• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Five Nights at Freddy's

Maybe the Freddy suit was being controlled by the marionette, the irony that a puppet controlling puppet is just too good to waste.

It's a midget

Angered by his constant belittlement, Reginald Johnson sits in his office, the small glass box under the set labeled 'Freak Show', and plots. Plots the downfall of the staff, like Jim, the worthless night guard, content to sit and record pointless messages instead of keeping the vents cleared. Or the CEO, for his 'executive decision' to force Reggie into that ridiculous costume, day after day, week after week. But most of all, the downfall of the excruciating nuisances forcing his life into this endless cycle.
Reggie calmly opens his bottom drawer, filled with his real clothes. He grabs his coat, and his hat, size 3, and pulls out a false bottom that a new day-guard cut for him. He grabs a small piece of cork-board, strings and picture loosely connected to it by rusty thumbtacks. These pictures are disparate, incomprehensible, meaning absolutely nothing to the average man. But to Reggie, this is his masterpiece. On one photo, a negative of a rarely used Fazbear costume, reserved for birthday parties. He followed the pink strand to a list of scheduled events.
No parties for the rest of the month.
He then darts his eyes back to the center, and sees the class photos of five elementary students. He shivers slightly, as his eyes scan behind him, through the door, to the remains of several rotted vegetables on the ground of his work space. He begins to walk, slowly towards them.
He stretches his arm to the ground to pick up a tomato, mysteriously undamaged from the impact. The grimace that he had been holding the entire time after his latest shift had been replaced by a sadistic smile. The administration had called this a 'class trip'.
If that is what it was, than administration was about to have one hell of a class fall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Why I wrote a piece of fan-fiction for a dumb joke is beyond even me)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe the Freddy suit was being controlled by the marionette, the irony that a puppet controlling puppet is just too good to waste.

I'm pretty sure that it was confirmed in the first game that the murderer was an employee of the pizzeria.

Tons have already been retconned anyway

Wait, Golden Freddy has an endoskeleton?
Then, who was,
tumblr_newnooeuyk1u1q3d2o1_1280.png

One of the marionettes proxies to make sure no one attempts to destroy it

I am personally a fan of the theory that the man who was moved to the day shift is the murderer.
The game makes it a point to say that the gen 2 bots have facial recognition tied to a criminal database, and popular theory is that he was the guy who suffered the bite.
The way I would see it fitting into our timeline so far is that day-shift guy (Who will now be referred to as 'Dave' for convenience) was a disgruntled employee at Fazbear's Family Diner, or maybe just a psychopath who slipped through the cracks, and murdered five kids and stuffed them into suits. He was put on trial for this, but was later acquitted for lack of concrete evidence against him. The diner closed, but years later reopened under 'Freddy Fazbear's Pizza', and Dave saw an opportunity to perhaps do it again. Unfortunately for him, he got stuck with the night shift, until some poor fool named James takes his place. Dave gets moved to the day shift, but unfortunately he failed to account for the new facial recognition software. As he is performing his new job, Foxy or The Mangle sees him, and registers him as the man who was put on trial for the murders. The technology is new, and its kinks have yet to be ironed out. It sees the acquitted man as guilty, and... you know the rest.

Wait, Golden Freddy has an endoskeleton?
Then, who was,
tumblr_newnooeuyk1u1q3d2o1_1280.png

The Mangle is very clearly shown in promotional art to have two separate heads:
uAP24m1.png

It stands to reason that the build-it-yourself attraction would have some amounts of removable parts, like the head, or the ears.

I am personally a fan of the theory that the man who was moved to the day shift is the murderer.
The game makes it a point to say that the gen 2 bots have facial recognition tied to a criminal database, and popular theory is that he was the guy who suffered the bite.
My theory is that the player is the one who suffers the bite.
It's said over one of the phone calls that the facial recognition software had been tampered with some time prior to night 4. So me and my friends speculate that "Dave" is input into the criminal database after killing the children, and because the phone guy tells you the player to stick close to the animatronics the day you are switched over to the day shift the machines confuse you with "Dave" and one of them takes a bite out of your frontal lobe in front of families and children. We speculate that it was the Mangled who ultimately did the deed.

edit: Specifically you are told to wear your uniform and stick close to them, so it makes sense that you would be mistaken as the previous day shift guy.

I wonder what occurred at that rusty old diner

Freddy 3 bitches

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
Five Nights at The Bank.

BECAUSE YOUTUBE MONEY.

AHPAHPAHP.

Reactions: Jimbob
After seeing the movie, I imagine BayMax replacing Foxy.
"I am BayMax. You have not said Ow recently. Please allow me to injure you so that I may heal you and keep my servos in working order. Please hold still..."

My theory is that the player is the one who suffers the bite.
It's said over one of the phone calls that the facial recognition software had been tampered with some time prior to night 4. So me and my friends speculate that "Dave" is input into the criminal database after killing the children, and because the phone guy tells you the player to stick close to the animatronics the day you are switched over to the day shift the machines confuse you with "Dave" and one of them takes a bite out of your frontal lobe in front of families and children. We speculate that it was the Mangled who ultimately did the deed.

edit: Specifically you are told to wear your uniform and stick close to them, so it makes sense that you would be mistaken as the previous day shift guy.

The major problem with both my theory and yours is that it relies heavily on a man being found innocent of a crime and still going on a dangerous criminal database.
There is another theory, however, that could turn basically everything we know about the bots and the Mannequin on it's head, and that is the four death minigames, 'GIVE GIFTS/GIVE LIFE', 'SAVE THEM/YOU CAN'T', and 'SAVE HIM', and the Foxy one.
The big thing about these is that they do give us the murderer:

iMNnvxo.png

Now, that image is very unhelpful; it has no details, no information, nothing.
But, that isn't the only time we see the Purple Man in the death minigames, and the second one is much more interesting:

RdS4AfX.png

Now, there are two major things to note about this image:
First, there is what appears to be a badge on his chest, or perhaps an 8-bit rendering of a Freddy Fazbear head. This just tells us what we already now if it's the second one; that he's an employee. But if it's a badge, then things get interesting (I think it's a badge for reasons that I'll get to in a bit). If it's a badge, then that means that Mr. Employee man holds some sort of security job, perhaps... checking cameras?
Now, that may seem like a bit of a leap, but when you take into account the second thing:
What is he holding in his hand?
Now, this is a topic of debate, but a very large amount of people see a phone in his hand.
You see where I'm going with this, right?
With the death minigames in mind, the new theory is that Phone Guy, the security guard who did cameras for a while, is the murderer, and that he got away clean.
Now, while that is very important, it is not the only thing that is revealed by the death games.
First, it obviously reveals that the Mannequin brought the animatronics to life, but for what reason?
If you look at the titles of the death games, then you may find out.
'SAVE THEM,', 'HELP THEM', 'GIVE GIFTS/GIVE LIFE', all of these may reveal some of the Mannequin's motivation. It could have revived them inside the bots for a second chance, or for revenge.
Now, back to the Purple Man image, I would like to point out probably the most obvious thing in the world, but trust me, it's important. You can't tell who it actually is; there are no very solid details. Now tell me, if you were brought back to life as a tool to get revenge on the person who killed you, and the only thing you knew about them was that they were a male security guard working cameras, what would you do if you, perhaps, saw a male security guard doing cameras at night?
But, there is still the matter of the criminal database, the one that operates wireless, with advanced facial detection software, set up to a digital storage of murderers, in the far off future year of... 1987. We can barely do facial recognition of that high a level today, let alone 27 years ago. Perhaps that is just a marketing ploy by Fazbear Entertainmentᴸᵀᴰ to try and shake off the stink that a mass-murder tends to leave on a business.

So, with all that being said, the current theory as it stands:

Phone Guy murdered five children while working a Fazbear's Family Diner and stuffed them into the suits. He got away with it completely, but something unexpected happened; the kids where brought back to life by some strange supernatural force, and there intent was revenge. He obviously had no idea about this, and so started working back at the restaurant when it reopened in '87. He was startled to find that the new bots were walking around, and grew paranoid about why. His paranoia was not helped by the fact that one day, a security guard got half of his brain bitten out by an animatronic for seemingly no reason. The place shut down again, but reopened a few years later on a tighter budget. He figured that, if he was going to kill more kids in the same way as before, now that the bots that had bitten the old guard were dead, he had nothing to fear, and took up the job a third time. He now worked nights, and bought the bullshit the company threw at him as to why he had to keep away from them. Unfortunately, his hubris became his undoing, and he was killed. Now the bots have killed another guard, another person that could have been their killer. But they have no idea if that was their killer; they never have. And so they still stalk the halls, attacking whatever poor guard that steps into that room with a uniform.

if Scott really makes Phone Guy the killer I'm just gonna be disappointed

if Scott really makes Phone Guy the killer I'm just gonna be disappointed

It could really be any security guard in the cannon, maybe even one that we don't know about, for that theory to work.
Also, if I may ask, is there any reason you would not want Phone Guy to be the killer? It makes about as much sense as Mike or James being the killer.
I only say Phone Guy because of the Purple Man sprite, but honestly, that could really be anything in his hand.

I feel like I'm missing a joke here...

Not really, the joke is just
the idea that the killer is a "character" that's only very loosely connected to the game at all.

Don't they state explicitly in the game that the facial recognition software is real, since someone actual tampered with it? You can't tamper with something that doesn't exist, so why would they say that if there wasn't any software at all? To an EMPLOYEE of all people?

Do you guys think, if Mike was the killer, do ya think if the animatronics got him, and killed him out of revenge, that they'd leave the next night guard alone?

FNAF 3: Where the murderbots are no longer so murderous. It's like Mario Party and the new night guard is like Toad in MP3.

The major problem with both my theory and yours is that it relies heavily on a man being found innocent of a crime and still going on a dangerous criminal database.
We both acknowledge that the facial recognition software was tampered with so all the animatronics have to work with is "guy in employee uniform" as their basis for the killer. It stands to reason that any employee, innocent or guilty, who was near them on the day of the bite would have been killed.

Now, there are two major things to note about this image:
First, there is what appears to be a badge on his chest, or perhaps an 8-bit rendering of a Freddy Fazbear head. This just tells us what we already now if it's the second one; that he's an employee. But if it's a badge, then things get interesting (I think it's a badge for reasons that I'll get to in a bit). If it's a badge, then that means that Mr. Employee man holds some sort of security job, perhaps... checking cameras?
We don't know if the animatronics specifially target employees prior to the murders happening though. And most jobs at kid joints like that have standard uniforms since people might get shifted to shifts any time during the day. So most likely the player, day shift guy, and phone guy all have the same type of uniform.

So, with all that being said, the current theory as it stands:

Phone Guy murdered five children while working a Fazbear's Family Diner and stuffed them into the suits. He got away with it completely, but something unexpected happened; the kids where brought back to life by some strange supernatural force, and there intent was revenge. He obviously had no idea about this, and so started working back at the restaurant when it reopened in '87. He was startled to find that the new bots were walking around, and grew paranoid about why. His paranoia was not helped by the fact that one day, a security guard got half of his brain bitten out by an animatronic for seemingly no reason. The place shut down again, but reopened a few years later on a tighter budget. He figured that, if he was going to kill more kids in the same way as before, now that the bots that had bitten the old guard were dead, he had nothing to fear, and took up the job a third time. He now worked nights, and bought the bullshit the company threw at him as to why he had to keep away from them. Unfortunately, his hubris became his undoing, and he was killed. Now the bots have killed another guard, another person that could have been their killer. But they have no idea if that was their killer; they never have. And so they still stalk the halls, attacking whatever poor guard that steps into that room with a uniform.
I don't know, Phone Guy seems too emotionally devastated by the news of the murders to be the killer. And there is no real reason for him to go back to a place with semi-sentient animatronics just to get more kids. I think that the animatronics have always had an awareness to themselves, hence why they could form a preference for children over adults when they think something is up. There is also the fact that Phone Guy doesn't work nights until FN@F 1 and we don't know what his position is prior to that. He could have also worked days, he could have been a store manager, or he could be from corporate.

Not discounting the possibility though.

Don't they state explicitly in the game that the facial recognition software is real, since someone actual tampered with it? You can't tamper with something that doesn't exist, so why would they say that if there wasn't any software at all? To an EMPLOYEE of all people?

That could have very easily been a cover story, sold to make it seem like they were better than they actually were.
Like,
"The only reason our super-advanced facial recognition software failed is because someone tampered with it, not because it doesn't exist."
As for why they would tell that to an employee, well, maybe an employee that works for minimum wage, in a shit building, who could very easily go to the press, and would lose very little from the place being exposed as frauds.

I don't know, Phone Guy seems too emotionally devastated by the news of the murders to be the killer.

As I said in a response earlier, for this theory to work, the murderer would just have to be a thin man in a uniform and some kind of badge, no other prerequisites. The only reason that I and others say Phone Guy is because the Purple Man sprite looks like he's holding a phone.

I think that the animatronics have always had an awareness to themselves, hence why they could form a preference for children over adults when they think something is up.

My problem with that is it doesn't match up with GIVE GIFTS/GIVE LIFE, or even really SAVE THEM/YOU CAN'T for that matter. If they were already alive, why would the Mannequin have to bring them to life?

There is also the fact that Phone Guy doesn't work nights until FN@F 1 and we don't know what his position is prior to that. He could have also worked days, he could have been a store manager, or he could be from corporate.

I think the fact that he gives you accurate advice in FNaF 2 is a big enough indicator that he was working nights, combined with how he so matter-of-fact about everything in FNaF 1; there's no 'I think this works,' or 'that works for me, maybe for you.' It's always 'do that, that always works'.

I thought he was just relaying stuff from the first night guy
the one that quit before Jeremy came along

I thought that too, he mentions that he is going to transfer to nights after you move to days on the last night. And I thought that segued to his involvement with FN@F1 where he is the night monitor.

MMan7172 said:
That could have very easily been a cover story, sold to make it seem like they were better than they actually were.
Like,
"The only reason our super-advanced facial recognition software failed is because someone tampered with it, not because it doesn't exist."
As for why they would tell that to an employee, well, maybe an employee that works for minimum wage, in a shit building, who could very easily go to the press, and would lose very little from the place being exposed as frauds.

He would've gone to the press already because of the killer robots, which he KNOWS ABOUT. And could probably easily PROVE with CAMERA FOOTAGE. Why would they need to keep him in the dark about a supposedly non-existant software when it isn't necessarily stopping him from going to the press anyway?

Answer me this.

Gais, there's a third Freddy game confirmed by Scott.

There was a dulled out 3 on his website a couple days ago.

Did anyone not expect a 3rd game?

inb4 there was a Freddy Fazbear's Diner before the Freddy Fazbear's Diner in FNAF3

Scott would be out of his mind not to make a third game, (and more after that i'd reckon) the game brings in so much dosh.