• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Cerebrawl

Yeah... Cable is pretty strong.

Don't think there is going to be an equivalent of Cable in Cerebrawl. OP28's zoning ideas have been tossed around between having slow long pokes with his sword and the old idea of Annie's "Sweet Spot" attacks. So like the tip of the blade could do massive hit stun allowing OP28 to dash up and continue the combo. There is another idea of OP28 using grenades... or tactical counters just like special ops would do. OP28 is going to be like... Glacius in a sense due to his long sword at least.

Also AWESOME @OP8 Poke Eliot For me would yah?

Iceman wasn't top tier in any local community after like 3 months. Cable was immediately top and stayed there, though.
Oh, interesting. I was always told that Iceman and Blackheart were considered top for at least a year or so, and Storm/Sentinel were actually considered low tier for the first year or two.

Off topic:
Oh, interesting. I was always told that Iceman and Blackheart were considered top for at least a year or so, and Storm/Sentinel were actually considered low tier for the first year or two.
BH yes, Iceman not from anything I know. And yeah, Storm, Sent and even Mags were considered kinda bad at the start. Sent/BH was a trap team, with no flying. Doom was considered stupid good early on, too.

@Squire Grooktook you're very right. I always tend to base my initial impression of a fighter's balance off my initial casual play before I look up any high level info. I guess maybe I should have saved my analysis then for after I'd seen some of that XD

Regardless I like what I'm seeing. I'll have to find time to drop into one of the streams to watch for a bit. While the witch doesn't interest me much at all the rest of the cast we've heard about does quite intrigue me.

Also AWESOME @OP8 Poke Eliot For me would yah?
Will do...low forward or a standing strong?

You know, I always thought this thread was for Cerebella players to exchange combo ideas for her.
Didn't think Cerebrawl was the name of an actual game lolz n_n

Though I have to say it looks pretty cool!
It's like MvC with a splash of Skullgirls and a hint of Melee.
Just found out about it today and it really seems like something I'd get behind =)

well it's true that the hints and flavors of MvC are there, Cerebrawl is going to have Tekken Tag elements in it.

Think of Cerebrawl as the kid punk brother to SkullGirls. heheh kind of a family tree here. their mum is Darkstalkers.

Reactions: Notkastar
Think of Cerebrawl as the kid punk brother to SkullGirls. heheh kind of a family tree here. their mum is Darkstalkers.

And if you can do assist moves the dad Would be MvC haha
╹◡╹)

mmmhhh... kinda... it's a little more to Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter.

heck Cerebrawl is even going to have destructible stages which that game had... [Shudders from the flash backs of the VAN combos...]

even assists calls have their own animations so it'll be much similar to the olden games than really SG...

like take a look at some footage of MSHvSF, speed it up and bam you've got the base of Cerebrawl right there.

my poor tired head it's 3 am and i think what i really want is a cyber akuma character for cerebrawl... :SSSSS

oh dear... i'm just going to draw that idea up and never show it to Eliot cause... JuJu. They know about JuJu... her death has had ripples.

Last edited:
CereBabes [Yes that is the official term for people in the Cerebrawl discord.]
I refuse to use this (terrible) term.
AGWrUNh.gif

i like Cereboobs more

well I'm sorry unless you have a better name this one is sticking.

Cerebrawlers?

Brawlers?

mmmmhhh... kinda has a WorldStar sound to it... idk.. poke Eliot about on twitter or something.

Hello again from Zero Dimension!

Last weekend we did the first public demo of Cerebrawl. It was a blast! As a thanks to you guys, we've decided to put out an early build. This is the Power of Play 2016 build (without the demo screen) in 1v1 mode. New UI, some new ground effects, and a WIP input display!

Full patch notes next week since there are still a few things we'd like to work out, but please take a look and tell us what you break on Discord so we can fix it!

Cheers,

Zero Dimension

NewBrawl.png

Last edited:
I thought the game looked ok. A few of Helen's normals looked pretty smooth...I guess it looked and played like a game that's 160 days into development. It doesn't really matter though, because the game wasn't really presented well.
With all of the really good fighting games out right now, why should I get excited about this one. Elliot didn't even seem excited about his own game. I'm not really sure what they were trying to demonstrate. There was nothing unique to show. It wasn't even interesting.
If I didn't know anything about the game (like the guy I was playing against), I would think this game is about 2 witches that fight each other...you punch and kick each other...oh wait apparently there's 4 witches. This guy walked up not knowing anything about fighting games, and he walked away not giving a shit about fighting games.
I'm gonna stop for now. I've got a plane to catch. Check out Boxfighter from Timepiece Games.

You know how Mike Z posted his little playlist of music for when he works on Indivisible?

Well look into the musical mind of 2Mello as he works on his music that helps him feel the beat of Cerebrawl~!

Oh and if you want guys right now on Cerebrawl's website they have their podcast out for EVERYONE to hear~! So listen how the crew are going to approach their next outing at EVO.

www.cerebrawl.in/downloads

WOlWqlj.jpg
I bid you a good night. or morning depending on how you look at it.

remember STREAM TONIGHT AT 7:30 pm PST!!! DON'T BE LATE!

Reactions: Gamrdogg
Swoop Here comes some general gameplay footage from @SkullMan

Thanks again man~
WTF is up with that input display? It moves so fast and displays five kicks at a time. Unless DMoney is pressing buttons that much and fast.

erm... yeah from the looks of things the input display needs a tiny bit of tweeking...

Yeah, the input display still needs some polish since each input I did made it appear five times. When I press something like LP+LK, they appear next to each other.

Why is that creepy witch strangely attractive.

Also it's looking up! Looks pretty good for like an early alpha.

Last edited:
yeah for a team of 6 people and 150 days in the alpha is slowly coming together. They really are aiming to make a complete demo with Helen when Evo/Pax Prime rolls around. It is a shame that they couldn't do to Combo Breaker and show case the game there, but... to be honest that's for the best. It's just not quite there in terms of grabbing people's attention. They need to add in the stage transitions, added effects on moves, continue hammering out the combo system, place in more tag team mechanics [It was noted that player 2 of a team really didn't do too much when playing in a team, so they need to find a way to make that part more active, most likely in the form of quick switching at the cost of meter so during combos you can tag out for some flashy juggles that either cause a ground bounce or a wall splat.]

sigh... there is a lot on their plate... you can follow it all on their trello page right here: https://trello.com/b/OgXoKtVq/cerebrawl

Reactions: No longer exist
sigh... Aaron is keeping his lips sealed. All he has said is that the bugs with combos randomly dropping and moves sometimes hitting multiple times has been fixed.

and something secret...

[I think I know what it is... but.... nah I'm not going to blab here, Aaron is poking around and I know it.]

But I would be cool if Cerebrawl somehow got onto the Z-Engine. SkullGirls unifying the indie fighters under one glorious banner~! The Rag Tag Team of Girls with Parasites, Ponies, and Freaks Transformed by an Imagination Bomb... sniff... it sounds too good to be true...

Reactions: SkullMan
The Z-engine will be the seed for mighty fighting games to grow from >:D

And I'm making a wild guess that the secret is finally getting TacKnight or Susan in the beta. A sheep can dream.

The Z-engine will be the seed for mighty fighting games to grow from >:D

And I'm making a wild guess that the secret is finally getting TacKnight or Susan in the beta. A sheep can dream.
mmmmmmmhhh... maybe.

*scratches nose*

maybe. They are planning to have Tag Team stuff ready for Evo so... you might be onto something.

A secret, eh? I can't wait to see what the team will have in store for us. I am glad they fix the combo and the multiple-hit bugs.

Well I leave you tonight with that secret floating over our heads.

I hope you enjoy yourself in the coming hours.

See you when the Pizza is here