• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

While I'm angry Hazama has apparently been killed off, I hope they can find some kind of way for them to add in Kazuma, with this as an excuse, especially considering what happened to Terumi.

Terumi was killed, not Hazama. Hazama is fine as far as we know. Terumi at this point is dead and Trinity's status is up in the air. God knows what is going to be of them as of the next game.

Terumi was killed, not Hazama. Hazama is fine as far as we know. Terumi at this point is dead and Trinity's status is up in the air. God knows what is going to be of them as of the next game.
It seemed to imply to me that Hazama was killed off, because if I remember correctly, Platinum stabs him, he stabs her, and then they fall into the ocean, or something? Either way, he seems as dead as Platinum does to me.

I can live without the Trinity personality. Luna and Sena are more fun.

It seemed to imply to me that Hazama was killed off, because if I remember correctly, Platinum stabs him, he stabs her, and then they fall into the ocean, or something? Either way, he seems as dead as Platinum does to me.

Wait now I don't remember exactly how the Hazama/Trinity situation went down at the end. I might need to rewatch it.

Wait now I don't remember exactly how the Hazama/Trinity situation went down at the end. I might need to rewatch it.
Uuuh I'll check the wiki
"While Hakumen and Terumi fight, Hazama is ambushed and bound by Trinity, which causes Terumi to become paralyzed as well. Hakumen uses his Time Killer technique to erase Terumi's "time" and kill him, which appears to have some devastating affect on Hazama. He stabs Trinity while she's unfocused, saying that he'll take her down with him, and falls with Platinum into the water below. Their whereabouts became unknown afterwards."
Seems a lot more ambiguous then I remember.
I don't care though, I can't imagine the story being half as enjoyable without Hazama messing with everyone.

They need to explain Hazama/Terumi's motivation. He just kind of been doing everything without purpose this entire time.

I can live without the Trinity personality. Luna and Sena are more fun.
Agreed.

They need to explain Hazama/Terumi's motivation. He just kind of been doing everything without purpose this entire time.
THE WORLD IS FULL OF LIES

some people just want to watch the world burn. though I haven't really seen what pushed him in that direction, hopefully we'll see it in BB4

wait a minute, if Hazama is garbage, how come it takes me hours to get ONE round against him in arcade mode??? fuck that green aura

Because Unlimited characters are a bitch.

Hazama may be "garbage" but Unlimited Hazama is ridiculous. Next to no restrictions on his chains and he can do a lot of his moves without doing serpent's benediction O_o. Also poison aura. I might have to bite my pride and start learning Unlimited Hazama heheh

I'm not sure about Garbage when saying Hazama. Unless he got nerfed to death in EX, he still has annoying flashy Chain combos and frame traps.

Look at all those spoilered posts that I can't read cause no ChronoPhantasma on PC.

Reactions: Ktulu
I'm not sure about Garbage when saying Hazama. Unless he got nerfed to death in EX, he still has annoying flashy Chain combos and frame traps.
I believe he's been buffed in Extend, actually.

Doesn't everyone always say Hazama sucks now after patch notes and he always ends up really good? I feel like this happens every time.

Doesn't everyone always say Hazama sucks now after patch notes and he always ends up really good? I feel like this happens every time.

That's because it does happen every time. Same with a few other characters like Valkenhayn and they always keep ending up on the top end of the tier list.

When I first played him in Continuum Shift Arcade Rip I thought he was sooooo friggin terrible. I absolutely couldn't figure him out. But I kept playing cause I loved him personality-wise and soon enough I found out he is quite amazing and incredibly fun to play. Maybe it's something like that

Hazama is never trash :D
seriously, once you figure crap out, he's really good. Chains and options, get ins, get outs. "Let's Get Closer!"x100

Just got my hands on Extend, a couple days late.
Celica, while I enjoy her playstyle, is very boring. Did anyone else get this impression from her? Her healing super only heals, like 750-1000 health without holding down the button, which is not very useful for the meter it requires, not to mention how long the startup is. Her overdrive heals a decent amount pretty quickly, though, which is interesting. She definitely seems pretty low-tier; her 5B has really good range, but otherwise she doesn't have much to her and I can't find a way to convert a long-range basic 5B hit into damage, though, although I didn't spend much time trying to check. Her hurtbox is absolutely gigantic, which of course needs to be said.

Lambda I really like; her new special seems useful at a first glance, and I'm looking forward to not have the different forms I disliked about Nu.
The visual effect on her is beautiful, as well, although I'd have liked if they changed her sprite to separate her from Nu.

I only spent a few hours with Extend, though, so this is really just first impressions.
I know none of you probably care, but nobody seems to be talking about Extend since the American release and I feel like it deserves some discussion now that we can play it

Reactions: Ktulu and North888
I know none of you probably care, but nobody seems to be talking about Extend since the American release and I feel like it deserves some discussion now that we can play it

Welcome to Blazblue. People only talk about it until it's released lol.

Oh I definitely care, and have been looking forward to a new BB for a long time (didn't get CP). I'm even later to the party; hope to get it soon. Been following the discussion at gameFAQs & Dustloop, avoiding spoilers carefully. I've never tried BB online (done a lot of P4AU & Xrd), so after Story, arcade, etc. I hope to get some vs. in.

I've never tried BB online (done a lot of P4AU & Xrd), so after Story, arcade, etc. I hope to get some vs. in.

Just so you know, Blazblue syncs the connections during the intro, so never skip it in online matches. The lag is fierce when it's skipped.

never skip an Arc intro by default.
better to be safe than sorry.

Just so you know, Blazblue syncs the connections during the intro, so never skip it in online matches. The lag is fierce when it's skipped.
That explains pretty much all of my experience with online...the more you know D:

That explains pretty much all of my experience with online...the more you know D:

People that skip the intro in Blazblue online matches are an epidemic and must be stopped.

Yeah, I know from Dustloop & never skip P4AU & Xrd intros, and let others know not to.
I pick netplay-friendly stages too. I have a strong aversion to lag; dropping combos is even more of a possibility w/input delay.
I'm amazed people can combo when there's lag in a game.

My fav. in the previous games was Tager, but am open to maining almost anyone in CPE once I try them all out.
I could see Haku or Kagura as possible mains too.

Last edited:
People that skip the intro in Blazblue online matches are an epidemic and must be stopped.
You would think that arcsys would stop people from skipping the intro if it was so important for lag.

When has Arcsys done anything to improve the quality of the online experience?

I feel like Celica is a very "beginner friendly" character and that I didn't really have to think much when doing her combos. I think that was the intention with her though. I probably will only use her when I feel like messing around with a character but I won't go out of my way to main her. Ever.

I'm happy Lambda is back and she feels more or less the same from CSII when I subbed her. My friend in Spain and I usually have decent connection when his own internet isn't awful and we also don't skip intros either.

I need to figure out an actual main in CPEX since I'm literally all over the place. I'll probably go back to Lambda though.

Hazama, Platinum, and Kagura dah bes.

I know, I'm totally original in my mains, shoot me :/

I had Kagura as a main for awhile then stopped playing the game. When I use Kagura now, I have no idea what I'm doing anymore. I used to main Carl at one point in the past BB games.

So far, I'm ok with Terumi (I know he's garbage tier now), Carl still, Lambda now that she's back, Izayoi who interested me a lot, and Kagura I guess. I might go with either Lambda or Izayoi.

I'd say Amane is pretty fun, but maximizing his chip and converts was always tough for me.

Celica's entire design was supposed to be "beginner friendly BB character" for people to play to get used to the game.

Im going to try to get extend when I get funds. although from what I hear, they really wrecked with my characters. My poor mu-12.... ;~~;

Just because she's supposed to be beginner-friendly doesn't mean she coudn't be interesting, or fun. Her combos are just a lot of drives from the looks of things, and they aren't very fun. She just feels very un-satisfying.
As much as I can't stand Celica as a character, or her gameplay, I'm still going to try and use her for some reason.

ITS TIME FOR A LITTLE PUNISHMENT!

Reactions: SmashBlade
YO WAIT HOLD UP.

1d743476b957e8ebf71048ebe7b468bf.png

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!

A quick translation of the trailer or something.

Rachel: I'm not here to get the Azure nor to achieve my ambition. I came to confirm... who you are. Now, let us go. There isn't time to waste. We need to solve this situation before "she" can wish for the destruction of this world.
Ragna: It doesn't matter who I am... I'm myself. Now, come on! I'll "save" on.
Hibiki: I don't have a wish of my own... I've always been empty.
Naoto: I'm sorry, but if that's a Murakumo Unit... I'm going to have to destroy it.
Jin: Hero created by others serves no purpose.
Noel: A rebellion? I'm just chasing after the Grim Reaper.
Rachel: Ragna still has a role he needs to fulfill.
Hazama: You'll tell me... Just how much do you know about the Azure?
Azrael: This is interesting. You've lost your memories, but still intend to repeat everything...
Hibiki: I exist only for a certain person's sake.
Noel: I know you. Who... are you?
Tsubaki: I'll handle this. You go on ahead!
Makoto: I should be only one who has to fighting in a dirty way... I'm used to that kind of thing.
Hazama: The world you wish for... What kind of cruel reality will it force on to you? I'm looking forward to it...
Kokonoe: To seal off the world... So, you're the cause of this strange phenomena.
Amane: "Search for me", huh? Just where should I look from...
Noel: This is weird feeling... Like, we're watching an eternal dream...
Nine: What kind of world do you wish for? What kind of history? What kind of war? What kind of destruction would you like? Eventually someone defeats the Izanami and learns the truth of this world... An unchangeable truth.... The Central Fiction... What will the humanity choose at that time? What do you wish from this worthless world, Ragna the Bloodedge? That's your wish? Seriously... What a worthless thing to wish for.