• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Dragon's Crown

Well folks, just wanted to let you know the patch is live.

Much respect to Atlus and Vanillaware for constantly trying to improve the product. Shows they care and take pride in their work.

EDIT: aaaaand platinumed. How? A Wizard did it, of course! Nuked some shrooms, aka "Legendary Cop-Out".
Side note, Dragon's Crown is my 7th platinum Trophy and also my 700th trophy overall. Lucky 7 indeed.

Anyway, the interface changes are a godsend.

Last edited:
DC_crossplay.jpg

It's about time. I'm so happy for this addition.

Dragon's Crown is the gift that keeps on giving.

Last edited:
Well folks, just wanted to let you know the patch is live.

Much respect to Atlus and Vanillaware for constantly trying to improve the product. Shows they care and take pride in their work.

EDIT: aaaaand platinumed. How? A Wizard did it, of course! Nuked some shrooms, aka "Legendary Cop-Out".
Side note, Dragon's Crown is my 7th platinum Trophy and also my 700th trophy overall. Lucky 7 indeed.

Anyway, the interface changes are a godsend.
Tip on eating all the food trophy? I could have sworn I've eaten them all, but I guess I need to run off a checklist.

Tip on eating all the food trophy? I could have sworn I've eaten them all, but I guess I need to run off a checklist.

Man this is going to be a pain in the ass to get, didn't know I actually had to lose to the Red Dragon for another set.

To be honest the Platinum isn't that hard to obtain.

Zeriam already put up a guide but I basically got it by playing a lot and chiefly, by the rest of the party leaving which in turn left me to stuff myself with whatever I wanted. In which case, if you run "2 laps" of the map solo, it's a piece of cake to get almost everything.
The two biggest issues would be:
1) Red Dragon because the RD meat is a one time deal so you can only cook one dish with it;
2) Chicken. Surprisingly, the most mundane ingredient in the game is also the rarest. I got it a grand total of ONCE through all my map runs and it was what awarded me the Gourmand Trophy. There's a much higher chance of it popping up in the Labyrinth camps. The video explains we have to let the RD fall off but I hauled ass from it more than one time and nothing...

And I just realized: if you run away from the RD, you get chicken. Is the game trying to say something?
Because the game does have a history of subliminal insulting. Here's a true story:
>solo Kraken quest with Ehrfu;
>can't kill it on time and it runs off;
>the 3 pieces of treasure I got on that stage read "EAD".
That's really mature, Dragon's Crown. -_-"

Since the subject of camp popped up, you'll forgive this little venting of mine but...some people got no goddamned manners!
Maybe it's just me but I feel there ought to be some basic non-written laws of courtesy, namely:
1) Don't steal other people's food;
2) Don't put your unseasoned, overcooked shit in other people's plates;
3) (still unsure) If you didn't help killing it, you don't get to eat it. Put that Killer Rabbit down!
/rant

To be honest the Platinum isn't that hard to obtain.
It's more of a exercise in patience.

Pardon the cheeky double post but just wanted to let anyone unaware know that the Cross Play patch is now live.
It also brings a few extra commodities like the welcome option to disable NPCs from joining.

Zeriam put it perfectly - Dragon's Crown is the gift that keeps on giving.
Now if it would give me Cleric and Dark Elf DLC classes, I'd be a very happy adventurer. :3

EDIT: there's a Roundup Trailer too!

And a couple of observations from my just finished map run with Amazon.
- Enemies drop a LOT more food when defeated now. I'd say in 5 defeated, 2 drop food.
- The cool down period to recover the weapon after it has been forcibly knocked off your hands no longer exists.

Last edited:
What would you guys say is the best character for people who are relatively new to the game, the characters I enjoy playing the most so far are Elf, Fighter and Wizard.

What would you guys say is the best character for people who are relatively new to the game.
Amazon
Strong, fast, can both block and evade, arguably the best air attack in the game, ridiculous DPS rate and can have ranged attacks if you invest in Neck Breaker. Will finish anything, even stuff she don't start. :3

It's really as the game sells them: melee classes are the more beginner friendly and the others are more difficult to use usually by combination of poor defense, weapons that break quickly and requiring team mates to have their back.

I dunno, spellcasters usually carry 2-3 staves around. If anyone has to worry about their weapon breaking, it's the Elf. Shooting arrows far too often will get that bow broken QUICK.

I whole-heartedly agree with you there. I carry two weapons in every bag of all builds I got but Elf certainly suffers the most, part of why I try to make sure every bag also has a piece of equipment with minus item degradation effect.
I should add I tend to treat that bow like a bleepin' machine gun so it's little wonder each bow lasts 2 stages at most. -_-"
In any case, unlike the Expert characters, the melee folk can usually do a map run with one bag.

Last edited:
Yeah but Dwarf gets boring rather quickly.

If only his damage came more from the throws and not just repeatedly power smashing...

I dunno, spellcasters usually carry 2-3 staves around. If anyone has to worry about their weapon breaking, it's the Elf. Shooting arrows far too often will get that bow broken QUICK.

That's why you upgrade the backstabber & Dagger capacity abilities. It saves time. I only use arrows when I'm at the boss.

I've been playing it lately, doing random LoC runs with my other builds (already cleared it with Amazon).
This is a good way to try the main game again. After reaching Lv99, it really doesn't offer any challenge.

Anyway, now that I finished my quest to have everything in every bag be Lv99 S-rank platinum...I gotta replace it with Lv255 S-rank platinum. This game will enslave me for the rest of my natural life. (ºAº)
On that note, I REALLY wished the armory had more room.

When's Dark Elf?
When's Cleric?

when's little ma-wait...shit wrong thread

when's Lancer

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/20/fifth-dragons-crown-update-coming-north-america/

[Bug Fixes]
Gameplay stability is improved.

[New Features]
Clearing the ninth layer in the Labyrinth of Chaos unlocks a new “Ultimate” difficulty level. This difficulty can be selected at the Temple.
When in Ultimate difficulty, a new randomly generated dungeon named the “Tower of Mirages” is added.
Ultimate difficulty raises the level cap from LV 99 to LV 255.
Item shortcuts can now be assigned and used separately by holding L1 and the Up directional button.
Damage values can now be displayed as a running total instead of per-hit.
To help increase player character visibility, characters can be shown with transparencies when they are on top of one another. This feature is available in the Options menu and can be toggled on or off.
Save files that have cleared Story mode can skip the first quests leading to the Talisman collection when creating a new character.
Guild Quests that have already been cleared may now be skipped in subsequent playthroughs.

[Feature Modifications]
Character class skills have received a number of adjustments.
NPC behavior has been adjusted.
Rules and effects regarding equipment, items, and skills in the Colosseum have been adjusted.
Other tuning and minor improvements to various gameplay elements have been made.

Atlus say this is the final update that will be made to Dragon's Crown.

Dark Elf...Cleric...you were but distant dreams now banished by the cruel morning light. T_T

was a playable Dark Elf supposed to be a thing?
if everyone started playing a Dark Elf, wouldnt it kinda ruin the lore that they are a group strictly meant to be on their own and rarely seen?

I just kinda wish there were more playable characters. :( Would add so much more replay value.

if everyone started playing a Dark Elf, wouldnt it kinda ruin the lore that they are a group strictly meant to be on their own and rarely seen?
One Dark Elf per party rule. BOOM! Problem solved. :3

Really, Dark Elf would be a legit add. Make her focused on mounts like giving her mount summons as a item skill with passive abilities to increase a mount's HP and knockdown resistance and maybe even new mount moves.
The others I'd love to have are Cleric and Barbarian.
Cleric being the warrior nun from the Sanctuary. The subversion alone would be brilliant. Class is named Cleric and you get a nun. Give her the classic Mace & Buckler combo and perhaps make her a spell character like Sorceress/Wizard only that she performs Miracles to buff or heal the party.
And Barbarian being Roland, of course. IMHO, it should be a Longsword character focused on counters and parries (but can't block).
And to balance things add the Thief. Mayhap make his perk about getting items from stunned enemies (he could have smoke bombs!).

Well, we can cling to the hopes that "last patch" doesn't include DLC.

Anyway, have you guys tried out the Tower yet? It's AMAZING what Vanillaware did with just 20Mb.
The melee characters can now throw their weapons, which I'm having too much fun with.
Bosses and enemies have new attacks or new patterns. Some A path bosses are REALLY hard now; you wouldn't believe if I told you that Pirates, Doom Beetle and Golem are harder than the Arch Demon now. But yeah. And Killer Rabbit is now hands down THE hardest boss in the game. Yes, including Red and Ancient Dragons and Demon King. All pretty clever stuff too, done with pre-existing assets.

One Dark Elf per party rule. BOOM! Problem solved. :3

hrm, i guess. i still cant help but see problems even with that rule.
trying to get a game going to begin with would be problematic since everyone would be wanting to be Dark Elf - online AND off.

still, that being said, additional characters would be great to have. will be trying out the update later today.

Reactions: No longer exist
A question when the game patched for me it notes it as version 1.02, now apparently it's meant to be on the fifth update which what the patch is telling me it is the fifth update but only counts as the fifth, would that mean that it added everything before it or it only added what the new update gets and it skipped the previous updates?

A question when the game patched for me it notes it as version 1.02, now apparently it's meant to be on the fifth update which what the patch is telling me it is the fifth update but only counts as the fifth, would that mean that it added everything before it or it only added what the new update gets and it skipped the previous updates?

it should come with everything.

hrm, i guess. i still cant help but see problems even with that rule.
trying to get a game going to begin with would be problematic since everyone would be wanting to be Dark Elf - online AND off.
I was just being cheeky. :3 n' all.

But it seems those concerns might be for naught because it looks like Dark Elf is already in the game...in a way.
There's a new "Beastmaster" set for Elf that adds buffs and special effects while mounted, including a new attack (the sabertooth does a leaping lunge). Also, there's a new item that lets players summon a mount (I still haven't bought it...darn random shop -_-").
Basically:
Yours truly said:
Make her focused on mounts like giving her mount summons as a item skill with passive abilities to increase a mount's HP and knockdown resistance and maybe even new mount moves.

Anyway, it's gonna take a while to max characters now. Cleared the Tower's first 20 floors in a row with Sorceress and only went up 5 levels. And enemies are all set at Lv255 in all floors, so there isn't the progression like in the Labyrinth.
But before leveling up my Sorceress, I tried the main game in Ultimate. A party of 4 and we got curbstomped by the Doom Beetle. (ºAº)

Pardon the cheeky double post but this just made my day and I simply must share it.

Fun fact: DO YOU EVEN LIFT? is my Dwarf's greeting message. REPRESENT!

Reactions: Denizen
Well, after months of letting it sit, I got back into Dragon's Crown.
The online's finally been opened to me.
The story's actually pretty engaging, all things considered.
Though I don't like how I blatantly have to go back through all 9 stages.
But hey, at least now I can do alternate paths

Also the narration in the game is KILLER and makes the experience ten times better.

Reactions: Jutsei
I got 'em while they were free.

Plus, they're unlockable in-game.

tbf
Patrick Seitz narrator is super top tier
Erin Fitzgerald narrator is top too

JB Blanc narrator is just the toppest, but that doesn't take from the topness of the others

Honestly I just use 'em all to hear how they say that one line in the Lost Woods...

TWO PATHS LEAVE THE FOREST

Reactions: Balder
Also, got a question.
Been playing the whole game as the Dwarf.

If I start playing a different class, does the story reset and I need to unlock the online again or...