• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Feb 28, 2014] SCR @ UCI (Irvine, California)

Valle sent me a list of all the entrants and asked me to make a bracket on challonge and send it back to him. Umm, I asked Render for help on that one so give him (or me if he doesn't get to it) a couple days.

Total entrants = 45. There will be 4 pools (A, B, C, D) with about 11 people per pool. Top 2 of each pool will move on to top 8 which will be played Friday evening.
Any word on stream time?

Valle sent me a list of all the entrants and asked me to make a bracket on challonge and send it back to him. Umm, I asked Render for help on that one so give him (or me if he doesn't get to it) a couple days.

Total entrants = 45. There will be 4 pools (A, B, C, D) with about 11 people per pool. Top 2 of each pool will move on to top 8 which will be played Friday evening.

45 entrants is pretty nice. Here's hoping some more people register at the door!

HOLY CRAP DAN we could do 3 16-person brackets instead and not start at 10am, how 'bout dat sax.

if you guys are doing side tournies then you totally need to do ceretoss. (solobella, throws only) anything that is not a throw takes a damage penalty.

so that includes, regular grabs, command grabs, anti air grab, grab bag (hype as shit when you land this one) super grab and command run grab.

way more exciting than bella pong and fugazi put together imo.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
HOLY CRAP DAN we could do 3 16-person brackets instead and not start at 10am, how 'bout dat sax.
isnt the point of 4 to get a clean top 8?

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Can we just say Cerebella confirmed best Skullgirls Minigame character (3/3 side games of Bella Pong, Ceretoss and Fugazi involve her), among other things?

Reactions: Weatherbee
isnt the point of 4 to get a clean top 8?
This is why. Unless you can find a better method of getting top 8 with 3 pools... ie top 3 from each, get top 9 and vote for who doesn't deserve to be top 8 from the 9 "Survivor" style and Mike reads each name then ends it with "The tribe has spoken" and take their controller.

Any word on how much of the SG tournament will be streamed?

at least i know MMDS will do a better job at seeding then valle or anyone else at level up. i was actually kind of scared about that

At the last count, SG is beating MK9 and P4A. Things are actually starting to make sense!

SoCal Regionals 2014 registration numbers, by game

1. Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 - 256
2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - 220
3. Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma - 97
4. Injustice: Gods Among Us - 95
5. Super Smash Bros. Melee - 76
6. King of Fighters 13 - 69
7. Killer Instinct - 60
8. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo - 56
9. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - 54
10. Dive Kick - 51

11. Guilty Gear Accent Core +R - 49
11. Street Fighter X Tekken - 49
13. Skullgirls - 44
14. Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme: Vs Full Boost - 42
14. Persona 4: Arena - 42
16. Mortal Kombat 9 - 40
17. Soul Calibur 5 - 34
18. Soul Calibur 2 HD - 31
19. Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - 28
20. Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown - 21

Source: eventhubs
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...ocal-regionals-2014-ssf4-ae-v2012-leads-pack/

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Dive Kick and SFxT surprise me.

Dive Kick and SFxT surprise me.

I think they tend to get a lot of entrants from people who come out to tournaments for other games.

Which isn't a bad thing.

Dive kick is simple enough you can just tag it on to what ever else you are playing in

Pls make it not start at 10 AM T_T. MikeZ guide us to sleep time.

Am I the only one who thinks 10am is a reasonable time?

Is anyone here only going to SCR for only Friday?

I... kinda need a ride there and back... I was originally gonna drive myself there, but finding out that it's gonna rain on Friday made that plan a no-go.

EDIT: I live in the Valley, I realize that should be important info >_>

Do all you midwest and east coast people do timezones backward?
10am here is noon for midwest people!

I live in Cali now baby. We are neighbors <3.

Is anyone here only going to SCR for only Friday?

I... kinda need a ride there and back... I was originally gonna drive myself there, but finding out that it's gonna rain on Friday made that plan a no-go.

EDIT: I live in the Valley, I realize that should be important info >_>
Wait, the prospect of rain is keeping you from driving x.x? Durn it DJ. Well I guess if you don't drive well in the rain I can't blame ya. Last thing we need is "Man blasting Anime themed music causes 50 car pile up friday Morning. Witnesses say the man was screaming 'OH GAWD ITS RAINING' moments before exploding in a shower of metal and anime paraphernalia". YOU AIN'T RUINING MY BERKELEY DOG (and SCR) WITH YOUR HYPOTHETICAL DEMISE! Can't have that.

Wait, the prospect of rain is keeping you from driving x.x? Durn it DJ. Well I guess if you don't drive well in the rain I can't blame ya. Last thing we need is "Man blasting Anime themed music causes 50 car pile up friday Morning. Witnesses say the man was screaming 'OH GAWD ITS RAINING' moments before exploding in a shower of metal and anime paraphernalia". YOU AIN'T RUINING MY BERKELEY DOG (and SCR) WITH YOUR HYPOTHETICAL DEMISE! Can't have that.
It's lame, but I got into two car accidents on the same rainy day back in '10, since then, I haven't had my own car (I miss my old Mazda MPV) and my parents don't let me borrow theirs when it rains.

Do all you midwest and east coast people do timezones backward?
10am here is noon for midwest people!
I knew that the time was different in a direction. I think I get partial credit for that.

Predictions:

Pool A:
Negus_Eyoel (Winners)
Grinta (Losers)

This is gonna be a toss up though if Grinta's been labbing hard.

Pool B:
McPeanuts (Winners)
Rikers (Losers)

Pool C:
Severin (Winners)
ShinATProof (Losers)

Pool D:
WingZero (Winners)
ThatOneOtherDude (Losers)

Brand might creep up behind yall doe watch out now.

>_> anyone able to let me ride with them?

Hey giving you a heads up for Pool A which I am in. I am Dad Toucher. My flight gets in at 8:15 AM so that gives me 1 hour 15min to make from the airport to my pool. So I am 99% sure I will make it 30min before. BUUUUUT assuming I don't make it for some reason 30min before am I good as long as I make it by 10am? I should make it on time, I just wanna plan for the worst case scenario.

Predictions:

Pool A:
Negus_Eyoel (Winners)
Grinta (Losers)

Pool B:
McPeanuts (Winners)
Rikers (Losers)

Pool C:
Severin (Winners)
ShinATProof (Losers)

Pool D:
WingZero (Winners)

Ok, keep going with your prediction...
Winners
Negus
McPeanuts

WingZero
Severin

Losers
Rikers
Shin

TOOD
Grinta

Predictions:

Pool A:
Negus_Eyoel (Winners)
Grinta (Losers)

Pool B:
McPeanuts (Winners)
Rikers (Losers)

Pool C:
Severin (Winners)
ShinATProof (Losers)

Pool D:
WingZero (Winners)

You make me smile so much.

EDIT: Disregard, THANKS MECH!

Last edited:
So Nekro_Surge wanted to do a thing on Saturday, but he forgot to make a post about it, so here's the thing:

He wants to run a 3v3 tourney in the BYOC room on Saturday. If you're interested, you should totally hit him up or just show up on Saturday so we can see if this thing will happen.

PEOPLE BE SLEEPING ON THIS OLD MAN. I BEEN IN THE LAB KIDS DADS WILL BE TOUCHED <3 <3 <3

Pool A:
Grinta
Me
put your money where your mouth is. and more than 10 at that

@keninblack
I will be outta pool B you don't even know.

@MegamanDS @Jayford
If Jayford is late, we can delay his match, it's a 45-person tourney.
Alternately since these are small pools we could start at 11....?
Do we have an official end time? That would be easier, working backward to see when we really need to start.

put your money where your mouth is. and more than 10 at that

I only say Grinta because I know him in real life and have played him :3. You boddied me last time we played sooo who knows what could happen.

Thanks Mike you're the best :3. I shouldn't be late, just want to have everything covered.

woohoo I'm in pool d time to sleep in, PS you spelled my name wrong.

idk how so many FGC peepz can't spell Camaro