• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Five Nights at Freddy's

Reddy4Freddy

What you have to understand about FNaF 1 and 2's engines is that they are barely engines. The games are really nothing more than pre-rendered backdrops with triggers placed around the place.
For example, when something grabs you in FNaF, it is not an object in the world lunging at you, but a pre-rendered
cut-scene. That's simple enough to understand, bu now you have to realize that that's how the entire game works. All places in the office, in the building, all with the Bots or without them is a separate render.
So, because they are all renders, they are not affected by light (For the record, there is no light, either; it just loads another render), so to make things look proper, you would have to recreate each model in the conditions that are in the area, and so you remake (Or recolour) the renders.
An easy way to think about it is that it's just a series of pictures and short animations attached to triggers. There is no 'game world' or any objects in it, just pictures of them.

Yeah but
even if that's the case you still use the same models for each of the shots there shouldn't be such intense color discrepancies like this.

Five Night's at Freddy's 2 Patch incoming.

To keep it short, Scott is planning to fix some design choices that he wasn't too fond off and "something extra".

Patch notes in here with the source, and a picture of what's changed:
tumblr_inline_ney2flpT1m1rxtrte.jpg

Patch Notes:
  • made you look :)
http://teamaqua-adminshelly.tumblr.com/post/102472387184/new-fnaf-game-leaked

Last edited:
Bro,
that ain't the Balloon Kid man.
Balloon Kid's got blue eyes man, what is this?
The game was rushed and the color was overlooked.

The game was rushed and the color was overlooked.

You'd have to go out of your way to change the color of something, man.
Shit doesn't just change color on it's own.

If Balloon Boy is the cupcake, and Ruin is the cupcake..
Who is Milk Chan?

rip me
The epitaph reads:
"Try going limp"

Reactions: KaboomKid
I like to think that the phone is sentinent instead of a guy on the other line.

Yeah but
even if that's the case you still use the same models for each of the shots there shouldn't be such intense color discrepancies like this.

It's the same model, but for each of the different lighting conditions, the models had to have been recoloured.
And when things are recoloured by hand, sometimes things fall through the cracks.
Relatively unimportant things, like eye colour, aren't on a high priority.
It is most likely just an oversight Scott made about the effect that sitting under a desk would have on a robot's eyes, and when the game was released, he didn't notice it or didn't have time to change it because the game was launched ahead of schedule.
I expect that it will be fixed in a patch eventually.
Or maybe Scott will keep it in because he's an asshole.

It's the same model, but for each of the different lighting conditions, the models had to have been recoloured.
And when things are recoloured by hand, sometimes things fall through the cracks.
Relatively unimportant things, like eye colour, aren't on a high priority.
It is most likely just an oversight Scott made about the effect that sitting under a desk would have on a robot's eyes, and when the game was released, he didn't notice it or didn't have time to change it because the game was launched ahead of schedule.
I expect that it will be fixed in a patch eventually.
Or maybe Scott will keep it in because he's an asshole.

I see
what you're saying
and reviewing your points feel compelled to agree

but at the same time I thought the same thing about Golden Freddy when I first saw him so I won't rule out the possibility that Mr. Purple Eyes is intended to be his own thing.

EMlyaZO.jpg

I remember somewhere, someplace someone asking for this.

I did. Not quite what I wanted but close enough.

I see
what you're saying
and reviewing your points feel compelled to agree

but at the same time I thought the same thing about Golden Freddy when I first saw him so I won't rule out the possibility that Mr. Purple Eyes is intended to be his own thing.

Oh, I'm not saying disregard the possibility completely; really, Scott is enough of a dick to make it into a thing even if it is just a graphical bug.

if I could dislike images i would dislike that exact image

Personally I like Projared's assessment on FNaf and FNaF 2
Also, even though he's wrong (kinda understandably so) I like the connection to Freddy and the music box, I thought it was very sound
COOOOOKIE.jpg

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
tumblr_neyq5rbSQn1tonhcao1_500.jpg

Night of the living Dolls.

Wait, is that a real thing or just a picture?
And, if that is real, what causes it?
Because that is terrifying.
It's the mobile version you can buy little dolls for like $0.99 for a added little flare.

It's the mobile version you can buy little dolls for like $0.99 for a added little flare.

Ahh, thanks, that makes sense.
Also, the person in that picture has already lost his game, poor fellow.

Actually, the dolls and stuff in Five Nights 2 are gotten from completing each custom night variation.

That seems to cover the robots of the different times appropriately.

So how long until the inevitable FNAF 3?

About two weeks

82e.jpg

Found this.

So, the gen 1 variations are obviously more archaic (Hard-edged, less camouflaging on the endoskeletons), but they are also a lot more mechanical, more parts, less room inside one. But in order for the current timeline to work, murderer dude needs to be inside one of them (Golden Freddy, to be specific), at some point earlier in the timeline than the first game.
So, may I ask, how did the murderer hide in a suit that has even less room to hide in than the current ones? Any ideas?

So, the gen 1 variations are obviously more archaic (Hard-edged, less camouflaging on the endoskeletons), but they are also a lot more mechanical, more parts, less room inside one. But in order for the current timeline to work, murderer dude needs to be inside one of them (Golden Freddy, to be specific), at some point earlier in the timeline than the first game.
So, may I ask, how did the murderer hide in a suit that has even less room to hide in than the current ones? Any ideas?
It might be obvious that the suit doesn't have a zipper...
Though this isn't a one pieced suit. I'm starting to wonder, how did the murderer get inside of the suit?

The Golden Freddy suit (V1) looks rather hollowed out compared to the rest of them. Maybe that could explain a few things?

The Golden Freddy suit (V1) looks rather hollowed out compared to the rest of them. Maybe that could explain a few things?

yCCfsBg.png

While G-Freddy still doesn't have eyes or teeth, he is stuffed to the brim with wires, and has a very visible endoskeleton under his fur.