• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Spotlight Custom palette tier available for Peacock, Painwheel, Double, Beo, and Robo Fortune (VERY ltd qty)

You were pretty obviously requesting it by posting that in this thread, you're just arguing semantics.
I didn't say I wanted to request it.

I didn't say I wanted to request it.
I am sorry that you cannot understand context, or implication, or in general the way that human beings communicate with one another, or quote tags. I imagine that must make many things difficult for you.

I am sorry that you cannot understand context, or implication, or in general the way that human beings communicate with one another, or quote tags. I imagine that must make many things difficult for you.
What are talking about, I NEVER said anything about requesting one!

Let me make it clear because some people don't know how to communicate with other human beings. I don't want to request a pallete.

I take it that changing existing pallets is off the table?

Drop this argument now it's at the point that it would be derailing the thread debating over semantics.

This, please. I revised the OP. No need to harp on ink_deer OR ANYONE for just openly saying it'd be nice to see a specific palette. All I was trying to do was discourage people from turning the thread into a place where they asked Lab Zero to please please please please make the palette they wanted for the character that we're not even offering a slot for. There are existing threads for that.

I take it that changing existing pallets is off the table?

Uhh, what? I mean, yes, it's off the table, unless you specifically already had a palette made and you have a really good reason for wanting us to alter it. If that's the case, then you should PM me about it since this isn't really the place to discuss such a thing.

Hope the chosen palettes don't look like shit...

=/ It's subjective anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: erkicman
@render

Sorry if that came off as a bit mean. I am not really a fan of a lot of the palettes put into skullgirls by people. I know they paid for them, so they have the right to. Doesn't mean I can't be critical about them lol

Don't mind me.

Hope the chosen palettes don't look like shit...
So no brown Double Palettes then.
For those who may post about palletes anyway, maybe linking directly to The Palette Thread in the first post would help? This would hopefully also avoid redudant threads in case anyone here decides to make another thread about palettes.

A message to the guy who got the Beo Pallete:...

Please, for the sake of humanity. Please let it be a Kenshiro Pallete

Anyone have any ideas for Painwheel colors?
Were you the one who got a painwheel palette? Hmm. She's a tough one to think of a palette for. First thing that came to my head was the Pink Knight from castle crashers. Don't know why but it would be funny.

Anyone have any ideas for Painwheel colors?
Painwheel's tough. Her mask looks like Jack Skellington's head, but that would end up really close to 15. Jun (Gatchaman) or Nene (Bubblegum Crisis) would finally give her a pink pallet. Maybe blue, white, and gold could be used creatively to make an angelic pallet that contrasts with the normal dark, scary PW? All I can come up with.

I was too slow. All hope of playing as Tom of Toonami are dead. :'(

I was too slow. All hope of playing as Tom of Toonami are dead. :'(
I would have pooled my money for a Tom Robo Fortune. Oh well.

Lessee how many of these palettes are gonna just look good instead of being ugly reference to bad animes which plain don't fit the character
Prediction: 0
Oh, god, this so much. This, goddamn this. Please, people. Please consider just making an original palette that looks cool. Just consider it before you inevitably decide on some garish scheme straight out of Naruto or whatever the weebs are watching these days.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
WOW @ THE CYNICAL PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD.

You will never ever have a fighting game where 100% of the palettes are to your liking. This is an opportunity for some people to ensure that there is a palette that's exactly to their liking.

Full disclosure: I don't like all of the custom palettes in Skullgirls. Hell, I don't even like some of the ones WE MADE OURSELVES. It's just personal taste.

Not aimed at anyone specifically, but I'm seeing the same passive aggressive shit here toward specific backer groups like in the old IGG threads.

People who spend their own money on this are entitled to put in whatever appropriate color scheme they want. Unless you pooled your money with the people who bought the tiers, you have next to no say in what gets put in the game.

It is fine to offer suggestions/advice to people especially for those who asked for it, but don't badger them by belittling their choices and shoving your own style tastes down their throat because god forbid maybe they actually like that animu stuff or whatever that appeals to them. You wonder why most of the confirmed buyers have yet to come here and say "hey guess what I'm putting x design in".

It is fine not to like their design, but please don't pretend whatever alternative you have planned is the correct answer in a condescending fashion.

Oh, god, this so much. This, goddamn this. Please, people. Please consider just making an original palette that looks cool. Just consider it before you inevitably decide on some garish scheme straight out of Naruto or whatever the weebs are watching these days.
ibjXDSXWs0XWmK.png

^ Lab Zero palette

Reactions: Kongk4
Why people get so bent outta shape about a set of colored pixels?

It's comparabe to unusual hats in tf2 (which cost about the same I might add) .They might not match up with the artstyle 100% of the time, but it's not like you are required to use them.

Skullgirls is still skullgirls at the end of the day. It's not a different game just because we have a fluttershy palette.

That's not exactly caused by the palettes? We are video game players, we were out of shape to begin with.

#PaletteGate
#NotAllSkullfans
#WeebsAreRuiningTheGame
#TropesVsSkullgirls

Painwheel11.png

But you get the point

You may wanna consider changing her spine-thing to look like one of Majora's Wrath's whips, but I can get behind this. Someone fund this. Or start a group thing for it.

Only one Double and one Painwheel left. Wow, these colors went quick. This is why I need to have emergency nerd money stockpiled.

Will we be able to know what the palettes are soon?

Probably not until they're added to the game, which for Robo Fortune will probably be longer than anyone else. We anticipate these new IGG colors will be added when Beowulf is officially released (i.e. not when he's added to the Beta).

Reactions: ink_deer
Will we be able to know what the paletteys are soon?
Probably when either

1. Buyer decides to specifically mention what the design is here.

or

2. When it eventually drops first on PC.