• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza Beta Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a note guys, stop doing combos. NONE of the damage numbers are final, and all of her routes are gonna change anyway once she gets any specials. It's even possible that the effects of her normals (bounces, knockdowns, ..) and things like startups, hitstun etc get changed, utterly invalidating things that currently work.
Your logic is terrible.

Normals have a chance of not changing. Hitboxes have a 100% chance of changing.

Go back to your regularly scheduled arguing with someone else.

There are a million and one burstbaits which are gonna work no matter how much the hitboxes change (most notably launch > normal > air backdash, but also things like airbutton into j.hk(whiff) fastfall, etc).
This entire thread is doing silly things which will most likely be useless by next week due to random changes.
People are having fun with it anyways. They're broadening their general game knowledge, revelling the accomplishment of figuring things out (which is a lot harder for 1+ year old characters), etc.
Who are you to tell them to stop?

Reactions: Spencer and Icky
There are a million and one burstbaits which are gonna work no matter how much the hitboxes change (most notably launch > normal > air backdash, but also things like airbutton into j.hk(whiff) fastfall, etc).
This entire thread is doing silly things which will most likely be useless by next week due to random changes.
People are having fun with it anyways, broadening their general game knowledge, just the accomplishment of figuring things out which is harder for 1+ year old characters, etc.
Who are you to tell them to stop?
I knew you couldn't help yourself. I could've gone to sleep but somehow I knew there was no way you would not respond if I insulted your logic.

Well for starters, I was not being serious. Mike himself was the one who told people when she was shown off to not learn burst baits. And who is he to tell them to stop? Only the guy who will program the proper hitboxes in.

But whatever.

Reactions: Mwisk and Killjoy
I knew you couldn't help yourself. I could've gone to sleep but somehow I knew there was no way you would not respond if I insulted your logic.
Shit, I'm on a forum, someone quotes me and responds to what I wrote, and I answer.
You must be a GENIUS for figuring this one out before it happened! I guess I'm just very predictable??

Oh wait

I knew you couldn't help yourself. I could've gone for a jog but somehow I knew there was no way you would not respond if I posted something.

Well for starters, I was not being serious.
Classic.

Mike himself was the one who told people when she was shown off to not learn burst baits. And who is he to tell them to stop? Only the guy who will program the proper hitboxes in.

But whatever.
Wait, were you serious now or not?

You can't start out with "What I said was a joke!!" and then continue with "But what I said was actually serious because Mike also said so!!". That doesn't work.

And you might be surprised about this revelation, but Mike is not god and can be mistaken on things!! Or he might even just say random bullshit for the heck of it!
He also enjoys gratuitously insulting people that love his game, so maybe he's not someone you should model your behaviour after?

Reactions: Spencer and Icky
Deleted my post since it probably was just going to be deleted anyways. I see no harm in learning burst baits though, EVERYTHING about this character is subject to MASSIVE change. She's 2 days old.

Reactions: IsaVulpes
Man the game sounds so AWFUL on your computer I want to know your setup so I can fix it. UGH. It really sounds like whenever the game requests the same sound channel it is giving back a separate one instead.

Also remember I'm probably going to change how j.HP works between Beta and Real Game, but I'll leave it like this for the entirety of Beta just to screw you all up. ;^)
or he just really, really likes the VAs and has voice volume at max, gamaniac, explain yourself sir

Also remember I'm probably going to change how j.HP works between Beta and Real Game, but I'll leave it like this for the entirety of Beta just to screw you all up. ;^)

Thankfully I prefer my j.HK corner combo to any j.HP combo. :ELI:

Thankfully I prefer my j.HK corner combo to any j.HP combo. :ELI:

To be honest I've been finding the timing of the jumping HP combos to be extremely sensitive and usually ends up just being random luck if I end up actually hitting the whole thing as it should be. I understand the concepts of j.mp > j.hp > ADC > j.mp > j.hp but I'll be damned if I have gotten so used to the timing of it to make it work on every character that I play against or to even make it work reliably on characters I know it works on. It may just be me but I spent 2 and a half hours working on my execution for it the other day and then played 30 matches with some friends and I hardly if ever got them to work even half the time in actual matches. It's not that the combo is hard but the timing feels so strict that it's just random luck if I hit it reliably in matches.

Again though, that's probably just me.

Again though, that's probably just me.

It's not just you, I have trouble with that as well. but it's most likely as others have said that the hitbox isn't final. If you look at it, the hitbox doesn't extend to all the hands, and it doesn't go to the tips of the hands that it does cover. So you have to be closer to make it work.

It's not just you, I have trouble with that as well. but it's most likely as others have said that the hitbox isn't final. If you look at it, the hitbox doesn't extend to all the hands, and it doesn't go to the tips of the hands that it does cover. So you have to be closer to make it work.

Well, for me it's more like, you have to time it soooo precisely for the last j.HP to actually hit someone when they end up standing on the ground unless they are a heavy character like Double it's insane to try to land it consistently. I've been practicing it a lot and even now I have trouble landing the full combo without it dropping except for like, 1 time in every 10-20 attempts.

blah
It's not my fault you can't just leave things alone.

You come into an Eliza combo thread, act like an asshole telling everyone to not do combos (in a combo thread, I should repeat since it's kinda important) instead of just replying like a civilized person with a reasonable argument and resort to sophomoric behavior.

I'm not saying take the Dime_X route by any means, but it would help if you were less insulting and more civil.

Doesn't matter how reasonable your argument is. No one is going to care or take it seriously if all your energy is spent trying to continue presenting ad hominem fallacies and quoting out of context to try to prove your point.

edit: Did you enjoy your jog? Because my sleep was awesome.

Last edited:
Hi everyone o/
I read really fast some post, so sorry if I missed it but I didn't see a solo combo doing more than 6K. So here is my little participation to the topic :).

Solo corner combo 6.3K (maybe universal, didn't test out)

(cLK cMK) cHP
jHP AD jMP jHP
jLP jMP jHK AD jMP
sLP(x3) sMK cHP
jLK jMP jHP jHK
crLK sMK sHK(x2)

Hi everyone o/
I read really fast some post, so sorry if I missed it but I didn't see a solo combo doing more than 6K. So here is my little participation to the topic :).

Solo corner combo 6.3K (maybe universal, didn't test out)

(cLK cMK) cHP
jHP AD jMP jHP
jLP jMP jHK AD jMP
sLP(x3) sMK cHP
jLK jMP jHP jHK
crLK sMK sHK(x2)
that hits undizzy dude

eh? it it's weird it didn't for me :/

I'll retry later

eh? it it's weird it didn't for me :/
You (probably?) left Force Counter Hit at On then started the combo with the heavy, adding 100 more undizzy.

Counterhit combos are fun though. And important. If instant j.HP hits as counterhit this combo would work too.

Last edited:
Midscreen:

c.lk, c.mp, c.hp,
j.hp, adc, j.mp, j.hp,
jump, j.lk, j.mp, j.hp, adc, j.mk <-- delay everything, should restand
c.lk, c.mk, c.hp,
j.lp, j.mp, j.mk, j.hp, adc, j.hk

You (probably?) left Force Counter Hit at On then started the combo with the heavy, adding 100 more undizzy.

Counterhit combos are fun though. And important. If instant j.HP hits as counterhit this combo would work too.

Yeah maybe or the savestate messed the undizzy :/.

I'm testing it now, you're right it doesn't work...Aw I'm sad now.
Well I let the combo just for the idea like the jMK to restand etc.

btw you can use a jHK at the end to burst bait, but y'oure really far after that :/

btw you can use a jHK at the end to burst bait, but y'oure really far after that :/
Still worth noting in case one of her specials helps.

Heres a thing I found. Its fun and hard. and as far as I know only works on bella in the corner.
c.lk > c.mk > c.hp > j.hp > j.hk > j.hk > c.mk > c.hp > j.mp > j.hp > j.lk > j.hp > s.lp(x3) > s.mk~s.mk > s.hp(x3)

Heres a thing I found. Its fun and hard. and as far as I know only works on bella in the corner.
c.lk > c.mk > c.hp > j.hp > j.hk > j.hk > c.mk > c.hp > j.mp > j.hp > j.lk > j.hp > s.lp(x3) > s.mk~s.mk > s.hp(x3)
Video.....where's the bideo. Yes. With a b

Reactions: Wenzel
If you start with jhk dash jhp jhk pretty much works against everyone except the second hit of smk.

Reactions: NeonNightRider
@Nuuance If I could record it I totally would but my laptop is kinda the worst.

@Nuuance If I could record it I totally would but my laptop is kinda the worst.
It's very close to the combo I posted last.

Edit. Wait no, I never posted that particular one but I do have it on YouTube.

We don't have a resets thread, but that combo I posted on the first page has a really good reset point in it.

We don't have a resets thread, but that combo I posted on the first page has a really good reset point in it.
Makes me wish s.MP was easier to combo into.

Makes me wish s.MP was easier to combo into.
I agree, as it stands, you have to stand right in front of them for it to hit, and a blocked jab pushes you out of range for it, and its -14 on whiff so eh..

I agree, as it stands, you have to stand right in front of them for it to hit, and a blocked jab pushes you out of range for it, and its -14 on whiff so eh..
Blocked or hit, LP or LK, you have to had started very very close.

Does anybody have any good conversions off of air throw?

c.mk, s.hp, s.hp, assist + s.hp

Props to @mpgame99 & @TheGamaniac btw. I liked that tricky ADC combo Gamaniac used so I tried to see if maybe it was damaging enough, but it turned out it was the same damage, but a bit more ADC'ish. And I actually hadn't looked at MPG's bnb but it turns out mine is fairly similar but enough differences to notice. I'd actually worked out this bnb a long while ago but never posted it :p so anyways here it is.

I have some more slightly more optimized versions of these for 5.47k & 5.51k and a double-specific one I'm working on that's completely different than the previous combos, but did you know you can do the val loop on double? j.hp > j.mp > j.hp :) there's a slight delay to let hit stun carry double back to the ground, but it's pretty legit :)

P.S. I like parts of MPG's bnb and some of mine better so later I think I'll combine certain sections for a super duper easy bnb.

P.P.S. Mannnn I love her s.hk...the powwwaaaa...sorry val :/

-----

Also, I've found s.hk~s.hk is more powerful then s.hp x3 at the end of a chain. At least for what I saw. Also it slides which is amazing for wake up game :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Wenzel and Balder
Jeez people really hopped on her huh

I have one I just kind of played with
I don't really think it's optimized but I'll just leave it here
It does around 5.1k when 1v1

c.LK c.MK c.HP
j.MP j.HP ADC j.MP j.HP
s.LPx3 s.MK s.HPx3
c.LK c.MPx2 s.HKx2

EDIT: Forgot to add that it's a corner combo, sorry guys.

Last edited:
@BeachedTeaspoon is it that hard to say its a corner combo....-__- I'd feel bad for someone thinking they could dash and pickup that OTG...I really would

Here's my newest thing :D thanks to @guitalex2007 & @TheGamaniac

1. Light (6.2k) & heavy (6.1k) corner combos
2. Light (5.5k) and heavy (5.7k) midscreen combos
3. Cross under resets for lights & Bella

Last edited:
Even More Snorting, Just Ignore me, making some stuff that people may or may not use. This Burst Bait hopefully will make it to the final form of Eliza. HOPEFULLY. I've got my eyes on you Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.