• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blood for the Blood Goddess! Eliza BETA Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And OK, I'm kinda disappointed that the Sunlight Spear didn't make it. <:3
Sekhmet only super? I dunno. I was half asleep when I watched the stream so I dont remember if Mike said that was the last super and I thought that on a previous Salty He said there'd be a Sekh only super.....I'm probably just remembering things wrong.
[decides to rewatch stream]

I like Sekhmet's super, but I'm going to echo a few people in the thread and say that it needs something more visually to give it that final kick. Ink/blood splashes on the screen or something to that effect would do nicely.

The only other part of it that looks "off" to me is the repeated overhead axe slashes towards the end. It's really obvious that the frames are being repeated and there isn't a smooth transition between them. Maybe if L0 were to recycle like the 1st or 3rd hit of Sekhmet's s.LP but replace the Khopesh with the Axe they could shift between vertical and horizontal axe slashes to make the sequence seem less repetitive? And maybe use those same frames to replace Sekhmet's s.HP to give some more variation between j.MP and s.HP axe attacks?
...I'm so sorry for suggesting more work Lab Zero, I know you all are doing your best with the time and money you have.

Last edited:
I'm curious if the sekhmet super when done with about 3meters will be punishable since Sekh has to return to the body and a no-meter return has longer recovery.

I like the rapidfire super tbh. To me it gives the sense of even more feral, primal anger which is sekhmet's jam.

I ndo agree it needs a little more OMMPH though.

I didn't realise how huge the distance for kara cancelling with HK is. I haven't found a great use for it yet, but if there's a need for a kara it's there for sure.

I did find you could do some shenanigans with MP delay HK or HK-kara'd to something but I don't even have a combo that uses MP so...

Well here's my suggestion for Sekhmet super, and its easy to do I'd assume.

Use her jHP hieroglyph that says "sekhmet" apparently and make it something like clouds cross slash limit break form final fantasy 7, where sekhmet hits with her axe 3-4 times and with every hit, a new segment of the hieroglyph appears, and then when its almost complete sekhmet does the final attack and completes the hieroglyph by adding the final missing character or segment. Pic related, just to emphasize what i mean.
This wouldnt take many resources at all, since you just use sekhmets symbol which is already there

YwL0CYG.jpg

Here the character adds one line after another with every slash of his sword, would look really cool :3

heres a video of it, if its still unclear what i mean

Actually I think the timing is a reference to something secret, but I could be way off
Probably Morse Code.:PUN:

Sekhmet only super? I dunno. I was half asleep when I watched the stream so I dont remember if Mike said that was the last super and I thought that on a previous Salty He said there'd be a Sekh only super.....I'm probably just remembering things wrong.
IIRC, Mike said Eliza and Sekhmet would "share" a Blockbuster. This might be it. No reason to not have Sek start it without Eliza.

As for the spear throw, the concept seemed like something both could do: as Eliza, she'd just raise the staff, turn into Sek as the blood mass powers up the staff. After thrown, the anchor stays in that spot. As Sek, she only needs to run up to the anchor and go for the throw animation.
(NOTE: I use words like "just" and "only" on the context of how it might work conceptwise. I understand the work involved for such a thing would be tremendous and I don't mean to disregard it.)

Couple of random thoughts about the ranbu Blockbuster:
1 - I suppose the whole thing is a reference to the mythological Sekhmet's rampage, hence the all red background.
2 - How about adding c.LP with a spin effect to the sequence, like some sort of "bitey" Psycho Crusher? It might look weird without a intermediate frame but I think some "wind lines" would cover it up. Just thinking out loud and, in that regard, I'll echo Paperbag_Sniper's apologetic words. <(__)>

now we need to know the buff effect for the taunt and if that chariot will be used, It seems Eliza is almost done in terms on gameplay.

Preferably none.

It's bad enough Bigband requires you to perform just about the most jarringly out of place and outdated input to play effectively, without a more straight-forward alternative).

It's best that it stays his gimmick, and everyone else has taunts just for laughs.

Preferably none.

It's bad enough Bigband requires you to perform just about the most jarringly out of place and outdated input to play effectively, without a more straight-forward alternative).

It's best that it stays his gimmick, and everyone else has taunts just for laughs.
Well it is too late Peacock was the first with a taunt. They also want to give taunts to all the rest of the cast. Big Band was based off of Q from 3rd strike who relied on knockdowns into taunt

So I'm just gonna keep spamming my training mode findings because couch-devving animations in a gameplay thread is thbtbtbtbt

I don't normally work with air dash characters, so anti-pushblock pressure is not my forte. Forgive me if this stuff is super obvious.

-In the corner (tested on squigly) j.lk adc j.lk j.mk is a short overhead pressure pattern that will overcome dummy pushblocks on the first and second hits.
-If they don't pushblock the third hit, they submit to an instant overhead/low mixup with c.lk or j.lk.

-So most likely they're going to wait to pushblock the j.mk, which is where I think you should base your lockdown/mixup game. Calling cerecopter right after the second j.lk will lock them down nicely if they pushblock a j.mk, but also gives you time to skip the j.mk and go for a low/throw in the gap.

-As for what to do if they pushblock and get locked down by cerecopter? I'm kind of undecided. You can do something like c.mk and cancel it to qcf+lk when it connects which will give you time for another low/throw covered by the chair, or you could go for a quick low then high using qcf+mk while copter is still out.

-I don't know how effective the dive summon will be if they can absolute guard well or perhaps push you out as it connects. If they do sit and block it then the recover on that thing (at the moment) is really mean since it sits out in front of everyone, hiding what mixup you're going to do next.

Well it is too late Peacock was the first with a taunt. They also want to give taunts to all the rest of the cast. Big Band was based off of Q from 3rd strike who relied on knockdowns into taunt

Except in Peacock case it's not a "must do" thing. It only removes a bit of randomness from a single move, which might not always be desirable anyway.

BB relies on it to get (better)value out of the meter, and is really the only case where the taunt increases your power, rather than being a gimmick(a state I'd much prefer to remain unchanged).

IIRC, Mike said Eliza and Sekhmet would "share" a Blockbuster. This might be it. No reason to not have Sek start it without Eliza.

Yeah, I rewatched the stream earlier and Mike was saying that the Ranbu super should be coming out, but that it wasn't and that it would be added later.

I honestly like the Sekhmet super, reminds me of good old fighter supers.

However I'd prefer that for the axe part, sekhmet switches sides when she does it.

I think the sekhmet super is pretty cool and it reminded me of EX Sol's super hit grab which also turns the screen red

Suggestion for command layout:

dp+p: Upper Khat
qcb+P: Osiris Spiral
qcf+K: Bodyguards
qcb+K: Sekhmet Turn
qcb OR qcf+K: Sekhmet Turn/Hathor Return

qcb+KK: Sekhmet Super
(air) qcf+KK: Air Super
qcb+PP: Khepri Sun

This way, every Eliza only special is with a punch and every Sekhmet/bodyguard special is with a kick. The Sekhmet activation and the Sekhmet super overlap commands, bodyguards and the air super overlap commands, and the Osiris Spiral and level 3 overlap commands. There is still no qcf+P command to confuse with the dp+P.

rewatching some of the stream i missed: is it just me, or does eliza's microphone stand not tint dark like her body when she gets downed in team matches?

Preferably none.

Honestly I barely use his taunt. I feel like you're much better off using those knockdowns for pressure.

For Eliza's taunt I think it would be interesting to see some kind of interaction with Sekmet mode, since that's her unique mechanic. Plus Sekmet shows up in the taunt animation and everything.

For Eliza's taunt I think it would be interesting to see some kind of interaction with Sekmet mode, since that's her unique mechanic. Plus Sekmet shows up in the taunt animation and everything.

Reduced meter loss for the first 10 seconds of the next summon, maybe

rewatching some of the stream i missed: is it just me, or does eliza's microphone stand not tint dark like her body when she gets downed in team matches?

It does do that. I think it's intentional but I'm not sure.

I've yet to start incorporating Sehkmet into my combos, but I'm really liking the way Eliza plays so far. A lot. She was my most-wanted character during the voting process, so I'm glad I'm having so much fun with her. Even though she's different from how I initially expected her to be, I'm happy with how she's coming along.

Blood goddess is gonna have to share some hype
the wolf awaits....

I saw only recently that Elizas has three moves that uses her bodyguards as helpers.

Does this mean that the blood mechanics were discarded? I dont really care much about the blood but considering Eliza already has an stand I dont find the helpers moves very fitting.

PD: I'm complaining because I love Elyza's egypt themed moves and feel that the helpers are stealing from more of those :P

Does this mean that the blood mechanics were discarded? I dont really care much about the blood but considering Eliza already has an stand I dont find the helpers moves very fitting.

It isnt because of Albus & Horace, but yes, the blood mechanic was dropped. Sekhmet is Eliza's special thing now.

Probably things Mike has on his to-do or to-try list since it was just added and not final but as a suggestion I think the Sehkmet Super should zoom in a little and the colors should be inverted. I assume the Sehkmet signature wasn't going to stay red and blend in during the Super but maybe red characters on a black background would look cool.

This is the kind of shenanigans with MP delay HK I was talking about, but with a set up to make the MP really easy to land. Unfortunately HK's hurtbox is pretty damn tall so I dunno if it would be worth it like this.

Just to make sure, what exactly happened here?
Sekhmet super whiffed at close range (which it shouldn't) and Eliza somehow teleported straight onto where sekhmet landed in a knockdown state.

This happened. http://www.twitch.tv/ugclive/b/544618235?t=1h03m05s
Mike probably already saw this but if he didn't it's at the correct timestamp more or less.
This is still a bug in the current build (with new supers etc) but I know why and it'll be fixed next build.
Sekhmet previously got hit (bursted) and the super wasn't clearing the state that Sekhmet keeps for when she gets hit, so she was immediately acting like she got hit by the last thing again.

Regarding advice, friendly or otherwise, related to improving Lady of Slaughter from a non-gameplay standpoint - it took forever to get what's currently in, so if there is more advice to be had she can happily lose the super. :^)

If I wanted to knock down Eliza I'd just use a sweep.
What you have to do is take screenshots of all Liza palettes currently in the game, then when she's released and one of them is missing, ask Mike to put it back in.
Boom, he will delete her!

If that doesn't work, at least post some improvements to her Sekhmet super so he removes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back