• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2017 Thread

A scorpio is a siege weapon used by ancient Rome. >_>

So you'll probably have to assemble it yourself. :P

The Scorpio is just a guy named Stu who just so happens to be a scorpio, but is actually a Libra .

it's just a normal Xbone with a different logo
all a ruse

So who's ready to see a Battlefront 2 trailer tomorrow with the announcement of being able to get a month early for Scorpio.

i'd literally rather just take a live scorpion

So Nintendo opened up a new twitter account called Nintendo Vs, supposedly an account to promote and keep track of Nintendo E sports and other competitive do dads. Up in the banner is Pokken, Splatoon 2, and ARMS.

Whats SUPER SUSPICIOUS is the glaring blank spot in the far left, and the lack of any mention of smash on the page. Seeing as Smash is undoubtedly the biggest of their competitive games, it should be taken as no mere oversight.

What do you guys think? https://twitter.com/NintendoVS

COMPETITIVE PIKMIN 4 INCOMING
rl0FOxdz7CcxO.webp

Whats SUPER SUSPICIOUS is the glaring blank spot in the far left, and the lack of any mention of smash on the page. Seeing as Smash is undoubtedly the biggest of their competitive games, it should be taken as no mere oversight.
They're saving that spot for a giant middle finger.

it'll be a big purple middle finger
Waluigi's, that is

So Nintendo opened up a new twitter account called Nintendo Vs, supposedly an account to promote and keep track of Nintendo E sports and other competitive do dads. Up in the banner is Pokken, Splatoon 2, and ARMS.
That's fucking awesome, I want more straight up fuck yous from parent companies to their own audience.

hell yeah
fuck the fans
we do things raw around here

Hey, they were straight up making an Xbox One model that didn't play video games, and I'm sure I can't be the only one who remembers "TV, TV, TV, TV, Sports, Sports, TV, Sports, Halo TV show, TV, TV, TV, TV, Call of Duty, Dog, You care about this dog, [close up shot of the animator dragging the dog model's mouth open and closed], Call of Duty.", no used games, fee for used games, always online "Hey PR, what if someone lives in Virginia(?) and my internet goes out some times" "Why would anyone live there?", etc. etc.

That made for entertainment.

Who's ready for PSAS2 not to be revealed?

Who's ready for PSAS2 not to be revealed?
Didn't they get Crash back to some degree? That's reason enough to just rerelease it with an update if not make it a sequel. Try and reign in Kiryu and [Persona character] too. Throw in Bloodborne Hunter and a Team Ico rep or two, see if you can find the real Spyro in a dumpster, I dunno.

add man with gun
from shoot game: the gun shoot

I think PSAS was a great idea that was marred by budget problems and not enough actual faith.
The only Thir dParty character added in actual good faith was Big Daddy.
A second go around would be a great idea if they actually give it enough budget this time

In fairness I never actually played All Stars but whenever I saw gameplay I hated the basic system of how you KO'd someone, so I'd rather a new idea.

Yoshida commented on that as well.
He said "never say never" in regards to a sequel, but he SPECIFICALLY said "maybe with a new system"
I'm not sure if that means making "All-Stars" a catch-all crossover and make a racing game, or instead make a new system for the game
If they HAVE to keep supers, what they should do is make them do a lot of damage and make it smash bros style, like Final Smashes.

He said "never say never" in regards to a sequel, but he SPECIFICALLY said "maybe with a new system"
I would certainly be willing to give that a try if it's announced, not that I imagine it's coming soon, but who knows?

Also
I half-expect them to announce a Microsoft Smash Bros clone
You mean KI?

I think it's more likely than ever before, Playstation has been cranking out alot of all-star exclusive games, some more recognized than in the PS3 days, especially since PS4 has been way more popular, Last of Us, Spider-Man PS4, Bloodborne... there's many more Playstation we can get that aren't all Third party characters now

No I mean a half-based Smash Clone with ringouts that has all of Microsoft's "Iconic" characters

I just

I loved All Stars, and then Santa Monica was like "Support? Nah, GoW: Ascension" and it was all over

I liked PSAS a lot actually, but the super system was kinda stupid, namely with balance but I like it. Like some characters had little to no good specials to use while other characters had specials that came out instantly and had huge hit boxes, and characters had fast ways of charging special while other characters could barely keep up by comparison.

But the game had really strong good points as well. Like the stages would change over time as 2 games would collide, like Barron Parxis from Jak 2 invading Twisted Metal (and coming in complaining about metal heads), Killzone stuff invading Parappa Town, and Hades being invaded and destroying Hades via Pata Pons. Also the fact the the characters felt more or less like you were controlling those characters was also a big plus in my book. Also there's Dan
latest

In terms of PSAS2, I'd also like a more functional cast. It felt like it was shoved full of characters from the American end of the deal and instead of niche or interesting choices they go for characters shoved in specifically to sell new games and be cameos from multi console series. Focus it down to a set of characters that everyone will recognize. A mix of both classic that the English side of things love AND the Japanese side love. Pandering to us is part of the reason the game didnt have much momentum imo. We got Heihachi, the cats, kid from Ape Escape, Kit from Gravity Rush aaaaaand...uh...Raiden maybe? I know some the cast still made it to the Japanese market, but where's Breath of Fire, anyone from NIS (who are almost exclusively Playstation), where's a classic Dante costume?

I think I've made my point clear lol.

breath of fire is capcom duderino
if anything, they should be in marvel

are you perhaps thinking of: legend of dragoon

probably. I'm not really familiar with the early Sony classics lol

They were actually planning to add a Legend of Dragoon character AND Abe from Oddworld as the third DLC Pack.
Was never meant to be.

But yes, some more variety and third party characters that aren't there to sell copies would be fine, Big Daddy and Heihachi felt like honest, earnest love.
Heihachi only felt like promotion because he had his TTT2 Design, and even then, that's fine.

Reactions: North888
You know, Odin Sphere would be a neat pull for a Sony All Star game. Or any Vanillaware title. Though they'd probably look fucking weird in 3D.

Speaking of, when the fuck am I getting Neku in Smash?

Oh yeah. Reminder
Tomorrow is Xbox and Bethesda's conference.
Hope you guys are ready for some low quality memes
Chances are it won't be as embarassing as EA.
Ubisoft will be Embarassing.

Chances are it won't be as embarassing as EA.
Again, I ask the jury to recall USHER. And TV, TV, sports, sports, Halo (TV show!), Call of Duty Dog, you care about the dog, look at the dog model, TV. The second one wasn't E3, but it was just barely before it.

You know, Odin Sphere would be a neat pull for a Sony All Star game. Or any Vanillaware title. Though they'd probably look fucking weird in 3D.

Speaking of, when the fuck am I getting Neku in Smash?

after king k fucking rool

Also, I just realized I'm forgetting how embarrassing it is they named it the Xbox One in the first place.

For those of you with short memories, like myself.

after king k fucking rool
I will fight you. I bet you can't even dual screen combat.

Reactions: CountofBleck
Still though, more conferences tomorrow. Get ready for it.

I'm most excited for Sony conference though, because, as said, PSAS might happen

If PSAS2 actually happens on Monday I will change my username to BeatMyMeatNinja

If PSAS2 actually happens on Monday I will change my username to BeatMyMeatNinja
How about something a mod will actually let you go ahead with, so that there are actual stakes?

BeatMyMeatNinja is very family friendly i do not see the issue