• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Spotlight Custom palette tier available for Peacock, Painwheel, Double, Beo, and Robo Fortune (VERY ltd qty)

Cool!

So what can you guys do with an extra $3200 in your pockets? I hope you guys go out to get something really nice to eat or something

Cool!

So what can you guys do with an extra $3200 in your pockets? I hope you guys go out to get something really nice to eat or something
McDonalds.

Lots.

Of McDonalds.

Reactions: erkicman
Updated the OP to indicate that the Peacock palette has been claimed.

Cool!

It's more than likely that some people will upgrade from whatever tier they donated at initially, so it won't be a full $3200. And we're not sure, but some of it will definitely go to our palette guy, since the brunt of the work in implementing these will be on him. :P

That's a very nice thing of you to suggest, though!

Damn. Wish I had $400 for the Spiral-cock palette.

@render is there anyway to contact you for purchase aside from PMs on the forum, like email?

haha uhh I can just PM you my email address...?

Why do you have to do this 4 days after the first of the month paycheck. :(
this

I'll gladly pay you next Thursday for a palette today :^)

Reactions: Covenant
@d3v - Oh, now I get why you wanted to know if there was another way to contact us about the palettes. This is why, right?

If so, then you can mention that people can contact us at info[at]labzerogames[dot]com, but I'm a little wary of putting up an email address on a post like that since that usually means we'll get a ton of spam.

Curse my poverty and unemployment, I have to wait and hope for Gurren Lagann Robo!Fortune like the rest of the powerless peasants.

It's cool of L0 to do this, though.

I have a question that I don't know the answer to, and which is sure to cost us money (ha):
If 4 $100-tier people got together, assuming 4 people can agree on a color, could they buy one without any extra cash?

I honestly don't know what to say there, so perhaps the answer is only one IGG backer tier upgrade per palette...?

Lessee how many of these palettes are gonna just look good instead of being ugly reference to bad animes which plain don't fit the character
Prediction: 0

Don't disappoint me pls, @Verdant Brave ;_;

I have a question that I don't know the answer to, and which is sure to cost us money (ha):
If 4 $100-tier people got together, assuming 4 people can agree on a color, could they buy one without any extra cash?

I honestly don't know what to say there, so perhaps the answer is only one IGG backer tier upgrade per palette...?
I'm really confused

If that worked, a $500-tier guy could just go and claim a palette

The 4 100$-tier guys got a lot of things which aren't part of the 400$-tier (eg the game four times instead of just once), and as such obviously can't just say "well we paid 400$ together!".

Reactions: zarkingphoton
@d3v - Oh, now I get why you wanted to know if there was another way to contact us about the palettes. This is why, right?

If so, then you can mention that people can contact us at info[at]labzerogames[dot]com, but I'm a little wary of putting up an email address on a post like that since that usually means we'll get a ton of spam.
Well, in that case, we'll just continue to redirect them here then.

I think it's my personal duty to pay for a Dix Neuf Robo-Fortune. Or a Nono. Decisions decisions.

Reactions: KhaosMuffins
You should make the palletes something shitty.
like everyones waifu.

You mean you're not gonna just make all of them Annie palettes?

Maaaaaaaan the last Peacock one is gone, RIP me

I sent a PM to render. This is how I contact for paying for a costume right?

What do you think about an Alex palette from 3rd strike for Beo? I'm just thinkin' if it would look good

Last edited:
But that palette is based off Umbrella

Umbrella doesn't have blue-green eyes. For what I know it's kinda both. Double has the pure Umbrella palette

Also it's been said a pair of times that this thread is not a request palette thread. I'm sure people who are willing to give $400 know pretty well what they want. Your advice is not needed

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Peacock (1) SOLD
Painwheel (2)
Double (2)
Beowulf (1)
Robo Fortune (2)

I find it interesting a Peacock palette was sold. She already has 22, a maximum that I think all characters are pulling towards. Maybe she's going up to 23 (a new maximum?), or some color will be replaced?

Palette Scoreboard:
Big Band - 22
Cerebella - 22
Double - 21
Eliza - 22
Filia - 22
Fukua - 20
Ms. Fortune - 22
Painwheel - 20
Parasoul - 22
Peacock - 22
Squigly - 22
Valentine - 22

As expected, it seems Fukua, a bonus character replete with clever clone colors, will not be joining the 22 club.

Reactions: Huesoman
Well I already donated 300, my birthday is Nov 16... who wants to lend 100 for that red lantern Painwheel?

I'd say it wouldn't count since they're already backers. It'd be a different story compared to 4 people pooling together 400 bucks to get one of these new slots.

Peacock (1) SOLD
Painwheel (2)
Double (2)
Beowulf (1)
Robo Fortune (2)

As expected, it seems Fukua, a bonus character replete with clever clone colors, will not be joining the 22 club.
All I noticed is that I feel kinda sad for Carol.

;_;

Uh oh. I'm assuming you snagged one of the robo fortunes? Means only one is left. Hopefully someone pools in with me, or no one takes the other before I can grab it on my own.

I find it interesting a Peacock palette was sold. She already has 22, a maximum that I think all characters are pulling towards. Maybe she's going up to 23 (a new maximum?), or some color will be replaced?

Aren't you assuming 22 is the number everyone is planned to end up with? the number of colors everyone gets could be 24 or 25. That would explain why they're accepting backers for Peacock but not Bella/Eliza/everyone else, because they have another color they are about to get. Could also signify that Fukua's getting some new colors soon.

Though it could also simply mean that not everyone will have the same number of colors.

Fukua may not be a part of the 22 club... but she sure is a part of the mile high club

*Drill of my dream's self to space*

on-topic I love this and always am embracing of new palettes <3

Ohohohoho, this is amazing. If I wasn't a broke-ass college student I'd be all over that Kamina Palette for Beowulf.
Kamina Beowulf is the only way.
Kamina or Zubaz Beowulf. If only I had a little more money.

I would gladly shell out 400 clams in a heartbeat just to play as Kamina Beowulf, but my wallet contains only a hundred..
It finally came to this... Time to be a man of the night

I would gladly shell out 400 clams in a heartbeat just to play as Kamina Beowulf, but my wallet contains only a hundred..
It finally came to this... Time to be a man of the night
If only you each had one hundred and pooled your assets.

To clarify, the reason Beo has 1 slot available and Robo Fortune has 2 slots available is because people who donated during the campaign already chose those characters for their custom palettes, but not the max of 4. 3 people requested Beo, and 2 people requested Robo Fortune.

Also, I'm going to update the OP stop discouraging people from openly talking about palettes they'd like to see. I was just worried that people would start specifically asking Lab Zero to make certain palettes.

Awh dammit, I want in, but the message center/conversations keeps rejecting my message saying it's got spam-like elements. D:

EDIT: No wait, there it went. Just had to mash it out, I guess. Had me scared.

Yes. Assuming you are requesting a color that is still available and nobody beat you with the pay confirms then contacting render is how you pay.

Awh dammit, I want in, but the message center/conversations keeps rejecting my message saying it's got spam-like elements. D:
Can you screenshot the rejection notice? I assume this probably happened because of your low post count and how random the spam bot protection can be. Anyway if all else fails you could probably contact Render directly via info[at]labzerogames[dot]com as an alternative communication method since he mentions that earlier in the thread.

Robo Fortune (2) CLAIMED

RIP me. I was trying to split the cost and everything.

My head hurts. Can we get some kind of Skullheart award for this kind of thing?
Who said I was requesting it? All I said was I would love it, and I know your trying to be funny or whatever but your kinda rude

Reactions: Huesoman
Who said I was requesting it? All I said was I would love it, and I know your trying to be funny or whatever but your kinda rude
You were pretty obviously requesting it by posting that in this thread, you're just arguing semantics.