• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project [Fan Made] Custom Palettes : (Requests Open)

so basically you just do lineart and color accordingly
i don't have the patience to shade it

Found this, which I believe is the original. If nothing else is found I can recolor separate parts to make it easier to distinguish.

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index....palettes-requests-open.123/page-15#post-72005

EDIT: The D.Violet one is also on that page.
That Big Band palette is hard to color for me, what with the black. Also, I really want a Filia palette, that's her idle stance. I tried using one... But it was a .gif and was really hard to color...

Technically the modified templates(those with weird random 'dry' colours) are better than the ones with the original colours because they keep all parts distintly separated.
Example: In the original palette Fukua hair colour is the same as the socks.
In the base template Fukua hair colour is different from the socks, so it's easier to modify and colour.

Just sayin'

Oh by the way, I'm missing a Big Band and D.Violet palette. I saw them around this thread, would anyone be so gentle to post the templates?
Yeah, pretty much figured that. I do have some like that but making them myself would be a bit of an obstacle. Unless I make every part a separate color, I would have to make logical choices in the coloring or have an actual reference I can go off on. That and the coloring of the shadows and highlights is another thing to consider. Would it be best just to make them completely flat?

That Big Band palette is hard to color for me, what with the black. Also, I really want a Filia palette, that's her idle stance. I tried using one... But it was a .gif and was really hard to color...

Open the gifs in program of your choice, then re-save them as .pngs, makes it possible to color. Don't know why they're .gifs but i'll change that in a bit.

Open the gifs in program of your choice, then re-save them as .pngs, makes it possible to color. Don't know why they're .gifs but i'll change that in a bit.
Well, it's not the fact that they're gifs. It's that gifs are colored and shaded in a way that when you color them, they leave behind pixels. So palettes in a format like .png are perfect, since the pixels are much cleaner.

What programs do you guys use?
I use Photoshop, and it's incredibly easy for me.

I use Pixlr Editor. Because it's so simple, runs in-browser, and is free, I feel it's one of the best ways to make palette. Well, besides maybe Gimp... And PS if you want to spend money.. >.>

The prices for the Adobe tools are unbelievable, yeah. Luckily they make it affordable for schools, I got PS from my graphic design teacher

Combination Photoshop and MS Paint. I use Photoshop to develop better colors for my palettes, then eyedropper/eraser tool trick in MS Paint for really clean color swaps.

chickenwithtie said:
Amazing palettes
Chicken, if we weren't on opposite sides of this whole planet, let alone different countries, I would totally brofist you right now.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
More defined BB Colors. I don't think any of the parts are the same colors so there should be no issues...
While they're not defined in this picture, based on in game BB palettes the buttons and their bases can be colored differently.
qECPS8q.png

Reactions: chickenwithtie
More defined BB Colors. I don't think any of the parts are the same colors so there should be no issues...
While they're not defined in this picture, based on in game BB palettes the buttons and their bases can be colored differently.
qECPS8q.png
I love you. If you can get me a Filia palette template you will be my God.

luc.png
Thanks a lot Raku!
Over ocean brofist, Techbud ;w;

The Violet palette I was searching for was another one, tho ,u, I have the Rouge colours on it. Just wondering if there was a basic template of it?

View attachment 3449
Thanks a lot Raku!

The Violet palette I was searching for was another one, tho ,u, I have the Rouge colours on it. Just wondering if there was a basic template of it?

I'm not sure, I could always change that one to other colors but I'm not sure her breakdown.
Also, do you happen to know the original creator of the Filia map?

View attachment 3449
Thanks a lot Raku!

The Filia palette does the same thing I talked about earlier... *Cries*
D.+Violet+Palette+Template.png

Can I just say how it pains me that they never take the official color maps for the characters to make into actual palettes? Parasoul's in particular seems like it would be pretty neat to see.

Well, it seems like we have color maps for ALL in-game characters now. :) (Beo and Robo F. aren't on that list because they're not in game yet.)

If people produce any good quality color maps for other characters, keep the thread updated and I'll add them to the OP.

Reactions: Arcana
FyfEJMr.png
original:
Erika-framed.jpg
this was harder to do than I thought, comes from the Umineko fighting game

View attachment 3449
Thanks a lot Raku!

Rouge palette?Like Rouge the Bat?Or did I derp and you're talking about a Rouge I don't know about?XD

qECPS8q.png
Mind if I make some minor changes to this map? I was running it through Gimp and some parts could use a different color.

Mind if I make some minor changes to this map? I was running it through Gimp and some parts could use a different color.

Go for it. :) But I won't be able to update the OP until late tonight. Haven't slept yet and really need too soon lol

dorothy eliza 2.png

R. Dorothy Wayneright
the mic's a push broom

Reactions: Rachel Phoenix
who asked for parasoul's color map?

here's the one i made using the colors from lab zero's stream
para-color-base.gif

who asked for parasoul's color map?

here's the one i made using the colors from lab zero's stream
para-color-base.gif
Well now, that's better than mine! Good job.
The only thing is that it's a "gif", so if you don't mind...I turned it into a "png" file
tumblr_n7n6c6qiBf1rlxmdbo1_r3_1280.png

Gifs cause misery to some =_=

While we're at it, does anyone else have color maps? I want to do Filia's but I just want to double check...

Kw6WpM6.png

Pinkie Pie and Maud Pie (My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic)
zPSJopy.png

Ryu and Evil Ryu (Super Street Fighter IV)
lhWQN0k.png

Mario and Luigi

o2zJXY0.png

Ms. Fortune and Robo-Fortune
I was literally about to post a Mario and Luigi color for Filia and Fukua... Well, yours are better, so never mind

Reactions: Professor Icepick