• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fire Emblem

I'd also be okay with Shara
because she's literally just Tharja.
but GOD HELP HER IF SHE DIDN'T GET DAT ASS COPY/PASTED TOO!

To take this thread in a better direction then 4chan waifu talk...

I don't know how I feel about this game, and this is coming from someone that has only played Awakening and Sacred stones (next goal, shadow dragon)...I dunno, I will probably buy nohr version. If I will buy the other version (with reduced pay) we will see later.

I will be going for Nohr version too I think, but mostly because it has the linear campaign style I like from the games outside Sacred Stones/Awakening/Gaiden.

If you're still new to the franchise (with only SS and Awakening under your belt), I'd recommend giving FE7 Blazing Sword/Fire Emblem on gba a try. It's one of the best and it demonstrates the virtues of the linear no-grinding-ever campaign quite nicely.

Shadow Dragon is okay, but as the first entry in the series, its pretty stripped down mechanically and story-wise. It's a nice skeleton, but it doesn't have the same meat that later games like Blazing Sword/Path of Radiance/Awakening/etc. do imo.

I'd also be okay with Shara
because she's literally just Tharja.
but GOD HELP HER IF SHE DIDN'T GET DAT ASS COPY/PASTED TOO!

About that (major spoiler alert)
Her S rank conversation with Kamui seems to imply she could be a reincarnation of Tharja. http://pastebin.com/UC1A6R0Q

About that (major spoiler alert)
Her S rank conversation with Kamui seems to imply she could be a reincarnation of Tharja. http://pastebin.com/UC1A6R0Q

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

That is the most bullshit excuse for recycling a character design I've ever fucking seen.
Just behind having them actually just be the character like Severa and Inigo.

waifu/pairing talk

I paired up my avatar with Chrom because the 3 main characters are the only ones well developed enough to go the relationship route with IMO. Some of the secondary characters have some interesting things going for them, but it's hard to beat the duality of plot/support development the main trio has.

Lucina would have worked too if I played as a male avatar, but the story/character interactions are sweeter with FemRobin X Chrom with Lucina as their daughter, since that unites all 3 mc's as a big happy family.

For the rest of the cast, I just tried to pair up with whoever had the best support convos between eachother. To be honest I felt kind of let down by a lot of the S-Rank romantic convos. IMO 5 convos isn't enough for proper development of that sort of thing, they should have just added more tiers.

Actually come to think of it, that's probably what they should be doing if they wanted to expand the romantic elements in If/Fates, instead of this petting/dirty talk nonsense.

From the way things are going, I'll probably keep my Avatar/Kamui single this time around, since this petting/fanservice thing is irritating as hell. Unless there's a similar improvement to the plot/character interaction overall by marrying an important character.

Last edited:
wait, so its confirmed that Inigo and Severa and just....Inigo and Severa? Then what bout the Gaius with slightly darker hair? That cordelia look-alive isn't really cordelia, though, right?

My biggest peeve is that they seem to have a buncha Awakening references, despite it not being that old. It's like they're TRYING to wink at the audience, but the designer never worked on the earlier characters in the franchise so he has no one else to reference. THEREFOR, I MUST TRY TO REFERNECE MY ONLY OTHER WORK ON FIRE EMBLEM! It'd be cool to see some of this for Shadow Dragon chars or other FEverses.

Also, question. Isn't it confirmed that Ike's world and Marth's world are the same? Due to Awakening and Paris?

Any Awakening knockoffs who aren't Odin, Luna or Lazward are the 2nd-gen children, so there's no chance of them being the same character, except for metaphorically due to the obvious copypasta designs

Oh Lucina and Robin. Cause Amibo :/

Say waifu like it's a bad thing.

Hinoka is 100/10.

latest

Reactions: BeatNinja
I also just wanna say that Kozaki is not the art director or director of anything in the game
He's just the character designer and the artist
He doesn't even do the armor designs for the classes iirc
He just kinda weaves everything together and throws a bunch of designs together to get rejected or approved

Waifu memes and "waifu talk" are one of the most insufferable things the internet has created in a long time.

I'd rather actually talk about characters I like than listen to the same "X is best girl" vs "your waifu is shit" one liners being thoughtlessly repeated ad nauseam.

TBH I actually think "waifu" is a cute phrase, but some people like to run mildly amusing in-jokes into the ground hardcore.

Waifu memes and "waifu talk" are one of the most insufferable things the internet has created in a long time.

I'd rather actually talk about characters I like than listen to the same "X is best girl" vs "your waifu is shit" one liners being repeated ad nauseam.
I can talk about how Hinoka is best girl.

I dunno, I'm with Squire on this.
I don't mind discussions about characters, even overwhelmingly positive ones, but there comes a point where you're just ranting about an infatuation (not the character, the infatuation) that no one really cares about.

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
I think it's okay to profess your infatuation with a character. Just as long as you actually say something. like: "I think her hair is pretty" or "I like her backstory". When you're just professing your infatuation through a stock internet phrase that doesn't even mean anything, then you're not even saying anything and are just acting as part of an unthinking hivemind.

What I wanna know is why are Owain, Severa and Inigo even here, story-wise
Did they get kicked out of Ylisse or something

I think they just kinda fucked off so they could be born in peace or something
time travel is weird

It seems we have our answer
We have Odin and Lazward's A-Support, plus the convos Amiibo Lucina has with Odin, Lazward and Luna

LAZWARD: Odin.
ODIN: Lazward... What's the matter? Why the somber face?
LAZWARD: Are we really the people we are? Are our memories real?
ODIN: Huh...? What's gotten into you?
LAZWARD: It's been a while since we came here, hasn't it. Both you and I, Odin. We've become Marx and Leon's servants, and started acting like we were always here.
ODIN: So you're saying it feels like we've become different people?
LAZWARD: Yeah. This world, the people, and even our names, they're all different, and it makes me think, maybe our memories of the other world were all a dream. That maybe our other selves are long dead, and we're totally different people from them...
ODIN: Don't be ridiculous, man. That other world undoubtedly existed, and you are exactly who you are. Once our duties here end, we need to go back. If either of those worlds is a dream, it would have to be this one.
LAZWARD: It's like we've always been dreaming, isn't it?
ODIN: ...
LAZWARD: Hey, remember when our very first world was destroyed? After that... we managed to reunite with our moms in the next world, and fought until we defeated the evil dragon.
ODIN: Yeah, how could I ever forget? That feeling the moment we slayed that dragon... I can't even put it into words.
LAZWARD: It was fun being in that world, wasn't it? Searching for tiaras, getting chased by bears...
ODIN: Hahaha... that really takes me back. Of course I remember it all. It's not something you dreamed up.
LAZWARD: Yeah, when I talk to you, I understand. I'm glad I didn't come alone this time. If I had... I might not be able to bear it.
ODIN: Lazward...
LAZWARD: Thanks for listening, Odin. It really helped. I guess that technically fulfills the promise we made way back, huh?
ODIN: Promise? What promise?
LAZWARD: That festival way back when, right? You said you'd gimme a shoulder to lean on in hard times.
ODIN: Ah... that's right.
Oh, it's almost time to move out. Let's go, Azur[Inigo].
LAZWARD: Huh!? What did you just-
ODIN: What's the matter, Azur of the Blue Skies? Didn't catch me saying your real name? Nothing wrong with that every once in a while, is there? There's nobody else around. Not even Serena[Severa] would have a problem with that... I hope.
LAZWARD: Ah... ahahaha... Thanks... Yeah, I'm feeling a lot better now.
ODIN: Alright, you've finally smiled. That's a better look for you. You look your best with a smile... You always have.
LAZWARD: You too, Eudes[Owain]. You haven't changed a bit either. No matter where we go, we'll still be ourselves.

Odin: What...!? L-Lucina!? You, what are you doing here!?
Lucina: Oh my... Owain, is that you? You came here too...! I'm so happy to see you, Owain!!
Odin: Uwah...! O-oi, Lucina, don't call my real name so loudly!! You're strange as always...
Lucina: What's wrong..?
Odin: No... You're not the Lucina I know... Not the Lucina that fought with me...
Lucina: Ufufu. What's with you all of a sudden? Is it one of your acts again?
Odin: ...Ah, that's right. It's fine with me if you think it's an act. But for now, whoever you are, I'll have you stop calling my real name! Listen up, over here, my name is the reborn warrior clad in darkness... Jet black Odin.
Lucina: That's right, Owain! Have you learnt more killer techniques? I haven't seen them in a long time... Your blue flame sword!
Odin: Oiiiii! Listen to me until the end!!

Raswald: Hm? Over there... There's a cute girl! Hey, have a moment? You over there, how'd you like to...
Lucina: Inigo!?
Raswald: Eeeeh!? You... Lucina!!!!!?
Lucina: Yes!
Raswald: W-why are you here... Or rather, if you call me by that name, it'll be troublesome...
Lucina: Fufu... I didn't even imagine we would meet here. Somehow your aura has changed, so I didn't recognise you immediately. Flirting the moment we meet, you're the same as always. That's right, if you win this battle, I'll have tea with you.
Raswald: R-really!? Yay! Okay, I'll try my best...! If I win, let's have a good chat! Then at that time, we'll talk... About who exactly you are and why you look like Lucina.
Lucina: Eh, did you say something?
Raswald: Nothing! Well, let's fight!

Lucina: Ah, Severa!
Luna: !? Y-you are... Lucina!!? What are you here!?
Lucina: That's... Somehow I got the feeling someone was calling me, and before I knew it, I was here.
Luna: Haah? What's with that... Then, what about the others... ...!?
Lucina: Um... What's wrong?
Luna: No... You're not... You're not that Lucina I know... An enemy's trap...? Although, I'm not getting a bad feeling...
Lucina: Eh..?
Luna: There's no choice... I'll take my time listening to your reasons later. It's troublesome that you have Lucina's face... But I'm already long used to defeating people I know!!
Lucina: Eeh!? S-Severa...!!?
Luna: Wrong! Now, I'm Luna! Remember this... Never call me by that name again!

Basically, this is the time trippin' versions of Owain, Inigo and Severa post-Awakening, who all went dimension-hopping and ended up in the Fates world but are starting to forget that they don't belong here

:/ so you get can support convos for the amiibos? Huh...wonder what Ike's are?

"can you feed me i lost my husband"
"no"
"darn. well see you later"

RE: all the Waifu talk,
I thought that the whole waifu craze would be something that people kind of grow out of. I had my waifu back in the day (Yomiko Readman) but I think the usage of the word has changed to be more along the lines of what Squire has talked about. Nowadays it's less about having a character that you like, and more this really off putting way of declaring your attraction to a character. And how this whole phenomenon has changed some of the games and shows I enjoyed in the past (looking at you Persona) has me worried about how things will go on.

Granted I'm just working my way through my first fire emblem game (GBA) so none of what is going on will probably affect me in the long run. But the last few pages have been interesting to read since it seems like the series is going full on Otaku pandering mode with some of it's mechanics.

you take my waifus from my cold dead hands you yankee

Reactions: SanoBaron
I'd like to see something akin to the legacy units show up in Fates. Though, redone. Maybe have Micaiah or Eliwood, maybe Hector, Ranulf, Innes. Some unique units from the past you can get that are essentially full on recreations of the past units without limiting them by the existing unit designs. Of course, I realize doing this would limit the appearing units heavily, but honestly I would be fine with that if it meant they had any sort of impact.

but anyways let's talk about the best kid
latest

If there was grappler class
this kid would be that class

When would there even be time for that during a war?

It's not like the Nohr lands have anything like that, and I doubt the Hoshido would give the Nohr time to rest to find a beach.

Oh great, I can't wait to see more similar pictures of the sister I was raised with...

God, her spine.
That looks massively uncomfortable, it's not quite broken yet,
but it's pretty fucking close.

Okay, look, I know the gay marriage thing is a step in the right direction, but holy shit these character choices were TERRIBLE.
upload_2015-6-25_10-1-32.png

This is NOT how you introduce different sexualities into a game series people.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me angry.
I can deal with incest, those extremely creepy rubbing lines, etc., but I can't deal with this.
I'm tired of "look how attractive your siblings are" being rubbed in my face.

To be fair, Shara is just Tharja in every way so obviously that aspect of her personality is gonna come back, in addition to her obvious bisexuality.

Still, having the only gay dude be (potentially) abusive is fucked up.

Of course it's also worth pointing out that same-sex marriage is still illegal in Japan, so I can understand why Nintendo is hesitant to add the feature in full.

Okay, look, I know the gay marriage thing is a step in the right direction, but holy shit these character choices were TERRIBLE.
View attachment 10542

This is NOT how you introduce different sexualities into a game series people.
some people like the yanderes.
there's a reason people like Tharja.
and it's not for dat ass that Nintendo banned America from seeing.

I suppose it's more of a problem that the only people who are bisexual in the game are crazy, or insane.
It doesn't put people like that in a positive light.
Of course it's also worth pointing out that same-sex marriage is still illegal in Japan, so I can understand why Nintendo is hesitant to add the feature in full.
Oh wow, I didn't know that. That actually gives me quite a bit of respect for Nintendo, considering they've put that in their game with those types of laws still in place.
It's nice to see homosexuality/bisexuality finally becoming an option for people in video games.

Reactions: Dr.Sanity
tbh, that's basically their way to work around it.
some companies will add a gay character but they have to make the character to where they can shrug it off if the creators/writers are asked about it.
Gaim did it with one of their more comedic characters, and I can see one of the ways they can get around it here is obsession.

Last edited:
The S-Rank supports for Zero and Syara are actually pretty cute and address their issues as characters.
Syara's in particular has some pretty interesting developments that you wouldn't expect of such a character
It doesn't particularly come across as forced to me, either

I like we made a pretty silent thread into a massive discussion about a game we won't get our hands on untill next year.

Unless you import it of course.

Need to stop reading here and other FE threads. Or I will be spoiled, again.

Reactions: Meow-Professor
So apparently, there's going to be some more "mature" themes in Fates, as in not sex-stuff but death. Actual maturity.

A lot of characters will die (not just "oh they lost all their health" death, but actual, cutscene/story text deaths) if you don't meet certain conditions on the map.
I like this a lot. I want more story-related choices that can happen in battles.

Here's a spoiler about who dies how in the story, if you don't meet some kind of condition.
Gunter falls off a bridge.
Kaze dies protecting you at some point.
It's speculated Camilla dies for you in the Hoshido path, but not confirmed yet, so take that with a grain of salt.
Flora, the blue-haired maid from Nohr commits suicide in the Hoshido path because she's forced to fight you.
Apparently, your little sister from Hoshido (Sakura) can be killed by monsters if you don't protect her in time in the Hoshido path.

Additionally, your adoptive dad from Nohr forces his youngest daughter, Elise, to watch him execute someone to toughen her up, or something.
(Well, this seems like a perfectly functional family I'm excited to be a part of)
As a spoiler-less overview, while Nohr is going to have the more intense gameplay, chances are Hoshido's story is going to be darker. I'm excited for this, actually. I really wanted some darker themes to Fates, but it really shows how out of place the waifu stuff is going to feel.

On the topic of petting, the breast-rubbing thing was deconfirmed. So, since this game has no full-on gore (I believe most of these deaths are off-screen or not very intense) this is still pretty easily getting a T rating.

Edit:
I forgot to add this, oops.
Anyways, some deaths cannot be stopped, which I'm disappointed by, because they're going to be playable anyways.
Here's the main one people are disappointed by, and is unavoidable:
Elise dies.
She's your youngest sister from Nohr, and you second-oldest brother from Nohr, Marx, kills her accidentally when she tries to intervene in a fight. It gets a full CG cutscene and everything. I'm not a fan for the fact you can marry or invest time into a unit just for them to die later, but the optional deaths I like.

Last edited:
I'm glad I'm going to pick Hoshido then.
because I got to the part in Awakening where Chrom has to step up and it was a beautiful scene having everyone say they believe in him.
because I honestly hope that the tragedies will be something that brings all the characters closer together.