• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blood for the Blood Goddess! Eliza BETA Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why make complex rules for how the armor of a single normal works and how to counter it when you can make complex rules on how supers/specials work and how to counter them. What I'd hate is for this attack to be core to her gameplay and for it to be her best assist option by far. Seriously, what is Mike even smoking?

Do u have any plans on even using her? Seems like u are complaining about it, cause you don't want to deal with it. If u can't deal with it I don't know what to say, stop mindlessly spamming argus and it should be easy.

Kind of a shame to see her throw change already from the 'wall carry but no follow ups' to 'mild carry with follow ups'. That was a really unique concept and looked baller as fuck.

Wait it was changed this morning or something? The full wall carry no followups was indeed unique it really stood out in this game. I'd rather they find a way to make that work properly than change it.

Anyways really enjoying her...people are calling her slow. However since I've been playing Big Band and Squiggly she seems like a racecar in comparison, just being able to air dash is awesome.

Reactions: yellowflash26
I guess the problem with the wall carry thing is that it causes a wallbounce, which means it always has to knock down, and thus if you can't combo off of it, it's always techable and therefore pointless. Maybe there's some way to make the corner carry work without causing a knockdown? I'd like corner carries.

Anyways really enjoying her...people are calling her slow. However since I've been playing Big Band and Squiggly she seems like a racecar in comparison, just being able to air dash is awesome.

I play Squigly and Cerebella. The air dash is like a breath of fresh air. I like it better than the other air dashes in the game.

Reactions: blufang
But she is supposed to be slow, and Sek is supposed to be fast,

Well I love her moves but she needs those specials and supers fast.

Also, those three egyptian signs in her s.HK are for something?

They're Egyptian for "Salty" "As" and "Ankh".

Most detailed eliza frame.
image.jpg

- Airthrow: full corner carry without followups felt really un-fun. Either it has to cause sliding and not allow a followup, which can be circumvented with assists, or they have to recover in the air which just looks stupid. [edit] It's a beta, we can try other stuff, but I doubt people will enjoy it as much.
- cr.HK armoring projectiles/physical follows the same rules as Egret Dive, for the person complaining it was new rules.
- cr.HK: 24 frames of startup, armor from 16f, 2 hits of armor that loses to overheads, does 1350 damage and no chip damage, and trips them on hit COMPLETELY PREVENTING any further followups no matter what.
Brass Knuckles H: 24 frames of startup (coincidence?), armor from 1st frame, 2 hits of armor, does 1750 damage and 250 chip, and causes sliding on hit which means it can be followed up.
Yes, cr.HK clears projectiles, but if you actually hit them with it it's much worse. Sure, it's a good move, but it's not going to be her best assist. It's not even in the top 5 assists as it is - if someone is using it against zoning, the zoner would rather get hit by it since it's a free ground tech and recovery. I have had it with complaints.

i love slow characters that don't do lightning fast combos i suck at long and fast combos so shes perfect for me new waifu. glad i voted for her

-
- cr.HK armoring projectiles/physical follows the same rules as Egret Dive, for the person complaining it was new rules.
- cr.HK: 24 frames of startup, armor from 16f, 2 hits of armor that loses to overheads, does 1350 damage and no chip damage, and trips them on hit COMPLETELY PREVENTING any further followups no matter what.
Brass Knuckles H: 24 frames of startup (coincidence?), armor from 1st frame, 2 hits of armor, does 1750 damage and 250 chip, and causes sliding on hit which means it can be followed up.
Yes, cr.HK clears projectiles, but if you actually hit them with it it's much worse. Sure, it's a good move, but it's not going to be her best assist. It's not even in the top 5 assists as it is - if someone is using it against zoning, the zoner would rather get hit by it since it's a free ground tech and recovery. I have had it with complaints.

Still gonna help me with peacock mu because i don't want to learn big band and get instant overheaded all day

Still gonna help me with peacock mu because i don't want to learn big band and get instant overheaded all day
Also doesn't go as far as Brass does.

I think original air throw was going to be unsatisfactory (no combo + tech means limited pressure defeating the purpose of giving up the extra damage for positioning) or overpowered (if combos were allowed out of it). I am glad to hear of a change even though it is a little bit of an attack on the uniqueness of it. What is the change btw? I'm at work and don't know what it is?

And for the love of god, how are people already talking about certain moves being broken?

And for the love of god, how are people already talking about certain moves being broken?
Sir! Sir? You must be new here. Hello, and welcome to the Fighting Game Community! Here is your complimentary body odor and halitosis kit, and please see the young lady over there to receive your free copy of FGC Dos and Don'ts to learn how to properly disrespect those around you at all times. Enjoy!

I guess he was just saying he liked it but didn't want to elaborate?? It is random, but eh...

Day 2 and people are already talking about that? I need to go outside and do something... eat a donut, just something.

Reactions: blueberrymilk
Really, the air throw is better imo. I'd rather be able to combo off it than carry completely to the corner with out anything else.

Without knowing the rest of Eliza's skillset it's not reasonable for us to be judging the air throw imo. If she has a vicious corner reset game then its very different!! I think that for me personally it was cool to see the REALLY LONG DURATION of the air throw and thats what had the "oh shit i'm kidnapping someone" feeling. I wonder if there's a way for her to fly them all the way across the screen but then have the two of them return to a spot further away, based on where the throw took place? So a corner throw would keep them cornered but a midscreen throw would take them on a round world trip and then they'd wind up midscreen?

Other idea: every character so far has one direction for air throws as opposed to ground throws (which have forward and back throws). could eliza's airthrow autocorrect so that no matter what it puts her with her back to more of the battlefield?

It's only been 2 days people...please...lool

Give Eliza time to evolve before you start bitching that her moves are broken..or something.

Edit: More like a day and a half but whatever.

guys I want to complain about a not finished character too.

ugh why is cr.MP(2) so shitty it doesn't even fire fullscreen she's going to be awful lowtier garbage ugh im going back to playing samurai shodown 3 professionally

*picks up his haohmaru body pillow and hastily exits the venue*

Reactions: Killjoy
- Airthrow: full corner carry without followups felt really un-fun. Either it has to cause sliding and not allow a followup, which can be circumvented with assists, or they have to recover in the air which just looks stupid. [edit] It's a beta, we can try other stuff, but I doubt people will enjoy it as much.
Cause 'sweeped' state (invincible until they can tech), and Eliza lands far away enough from the corner / recovers early enough fthat the opponent is unable to techs forward out of the corner?
Or even: Slide Knockdown, but they're invincible for the entire duration until they can get back up.

E: Can you pls pls tell me that this heart
index.php

is only gone temporarily and will come back :[
It was the best thing ever (this is not a palette so it's allowed I'm sure)!!

Cause 'sweeped' state (invincible until they can tech), and Eliza lands far away enough from the corner / recovers early enough fthat the opponent is unable to techs forward out of the corner?
Or even: Slide Knockdown, but they're invincible for the entire duration until they can get back up.

E: Can you pls pls tell me that this heart

is only gone temporarily and will come back :[
It was the best thing ever (this is not a palette so it's allowed I'm sure)!!
It was part of the charm, haha.

The heart lives on in her post assist animation, it seems.

Michelle better sing a little ditty for that ground throw if the hearts have to go.

Reminds me of this one
Where has this been all my life? It's outstanding. <3

I really like the air throw as it is now.
Keeps the coolness of the flying animation but still allows a follow up.

Reactions: Icky
MikeZ better learn how to make chicken adobo

I can give you my grandma's recipe if you want

OK, so, it's pretty easy. If you want to marinate, marinate your chicken in some soy sauce and garlic for a while.
Once the chicken's soaked in the flavor, heat up a bit of oil (just enough to completely cover the bottom of the pot). Fry up the chicken for a few minutes to make sure it gets nice and well cooked. Usually around 3-5 minutes a side, though your chicken may vary.

Once that's done, pour soy sauce, water, and garlic into the pot. You want about 2 tbsp soy sauce, .5-1 cup water, and 1 to 1.5 cloves of garlic per pound of chicken. Bring that pile to a boil and then throw in some bay leaves (I lean towards 2 per pound) and few whole black peppercorns. Let that simmer for around half an hour.

Once the chicken is nice and tender, add vinegar, preferably rice, though any white should do. You want 1 part vinegar for every 2 parts soy sauce you used. Stir that all up and cook for another 10 minutes or so.

Once that's all done, you want a little salt and sugar for taste. I've leaned lighter on the sugar, but it's all based on what you like. Start at around 1/4 tbsp per pound. Turn off the heat and stir all that stuff up.

Once you're happy with how the sauce tastes, pull out the bay leaves and serve with steamed rice. If you're drinking with beer, I'd go with a hoppy, light to medium body beer. I lean towards IPAs

Also, if you noticed a lot of "about" or "around", that's because it's one of those old style recipes where you just eyeball the amount you're putting in. I remember it being measured in pinches and handfuls. For liquids i just pour it straight into the pot until it looks right.

Eliza's air dashes and j.MK feel great.

j.MK reminds me of Smash sex kicks, it might not have the best hitbox to hurtbox ratio, but it is still a big hitbox regardless, its out there and its active for aggeees.

I really like the air throw as it is now (a hint: it basically guarantees corner carry anyway, at least with Eliza's current attack properties)

j.LK feels really bad to me right now. The animation whiffs way too far through opponent's hurtboxes it just feels wrong when the feet is wedged through their head into their chest but there is no hit.

j.HP is giving me massive Jedah Blood Sprite vibes, I love it so much.

Struggling with anti air right now, but we only have normals so far and 5LP/5MP work in some situations.

j.MK in general just feels so great, fantastic poking and offensive normal.

j.HK feels pretty outclassed by j.MK for poking though, it seems it is mostly useful defensively right now.

is there a combo thread up if not would any one like to share some combos with me im having trouble making stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.