• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Dec 8, 2017] SALTY! Friday Weeklies @ Game Realms (Burbank, CA)

20th. See you bums there! Oh and what time did we want to run things?

Early enough for me to fully participate I hope.
(Unless it's a no entry fee tournament like usual Salty's are I don't mind when I don't pay.)

I won't be able to get there until 7 or 8, but you don't have to make any accommodations for me.

Does 9pm sound alright (to run the tourney)? Objections?

Last edited:
So long as it isn't 2AM when the tourney is over I'll live. I dunno how you guys stay up so late but sure as hell can't do it.

So long as it isn't 2AM when the tourney is over I'll live. I dunno how you guys stay up so late but sure as hell can't do it.
How are you more middle-aged than I am?

Reactions: SmashBlade
Not all of us get to eat rainbows to keep our youth

Secretly I'm a 54 year old in the guise of a 20 year old.

(I dunno a lot of people older than me ask that and I don't have an answer I was born sleepy or something.)

Uh anyway, I'm not sure I can plan things two weeks in advance but I'll likely be there.

Time to fight buttons for Horchata .

Will there be an entry fee? or we just doing a free tournament like usual?

@Zidiane @worldjem @Midiman
Since Rance doesn't pay any attention here anymore, is there some way to give Shin or Stuff or me the ability to edit the first post, or have Midiman do it?
It'd be nice if the date were updated to be whenever the next Salty will be each week, like the Rebel Up thread is.

According to that flyer SG is at 9PM tomorrow, Saturday, Dec 20th.

(I really wish people would at least spell the game's name right...)

Will there be an entry fee? or we just doing a free tournament like usual?
The venue fee will be $10 that day since it's ongoing till noon the next day ALSO PIZZA WILL BE PROVIDED I'm gonna talk to whoever is on duty and see if we can get that organized this time instead of some guy walking off with all the boxes so we actually get some this time. The tourney can be free if we want it to? I imagine that is up to us. Most people probably won't wanna pay $X on top of the $10, so I'm leaning towards free.

Show up earlier if you want to participate in other games. I'm gonna try and get there around 4pm-ish myself.

I can't even afford the $10 lol. Have fun guys.

(I'll see if I can find some money lying around)

@Zidiane
Since Rance doesn't pay any attention here anymore, is there some way to give Shin or Stuff or me the ability to edit the first post, or have Midiman do it?
I am not actually a mod anymore. I haven't been one for like... a year?

Oh yeah, who wants White Rabbit?

Probably no one since pizza is already being provided.

A bunch of us are visiting Bang Camaro and render drove, so I have no idea when we'll actually be there.
But I guarantee you want to wait for this version to have the tournament hahahahahahah.
I also guarantee that if you do that you want it to be free hahahahahahah.

A bunch of us are visiting Bang Camaro and render drove, so I have no idea when we'll actually be there.
But I guarantee you want to wait for this version to have the tournament hahahahahahah.
I also guarantee that if you do that you want it to be free hahahahahahah.
MIKE
MIKE
YOU'RE KILLING ME WITH ANXIETY MIKE

A crazy update? Oh look money fell down from the sky! I wonder what this update will be. Guess I'll have to go and find out.

I'll make sure to edit the thread when I'm near a computer.

UGC is cool as usual, and superjump was worth the hypaloons.

Have we confirmed whether or not we're going here for the following weeks?

We're running a thing on Saturday 12/27 @ 5pm PST

Skullgirls
Vampire Savior
Guilty Gear

Whatever else people want to run but definitely those three games.

Tell spread the word, yo! We gonna mash in a couple days!

I don't think we should make this recurring until we know for sure but I did change the date for people who should be watching out for it!

EDIT: Not making this a recurring displayed event, that's all. I ain't got no control over anything else

Last edited:
Oh yeah, forgot to ask.

Who wants White Rabbit?

(Always stopping by the White Rabbit.)

This is supposed to happen today, so I'll set it to recurring and whatnot until it changes again.

This is supposed to happen today, so I'll set it to recurring and whatnot until it changes again.
Ah dammit, i didnt see the thread update the dates, wasnt sure when the next event was going on.(who knows when rebel-up is coming back)

Welp, maybe next time

I know this is probably a shot in the dark but is anyone driving up from Socal and willing to carpool? I'd obviously chip in heavily for the inconvenience.

At least giving the city you live in would help, buddy.
Really just like a general area or something would really help.

My bad it's Escondido. Yeah i guess i really should've included it. I suppose I just really didn't expect a reply.

Last edited:
That's way too far south for me sorry I drive around from the Fontana area.

My bad, yeah i guess i really should've included it. I suppose I just really didn't expect a reply.
Escondido
Yikes! I don't think we have anyone that comes from that area.

ALSO hey show up tonight maybe ya!

Last edited:
Up in the air. Someone needs to put a date down.

If we do get something next week, I hope it's on a Saturday, so that I don't have to worry about work the next day.

January 24th, ARC Divide: Renewal

This will be a fairly regular tournament series at UGC and there will be an effort to not have this conflict with Rebel Up and any other local/major tournaments with the same games.

Venue Fee

$10

Main Games

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PS3) - $3
Skullgirls Encore (PS3)- $3
Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Plus R (PS3) - Free
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (PS3) - Free
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3) - Free
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late (PS3) - Free
Mystery Game (?) - Free

Side Tournaments

VSav (UD CPS2 or PS3) - $1
More TBA

Schedule

2PM - Casuals
4PM - BBCP
6PM - GG+R
7PM - Skullgirls
8PM - P4AU/UNIEL/VSav
10PM - Xrd
12AM - Mystery Game

Payouts

70/20/10

Streams

ASW Games: twitch.tv/Jyosua
All Other Games: twitch.tv/UGClive

Contacts

https://twitter.com/Jyosua
https://twitter.com/WeeabooNinja

Setups

There are a decent number of monitors available, but bringing PS3s with the games (UNIEL, Xrd, BBCP, P4AU, etc.) are needed. I'll see what we need and I'll notify people here and on twitter and SG IRC if we need volunteers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Midiman
not beta in that tournament then eh

This friday, we've got Salty Cupcakes! happening at UGC starting at 7-8PM.

Get ready to get upset and dunk some hoops

Who's making the cupcakes?