• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

CPS2 styled themes for Skullgirls characters by Wizzywhipitwonderful

Wait, why was bella's taken down?

I really like that one too. Not sure why, but I get a megaman x vibe from it. Still wish the original one was up though.

I kinda prefer the old one. But this isn't bad either although I always thought a new arrangement would involve giving her a circus theme since she's from there.

Andy's theme is pretty awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: jam1220
I might as well say it now; Been following you since like 2 or 3 years now and I still love your jams. Seeing you pop up here and get a chance to be in a real game just goes to show how far you've come.

While we've never met it's pretty cool to see this happen and i'm pretty proud of ya.. but now I must come to ask a question you've probably answered a few times already

Why don't you ever have download links ;_;?

Since you are taking criticism, I guess I could give some on peacock.

The theme itself isn't bad but it is missing important aspects of her. You captured the mentally unstable aspect of her, but it sort of makes it out to seem like she is a bad person. Although she can seem overbearing with her crazy personality, she is a good person. I also feel like the theme is missing a big spect of her; her obsession with old style cartoons and videos games, since a large portion if her attacks are references them.

Last edited:
Wow these character theme tunes are great and can definitely get used to hearing them in the game.

Is there download link so I can download some of those tunes?

From what I've seen, no, but you can always use a Youtube to MP3 site.

I might upload and tag them all myself though if its okay with him.

Wow this theme gives me a juggernaut like feel. Fucking awesome.

Loving that Aeon theme X3

Oh lord. I needed this.

Why am I only discovering this thread now?

I am so out of tune with this forum...

Reactions: Makross
Just more and more great songs here...I really hope these can get into the game as unlockables.

heh could be interesting for Minette I'll admit....hmm I wonder what Adams them will sound like X3

Actually I'm probably one of the few looking forward to what gets made for Feng

Also damn Annie's sounds really good *w*

Annie's theme is really REALLY amazing because it contains a bit of the actual theme made for the Annie fangame.

Reactions: Denizen
Annie's theme is really REALLY amazing because it contains a bit of the actual theme made for the Annie fangame.
That was also my idea. I mentioned the Annie fangame to him, linked the theme, and posed that he might take "bits and pieces of the melody" for his own composition. [/ShamelesslyTakingCredit]

It looks like the original composer of the Annie of the Stars theme is cool with it, too, so I guess this worked out perfectly.

Reactions: DDB
HER GLORY FOREVER BE PRAISED.

@KikaiderKaiser
Excellent work but I would say it could use some elements that are reminiscent of her status as a celebrity lounge singer and perhaps make it a bit more ominous as she was originally designed to be a boss character. Just my humble opinion. (__)
EDIT: listening to it a few more times (the critique doesn't invalidate the fact that it is a really nice tune), I'd retract my statement about ominousness as the slow percussion kinda serves that purpose well.

In any case, I think your SG collection has been visibly improving in terms of diversity and melody. Black Dahlia's in particular has become a personal favorite. Kudos.

Last edited:
Reactions: WrestlerGuile
@Chaos - Kill All Instinct provided a blueprint, and I followed it correctly. They got the credit they deserve, and we got a fabulous theme!

@Balder - Thanks! I acutally started to leave the percussion out, and now hearing that from you I know it would sound much better. A synth vox should give this composition the lift that it needs.

@Immaevilspacewhale - Awesome video! I must've taken the wrong approach with that theme; this statement is what had given me my direction:

"One, a once-proud warrior known for her brute strength in close combat; the other a silent assassin who specialized in ranged weapons for her kills. Together as one, Fukua possesses the best of both specialties..." (From Skullgirls Wiki)

@Error Macro - That's one of my favorites; it definitely gives off that "Dominatrix" feel.

Heheh I still like the Fukua theme! I think Q's is really spooky and mysterious, which fits Fukua, being a new character and such.

I like Fukua, Filia, Parasoul, and Squigs themes.

Why the fuck this isn't news already?

Also damn Annie's sounds really good *w*
It looks like the original composer of the Annie of the Stars theme is cool with it, too, so I guess this worked out perfectly.
KikaiderKaiser credited me first thing out of the gate, so there was never any cause for concern on my part. It's not like he's taking money out of my pocket.

Why the fuck this isn't news already?
Simple answer? It's not news. If Mike were to, say, put these all into the game, then it would be news.

To draw a direct parallel: Skullmageddon's fan art, no matter how good, wasn't given a news article, because it's not news. When he drew frames for Fukua that were then included in the game, that got a news post, because it is news.

Edited first post to be hyperlinks instead of embeds.

It was lagging like crazy.
A playlist would be wonderful. I was going to but I think @KikaiderKaiser himself should put one on his channel

Simple answer? It's not news. If Mike were to, say, put these all into the game, then it would be news.

To draw a direct parallel: Skullmageddon's fan art, no matter how good, wasn't given a news article, because it's not news. When he drew frames for Fukua that were then included in the game, that got a news post, because it is news.
That's a shame, since the guy can use the exposure. But doesn't matter, already shared on social media.

That's a shame, since the guy can use the exposure. But doesn't matter, already link it on social media.
Well, that's what you guys are for, spreading the music you like :)

The news section shouldn't just be a dumping ground for art or music the mods like, though. I'd like to think we use it for actual Skullgirls news.

Are you claiming everything Annie-related isn't news or something?

Annie's theme is almost too good. Gonna listen to the other ones later, but wow I'm impressed by the energy in Annie's theme. Lots of MvC1 Megaman in there. The only cps2 theme to rival this energy is Filia's.

Reactions: ClarenceMage
The news section shouldn't just be a dumping ground for art or music the mods like, though. I'd like to think we use it for actual Skullgirls news.
Well, with the Spotlight tag, we can do periodic (or random) roundups of fan created things, like art or music or... like, those little cat things Nekro made, or like that Eliza statue, or that 3d model of Eliza. Almost like a "Fan Art Friday", or the Community section on the Mighty Number 9 kickstarter, or what have you. 's long as it isn't overwhelmingly often it probably wouldn't be too bad.

I love how Beowulf's theme is both inspirational and intimidating at times.