• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza Beta Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you backdash cancel it it'll be a valid burst bait regardless of whether you can hit her leg or not.

lol I did lv3 > c.hk at the end and got 10.6k XD

If you backdash cancel it it'll be a valid burst bait regardless of whether you can hit her leg or not.

Yeah okay that's what I thought. Good then it is a solid bait that can be done. I'm just afraid of the air. Hp's hit box changing, it might make it harder to do the extension to continue the combo.

please make a list of combos for newbies short easy combos but damaging in the list could you involve an air combo and a cross up along with 3 other combos

How do you have an easy ultimate combo? Ultimate means final in a series or the highest point. The ultimate combo isn't going to be easy. It's going to require you to hit some hard links

Yeah I think you're asking a little much of Eliza right at the second. She only has two specials and her Lv3. She still needs a ton of tweaking with her hit boxes. So relax take Eliza down to the lab and figure out what can be done with her.

If anyone makes a list of combos that goes from beginner to advance, please for the love of god format it so that each combo builds off of previous ones. It makes it much easier for beginners to learn when they have that progressive format to the combo lists. I think we should really try to compile some stuff to put into the first page or somewhere easy to refer people to, so we don't have to worry or scramble around when someone asks for easy or BnB or basic combos for Eliza.

Just a thought, since looking through all the information on the last couple pages can be a bit confusing, confusing because there's so many different things listed I mean. There's some that are just absurd (the kind where it's just doing silly and impractical stuff for the spectacle of it) and then there's actual combos or combos that could change or only work on specific characters etc.

I think we should wait on that until she's pretty much done unless you wanna just do that with the Beta combos. I'd rather wait until she has all her moves so that we can know what are really the best combos to use for beginner-advanced.

Yeah I think you're asking a little much of Eliza right at the second. She only has two specials and her Lv3. She still needs a ton of tweaking with her hit boxes. So relax take Eliza down to the lab and figure out what can be done with her.
She has.... what? Shit! When did that happen!?

Damn it. I'm at work.

Uh it was around 3 am this morning when Mike sent out the update.
Oh... I was asleep lol

Can anyone link me the patch notes?

Last edited:
I think we should wait on that until she's pretty much done unless you wanna just do that with the Beta combos. I'd rather wait until she has all her moves so that we can know what are really the best combos to use for beginner-advanced.

Well I understand that some combos won't work anymore but I think there's some things about how she works right now that are stable enough that they will probably still be there even when she's finished. I still think at least having a place for it and noting what we at least know for now would be prudent, that's all I was trying to say about it. It's not like I'm saying we have to write down the things we know now and let that be set in stone, I mean the list could always be edited and changed later on after all.

@Mysterygamer3k Yeah. That's true. I mean I was just saying we could wait to see if there's anything better than right now. Which I'm sure there will be, but I guess it wouldn't hurt anything to organize.

Oh... I was asleep lol
Can anyone link me the patch notes?
You've been a member of this community for HOW LONG? Ya lazy butt.

You can always go to the main announcements page to see the latest update
http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements (replace the number with 245170 for the Real Game patch notes)
rather than to a specific announcement, btw.

You've been a member of this community for HOW LONG? Ya lazy butt.

You can always go to the main announcements page to see the latest update
http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements (replace the number with 245170 for the Real Game patch notes)
rather than to a specific announcement, btw.
I'm especially lazy when I'm at work with computers that block Steam and the website and am forced to use my cell phone for Web browsing. :p

So lk molecular shield is +10 on hit, which means loops! :D

Nowhere near optimal, style is more important.

Edit: c.lk link after lk molecular shield whiffs on light characters due to small hitbox going under slightly airborne targets. s.lk whiffs completely midscreen. Also the final hit of her dp is +13, so if you're awesome you can s.mp for a 2 frame link or c.mk for a 1 frame link in the corner.

Edit also: Thank you Mike Z for the frame data thing.

Edit MORE: c.mk (2 hits) -> s.hp doesn't combo on BB. Have to cut it to after the first hit or just use c.mp/s.mk

Last edited:
thanks for the findings. I've been trying to do some stuff on lights but no dice -_- i figured heavies might've been a different story

Here is a burst bait combo I did with Eliza.

Here is a burst bait combo I did with Eliza.

Personally want to see it with hitbox, it seems funky. Also might get patched later on due to changing hitboxes and junk.

Personally want to see it with hitbox, it seems funky. Also might get patched later on due to changing hitboxes and junk.

This is part of why I'm hesitant to bother learning too many burst bait combos with Eliza. She has a lot of multi-hit normals so it's not that hard to trigger burst when you want to really. Right now I'm mainly trying to figure out more consistent and reliable combos that can work on pretty much all the cast, with minimal changes.

Reactions: Shumabooma
2014-06-13_00007.jpg
2014-06-13_00003.jpg
I understand why some people find it strange the burst did not hit and it could be changed later.

So lk molecular shield is +10 on hit, which means loops! :D

Nowhere near optimal, style is more important.

Edit: c.lk link after lk molecular shield whiffs on light characters due to small hitbox going under slightly airborne targets. s.lk whiffs completely midscreen. Also the final hit of her dp is +13, so if you're awesome you can s.mp for a 2 frame link or c.mk for a 1 frame link in the corner.

Edit also: Thank you Mike Z for the frame data thing.

Edit MORE: c.mk (2 hits) -> s.hp doesn't combo on BB. Have to cut it to after the first hit or just use c.mp/s.mk

P.S. Oh btw Molecular Shield DOES combo on lights....kindaaaaa.

1. you have to be RRRRRIGHT on them for it to combo...which is hard...& only lights will work as Mike noted...orrr
2. You can use the vacuum effect from c.hp! it'll bring them in to you & it works even on squigs so you know it's money...however idk what applications it could serve (maybe some resets??), but damage-wise, it progresses the combo another stage...obviously we're just now getting this info, so maybe we'll find something good. when i say kinda, i just mean idk how optimized/damage efficient it is. But if you use c.hp's vacuum effect, it works on everyone & you can use s.lk/s.lp :D

Reactions: Balder
Yeah those Hit Boxes are definitely going to change later on. Just a wee bit too small for the size of her attack.

Yeah those Hit Boxes are definitely going to change later on. Just a wee bit too small for the size of her attack.
Thanks for asking about the hit boxes.

well apparently I lied about s.lk whiffing midscreen. oh well. here's another thing using LnL assist and lvl3 after hitting near minimal scaling to corner carry.

Probably could have milked more damage if I did s.hp(x2) DP(LMH) xx lvl3 instead of the cool thing I did, but whatever. Damage not important! Styling, the act of making your opponent in awe of how his ass is getting kicked and screaming "WTF IS THAT?!", is.

Reactions: blueberrymilk

To add onto what Nuuance said, if you have a particularly long-distance catch, you can try to double up the vacuum effect by using a 1-hit cr.MP instead of cr.MK. Also her DPs have different levels of advantage; LPLPLP is +13, MPMP/MPHP is +17, LPHP is also +17, and HP is +21.

The above points and more, in video form!

Right now, scythe twirl is seeming like a mediocre combo tool with no other purpose except HK as an assist which would be good... if we had a character to abuse it.

I'm hoping for something in the future (blood? Dunno if that's still a chance or not)

Reactions: Dime
Just a question: How do you guys do Eliza's taunt?

[av]http://a.pomf.se/pyedww.webm[/av]
brazilian optimized combos

Just a question: How do you guys do Eliza's taunt?

For now, it's any 2 kicks at the same time, but it *will* change somewhere down the line.

For now, it's any 2 kicks at the same time, but it *will* change somewhere down the line.
Thanks, bro.

Right now, scythe twirl is seeming like a mediocre combo tool with no other purpose except HK as an assist which would be good... if we had a character to abuse it.

I'm hoping for something in the future (blood? Dunno if that's still a chance or not)
theres not gonna be any blood. mike said. or at least not a formal blood mechanic. Also @Colossi dude lol upload this to youtube, this flash on my ipad is killing me lol. Anndddd @TheGamaniac we're not gonna be able to combo off midscreen throws like Mike said in Salty...so lets not get used to that.

P.S. Are we....supposed to be able to combo off c.hk? i thought we weren't? even with specials? That looks really cool though....wow 7.6k in the corner no supers....we herrrr' guys lol.

theres not gonna be any blood. mike said. or at least not a formal blood mechanic. Also @Colossi dude lol upload this to youtube, this flash on my ipad is killing me lol. Anndddd @TheGamaniac we're not gonna be able to combo off midscreen throws like Mike said in Salty...so lets not get used to that.

P.S. Are we....supposed to be able to combo off c.hk? i thought we weren't? even with specials? That looks really cool though....wow 7.6k in the corner no supers....we herrrr' guys lol.
c.hk was an otg, all hits when "otging" will have the same properties.

we're not gonna be able to combo off midscreen throws .
Yes we are. The current throw no longer goes fullscreen in exchange for allowing you to combo from it. Mike even posted saying this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.