe are all pre unlocked regardless, same with Noel's DLC costume."

So there you go.. any real money you spent in CP for characters was a giant waste. GGs to those who waited for CPEX to come out (I'm a big idiot for getting hyped about CP and spent money on the limited edition... At least I got Rachel nedo right.... RIGHT?). Also, it seems like most DLC being colors and music is now purchasable with the money you get in the game. I'll wait for any further confirmation on this though.

You would really either have to be a serious completionist or just have a bunch of disposable income to throw around to buy the disgustingly overcharged system voice pack. That shit was unlockable in Persona.

Was it confirmed that everything from the vanilla Vita version was carried over to Extend? I know that the abyss update was, but note sure on rest.

Was it confirmed that everything from the vanilla Vita version was carried over to Extend? I know that the abyss update was, but note sure on rest.

Yes, everything that the Vita CP has is in Vita CPEX. The only thing it does NOT have is online lobbies as far as I remember.

Side note, apparently the Remix Heart story mode is just an introduction to who Mai and Cajun are (I don't know if it goes into Remix Heart spoiler territory or not). So if you read the manga, you won't be missing anything.

Also, DLC so far is only Mai and Cajun's system voices, Room sets, and an XBlaze pixel lobby set. The full list is here: http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue:_Chronophantasma_Extend/Downloadable_Contents

Found this
"More than being about Kokonoe, her story centers around Arakune. That’s the hidden true focus. The story goes back when both of them were human and it touches on how their relationship is."
WELL SHIT
NOW I GOTTA GET IT

Dangle Arakune story shit in front of my face and I gotta get that

Reactions: SmashBlade
Hold on, they actually gonna flesh out that blob?

God, finally.

hopefully this fleshing out doesn't mean they're gonna get rid of him in the future.
;A; Arakune is my main!

How many characters have been removed from this game so far? Lol what are you worried about? They'll never remove anyone from Blazblue. Every character in this game is Jason Voorhees.

in all honesty, I hated the fact that they took away the "arakune subtitles" option.
I really liked knowing what he was saying.

They did? When?

They didn't Arakune just learned how to speak properly thanks to Relius. Too bad he's still insane.

BBCPEX NA release date is currently showing for June 30th on Blazblue's official website http://blazblueuniverse.com/bbcpex. Pre-orders are up now on Amazon/Gamestop/Aksys Online Store ($39.99 for PS3/Vita and $49.99 for PS4/Xbox One). Nothing on NA pre-order bonuses yet.

You'll get it in a few years.

You'll get it in a few years.
More like never. Continuum Shift EX on steam probably didn't make enough "interest" into porting the newest one for PC. Let's face it Aksys would intentionally milk off anyone desperate enough to back previous version of anything (ie GG Isuka, BB CT, GG #Reload, etc).

And it works because a friend of mine bought me, his friend, and himself CSEX on steam.

bbcSEX? I'm not looking for doujins on steam, I just want to get the latest version of the game!

Reactions: Meow-Professor
Edit: nvm Jutsei got me beaten.

I really hope that there isn't tag battles in the new one. I don't know how that would really work for Blazblue. It just doesn't seem like it would fit the series.

As long as it's not the main thing and simply another side mode [casual mode where the balance is not centered around tag matches] like in other fighters I'm fine with it. I doubt the 1 vs 1 component will be scrapped when that was what the series was prior to this new game. Worse case scenario maybe some story mode fights will have forced tag matches.

Be interested to see what 'new' characters will be in the next one.

A bit off topic but,
I just found out that Celica was or already is a playable character and not just that but she's going to have robotic partner just like Carl and Relius!

I was just wondering for anyone who knows her play style in deep detail if she played anything like the two. Especially Carl since I main him in the current Blazblue I have (Continuum Shift Extend) or if she has her own play style and set ups (| ‿|

Last edited:
Celica does fight with Minerva, but she isn't a puppet or stand character. The two move and act as one.