• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Dragon's Crown

Yes, every new character's gotta go through their stuff.

basically each character is its own file

You can just plug in a 2nd controller, and power level your new chars easily.

If I start playing a different class, does the story reset and I need to unlock the online again or...
Each character has it's own story line but (and this thanks to 1.05 IIRC) if you cleared the game once, the online is accessible for every character you make on that save file.
Read the patch notes on post #63 of this thread.

Been taking a break from Tower climbing. Around Floor 200 and I doubt I even scratched the surface. Doesn't help that 10 floors in a row usually just give enough XP to barely go up two levels.

Oh really!?
Good.
I was worried I'd have some major issues with some levels as Wizard or stuff.

Wonder which character I should playthrough as next.
Was thinking Amazon or Wizard

Amazon is a ton of fun but requires more building up and momentum than wizard
but wiz is also kinda boring solo and has trouble against some bosses (shout out to my boi, Gazer)

Amazon's airgame is pretty rad
pretty much everyone has better airgame than dwarf though

Amazon's airgame is pretty rad
pretty much everyone has better airgame than dwarf though
Pretty much what I was getting at.
I was thinking of Fighter too but that'd probably be boring.
Unless he's fun to play

Any Fighter worth it's salt has to have Tempest Edge and that usually means mashing Square ALL DAY ERRY DAY. Shield bash is pretty fun though.
Amazon is the ultimate solo character so she's a good choice if you ever find yourself traveling unaccompanied (which is how I braved most of the Labyrinth and sizeable chunks of my Tower progress).
Wizard, like Sorceress, is at his best when you have competent team mates but since it's a new build you won't be dealing with Ultimate difficulty's bullshit of EVERYTHING CONSTANTLY HOMING IN ON YOUR POSITION FROM EVERY ANGLE so it's of little consequence if you have to solo things.

Didn't mention Elf because you said you wanted to leave her for last.
Well, Elf is the most versatile character in terms of build options (I run a bow&shank build) but from what I gathered, she's now regarded as the bottom tier because she's back to vanilla version arrow management (you really have to make every shot count) and IIRC her magic got nerfed in the later patches. She's pretty fun to use though; that hasn't been nerfed, especially now that she has the completely useless in Ultimate difficulty Beastmaster set.
Elf is also the character I have re-adjusted her skill points the most.

But I'm really not suitable to discuss character tiers and whatnot. I just do builds that I find fun to play, viability be damned.
Case in point: Power Smash 'zon and Hyakuretsu-ken DORF!.

I might get back into this again. I need to level up my Dwarf and Sorceress.

I wondering if they'll make a boxer more playable characters

i dunno but would make sense
(smack everyone with my giant bag...of loot)

Nah, the last update was stated to be Dragon's Crown's final patch.

Weren't they planning on addnig a Thief DLC character?

They did, but scrapped it. I'm guessing Thief will be in the sequel. Since the game sold very well I can expect a sequel for PS4 in the future.

Reactions: Jutsei
They did, but scrapped it. I'm guessing Thief will be in the sequel. Since the game sold very well I can expect a sequel for PS4 in the future.
Yeah, pretty much.
I think we'll get another Vanillaware game, then Dragon's Crown 2

First up, looking for people to play with. Second, I can't stop playing! I love the Amazon's fast and furious playstyle, though I like playing as the Elf, Knight, and Sorceress too.

So I managed to beat the game as the Dwarf. I loved the ending.
Basically I get to be king later?
Wicked.
The best part though.
I named my Dwarf Beardy.
ALL HAIL KING BEARDY
And yeah, it's a great game.
Need to play some other characters first

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
So I managed to beat the game as the Dwarf. I loved the ending.
Basically I get to be king later?
Wicked.

I think of all the endings, The Dwarf's was pretty badass. I like the Knight's.

Amazon is funny if you like aerial supremacy and butts
she's really momentum heavy, however. You gotta keep the beat going against all odds

Amazon is funny if you like aerial supremacy and butts
she's really momentum heavy, however. You gotta keep the beat going against all odds
Yeah, you get smacked once and you lose your speed unless you spam brandish like crazy.

First up, looking for people to play with. Second, I can't stop playing! I love the Amazon's fast and furious playstyle, though I like playing as the Elf, Knight, and Sorceress too.

I'm looking for ppl to play with also. May I add you Epic? If anyone wants to add me too my psn is OhioNitsud. I started a couple weeks ago with the fighter but I'm gonna get to all the classes eventually.

Last edited:
That's my plan at the moment too, I beat it as Dwarf, but I'll eventually come back to it as a different class.
I plan to beat some other games before I return to Dragon's Crown, but when that happens Yhea I could play.

At level 17 right now and leveling fairly quick. Gonna keep at it from now through the weekend. I'll play online one of these days.

I'm looking for ppl to play with also. May I add you Epic? If anyone wants to add me too my psn is OhioNitsud. I started a couple weeks ago with the fighter but I'm gonna get to all the classes eventually.
Sure! I'm currently playing my second round of Persona 4 Golden, but send me a message and I'll be ready to go. :D

Man, I played this game today for the first time in months and it's still just as fine. I hopped online and ended up with a Knight and a Sorceress as traveling buddies.

I need to play again myself and get the rest of the trophies, which means playing classes that aren't Sorceress.

Bumping because of the recent leak.

Dragon’s Crown Pro for PS4 Announcement Leaked

Thank you for this, I never got to play the original as I don't have a PS3 or a VITA. Hearing this news makes me happy and liking forward even more to TGS next week.

Especially after that lackluster Nintendo Direct yesterday....with facking PSO2 getting a cloud version on Japan Switch only.....dumbass SEGA.

Hell, I'd buy it again.
I was actually really worried about PS3's Online a few months ago because I was like
"I'd never get to play Dragon's Crown Online ever again!"

I hope that if it's a sequel, that the designs are just as good as they were in the original.

I hope that if it's a sequel, that the designs are just as good as they were in the original.

You make it sound like this is Vanillaware's second time working on a title.