• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Dec 5, 2014] Northeast Championships 15 (NEC) (Essington, PA.)

I AM OMW-ING SO HARD RIGHT NOW.
2173.gif

YOU CAN'T EVEN MEASURE THE HYPE RIGHT NOW.

STROBE WING.gif
"yeah man, it's pretty hype, i guess."-WingZero 2014

LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Last edited:
So wait, you telling me we getting stream time, with a big turnout, and getting some legit hype going on here?
tumblr_mkhjxgRUcR1s9s881o1_500.png

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
We got a stream.

We got enough dudes for like a quintuple major.

We got a weather forecast of rain not snow.

We got that Mahvel hype, without all the dicks.

3FX1y0z.gif

Last edited:
I'll be getting in on Saturday, in the morning.

So other than Bella Ball, any exhibitions you guys want to see?

2v2 teams, 3v3 teams? Some State vs Some State? MM's I assume of some type will happen on my end because i'm an idiot. Let me know what ya guys want.

When's 2v2 Typing of the Skullgirls?

When's 2v2 Typing of the Skullgirls?
PUT ME ON THAT TEAM. BRINGING KEYBOARD NOW.

YES MY EFFORTS IN GETTING SG STREAM TIME FROM ALL THE BEGGING HEARTFELT MESSAGES TO BIG E IS PAYING OFF!
https://twitter.com/BigENec/status/539523273034579968

SonicFox is the hero we need, the light in the darkness, the bacon in the fridge.

This makes this even more important: DO NOT LET WHAT HAPPENED AT SUMMERJAM HAPPEN HERE. If the SG community screws up now, everyone's gonna see.

Reactions: SonicFox
SonicFox is the hero we need, the light in the darkness, the bacon in the fridge.

This makes this even more important: DO NOT LET WHAT HAPPENED AT SUMMERJAM HAPPEN HERE. If the SG community screws up now, everyone's gonna see.
what happened again? Was it no shows or something?

Uhhhh what DID happen at Summer Jam

Wow you guys don't remember what happened at Summer Jam?
Youuuu know what happened

idk what happened

East Coast people, who is leaving on Sunday by car? Just curious. If there is any room, it would be greatly appreciated. I CAN buy a train ticket back, but they are expensive. If anyone can let me know by Thursday (Wednesday preferable) that would be great.
@Zidiane @DaydreamingSorc @Natezer

@WarpedEcho - I've been contemplating just sacking up and driving down on Sunday for the day, in which case I would have room, I'm not sure of the other guys' plans

This tournament is only on Sunday right? Sign-ups from 10:30am-11:30am, spectator pass + entry fee can all be purchased at the door?

Reactions: WarpedEcho
what happened again? Was it no shows or something?

and what happened at summerjam?

Uhhhh what DID happen at Summer Jam

Wow you guys don't remember what happened at Summer Jam?
Youuuu know what happened

idk what happened

Basically, BigE took the "painstaking" effort to put "Skull Girls" on the list of games for Summerjam. Keninblack was supposed to run the tournament there, but something important came up and he couldn't make it. But that wasn't the problem, these things happen and there's nothing you can do. The problem was that nobody in the community stepped up to fill his shoes, the chain of command collapsed completely, nobody showed up for the SG tournament, and there was no tournament. It was painful to watch. Err... not watch.

If anyone needed concrete proof that Skullgirls is dead at majors, if BigE needed a concrete reason to not enable pre-registration for SG at his tournaments, this was it. But Valentine's lvl5 can bring the dead back to life...

Basically, BigE took the "painstaking" effort to put "Skull Girls" on the list of games for Summerjam. Keninblack was supposed to run the tournament there, but something important came up and he couldn't make it. But that wasn't the problem, these things happen and there's nothing you can do. The problem was that nobody in the community stepped up to fill his shoes, the chain of command collapsed completely, nobody showed up for the SG tournament, and there was no tournament. It was painful to watch. Err... not watch.

If anyone needed concrete proof that Skullgirls is dead at majors, if BigE needed a concrete reason to not enable pre-registration for SG at his tournaments, this was it. But Valentine's lvl5 can bring the dead back to life...
I'm not at all worried about that scenario for NEC. There's a lot of people going who have TO experience, so if kenin can't make it for whatever reason, someone else will be able to do it.

Reactions: erkicman
@WarpedEcho - I've been contemplating just sacking up and driving down on Sunday for the day, in which case I would have room, I'm not sure of the other guys' plans

This tournament is only on Sunday right? Sign-ups from 10:30am-11:30am, spectator pass + entry fee can all be purchased at the door?
yessir!

East Coast people, who is leaving on Sunday by car? Just curious. If there is any room, it would be greatly appreciated. I CAN buy a train ticket back, but they are expensive. If anyone can let me know by Thursday (Wednesday preferable) that would be great.
@Zidiane @DaydreamingSorc @Natezer

I'm riding solo so I can getchu for a ride. I think I pass by that way anyways.

Reactions: WarpedEcho
I would have helped with SG 100000% if UNIB hadn't gotten god damn 86 entrants for some damn reason.

Reactions: Blaise
Okay so @dMags or @DaydreamingSorc , I am officially relying on one of you to get back. I will pay gas and food money for the way back. I'm serious about this, I need the ride. Please don't leave me hanging once everything gets going, as I literally will not have planned for anything else. Thanks!

Okay so @dMags or @DaydreamingSorc , I am officially relying on one of you to get back. I will pay gas and food money for the way back. I'm serious about this, I need the ride. Please don't leave me hanging once everything gets going, as I literally will not have planned for anything else. Thanks!

Well, seeing as how at this point dMags and I may very well be riding down together, you may get us both lol. That aside though, I'm not one to make a commitment and back out, so if I said I'll get you home, you'll get home.

So I may bring my n64 to this with smash 64. People would have to bring controllers though, and other games might be cool too.

If we can get some kind of confirmation of stream time I can mention it at Salty and in a Steam note.

I am super looking forward to this.
Wing is going to stomp EVERYONE. I just installed fresh batteries and cleaned all his servos.

So I may bring my n64 to this with smash 64. People would have to bring controllers though, and other games might be cool too.
AAAYYYY!!! If I show up, I'm probably bringing a game cube and NES. Will also bring 2 N64 controllers. Any specific games you're looking for?

AAAYYYY!!! If I show up, I'm probably bringing a game cube and NES. Will also bring 2 N64 controllers. Any specific games you're looking for?

Any multi player games are good really. Oh man a cube? I wanted to get some melee in I'm so hyped.

In that case, it's your job to bring game cube controllers. I only have 1 and I kinda don't wanna share it. I should be there all day Sunday, we'll see about Saturday.

In that case, it's your job to bring game cube controllers. I only have 1 and I kinda don't wanna share it. I should be there all day Sunday, we'll see about Saturday.

yeah gamecube controllers shouldn't be a problem since smash 4 will be there

Now whenever anyone mentions servos, I'm thinking 5 nights at freddy's.
5 Matches at Wingzero's Winging World

Thank goodness someone thought of this. I was worried all we'd have to play would be Skullgirls.

HAH, jokes on you guys, I'm bringing my old gameboy advanced with Pokemon Crystal.

Looking for my Aliens Vs Predator emulator now.

Reactions: Mr. X
I would have helped with SG 100000% if UNIB hadn't gotten god damn 86 entrants for some damn reason.
U N I E L B O Y S

Reactions: Fosh