• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fortune Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only things I miss with Fortune (currently) is the bounce from her Cat Spike and her LP combo extension from her ground Super. But these changes just means I need to actually learn her >w<

Is there ANY chance for the ground super to be comboable again someday?

Not likely. I already listed the reason.

Well...if she went from chain type LLMMH to LMH then I would likely give it back...

Reactions: CaioLugon
Good News: I've made a combo from this, negative edging, and the ol' cr.HK(1)>DA>Cat Scratch M>Cat Scratch Fever

Bad News: Can't keep away from the negatives, so FUN

*head in corner*

cr.lk, st.mk, st.hk, IAD j.mp,lk axekick,st.lp(1),st.mp, st.mk while holding HP, Cat Scratch M, release HP for Headbutt after a slight pause,st.lk,st.mp,st.mk,cr.hk(1),Cat Scratch M> You Go Girl

Does about 6-6.2 k

I finished my combo, does 6.4k without using the otg and with 5 undizzy to spare for either a dhc or an otg abc super. The latter makes it 7750 damage and the DHC could add another 1k or more on top of that.

cr.lk, s.mk, s.hk, IAD j.mp xx lk axekick, j.lk xx mk axekixk, s.lp xx el gato, s.mp, s.mk, s.hk, j.lp, j.lk xx mk axekick xx feral edge

On filia the head can hit up to 14 times, swag.

Not likely. I already listed the reason.

Well...if she went from chain type LLMMH to LMH then I would likely give it back...
That would actually be pretty nice.

Maybe LLMH?

I'd do it to everyone if I could. I didn't expect ANYONE to be for that for their character.

Although s.mp > s.mk is fundamental to sandwich combos...

Maybe only while head on?

I, for one, am against this. It would make certain restands either difficult or impossible.

Shouldn't this not work?

I, for one, am against this. It would make certain restands either difficult or impossible.
Head-on? Can you give an example if so?

I also don't really like the idea while headless, but following up from a super is a pretty big deal...

Shouldn't this not work?
there's something weird with that adc j.hp, DDB also said he managed to combo into cat spike from it.

The current knockback makes that possible. If you delay the j.HP after Fiber, it becomes a crossup option.

The current knockback makes that possible. If you delay the j.HP after Fiber, it becomes a crossup option.
He's doing hk axe kick after j.hp, it shouldn't link.

He's doing hk axe kick after j.hp, it shouldn't link.
Oh! Missed that bit... Um, wow. Yeah, that shouldn't be a thing.

Oh right, I forgot that people don't know...
If you land on the last frame of your hitstun there is one extra frame of hitstun because there's always a landing frame of it.
So yes, you can do HK axekick or Spike after j.HP if you are frame-perfect, but it's not something I would rely on.
I could also fix it. :^P

Is this still the optimal head on bnb for the beta changes right now?

I'm having a hell of a time landing this on smaller characters like Squiggly. I know you have to microdash but I can't seem to get it to work. Does anyone have any tips for making it easier?

edit: You can just do s.MK, s.HP instead, but you get less damage.

Last edited:
The easier BnB that still does 7k+ is:

stuff > :D::HP: :>: j.:LK: :>: j.:HP: :>: ADC :>: j.:LK: :>: j.:HP: :>: j.:QCB::MK: :>: :D::HP: :>: j.:MP: :>: j.:MK: :>: j.:HP: :>: j.:QCB::MK: :>: otg :LP: :>: :MP: :>: :HP: :>: rekkas :>: super

Not only is this easier and universal, you get a good mixup spot when you land after the first j.:QCB::MK:

Last edited:
Reactions: FuLLBLeeD
Fiber loops do pretty easy 7.3k

c.lk, s.mk, s.hk, lk fiber,
j.hp, adc, j.hp, mk axekick,
c.mp, s.mk, s.hk, lk fiber,
j.lk, j.hp, mk axekick, dash,
s.lp, s.lp, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, rekka, super

Last edited:

When I was testing this combo it did 8.3k damage, but I couldn't do it when recording. Then I forgot what starter I used for the 8.3k damage combo, so for all I know i just used a heavier starter to get that damage.

Reactions: Hilary
Oh right, I forgot that people don't know...
If you land on the last frame of your hitstun there is one extra frame of hitstun because there's always a landing frame of it.
So yes, you can do HK axekick or Spike after j.HP if you are frame-perfect, but it's not something I would rely on.
I could also fix it. :^P
lk fiber > j.hp > hk axekick is actually pretty easy to get in the corner on light characters, but the most I got was 9.4k with a pretty hard combo and doesn't seen to allow crazy resets so I don't see a problem in keeping it there.

So today I was messing with burst baits off the new Fortune bnbs off max redizzy. I found one that's simply a j.LP IAD back after the j.MP, j.HP airdash, but it seems kind of obvious. Does anyone have anything better?

What are you guys doing for HK Fiber Upper confirms?

With no CH, I always do this:

hk fiber, j.mp, j.mk, mk axe kick,
c.lk, s.hk(2), lk fiber, j.lk, j.hp, mk axe kick,
dash, s.lp, s.lp, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, rekka, super

But you can do a lot more with hps added at the beginning, I went into training and made this in two minutes:

hk fiber, j.hp, adc, j.mk, j.hp, mk el gato,
dash, s.lp, s.lp, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, rekka, super

Medium CH doesn't give a lot more to work with, but if you can link another chain with your assist:

hk fiber, j.mp, j.mk, mk axe kick,
s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, assist,
s.lp, s.lp, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, rekka, super

8.2k with cerecopter

I have something similar in my twitch recordings that I have been meaning to upload to youtube, I'll link to it when I get the chance. I use axe kicks instead of j.hk, but this is a cool iteration of corner head juggle for sure.

Also a reminder to myself, test out midscreen headless reset with j.lk ad, j.lk, j.mk fast fall crossunder with head juggle. It probably works.

i got one. does 7.7

launch> j hp > adc > jhp > lk axe kick > cr hp(?/ i was tired when i did this) > j mp > j mk > mk axe kick> cr lk > st mk >st hk or st hp> rekkas hp> super.

i'll test it some more and adjust the notation

Include your starter so your damage numbers are less misleading. Also, axe kick into cr.HP is like a 1 frame link, 2 at best. O_o
cr.LK > st.MK (2) > cr.HP > j.HP > ADC > j.HP > MK Axe kick > cr.MK > cr.HP > j.MP > j.MK > MK axe kick > st.LP x2 > st.MK > st.HP > Rekkas > Super...
does 7188 damage. You're better off just doing this, though:

Last edited:
ok i was definitely tired....here goes my combo.

so this is the whole notation

cr. lk > cr hp> j hp > adc > j hp > lk axe kick > cr lk > s mk > cr hp > j mp > j mk> m axe kick >cr lp >s mp(any number of hits of your choosing) > s hp > rekkas > super

does 7.6 - 7.7 damage

ok i was definitely tired....here goes my combo.

so this is the whole notation

cr. lk > cr hp> j hp > adc > j hp > lk axe kick > cr lk > s mk > cr hp > j mp > j mk> m axe kick >cr lp >s mp(any number of hits of your choosing) > s hp > rekkas > super

does 7.6 - 7.7 damage
Who did you test this on? I can't get the combo to work vs Fortune, Peacock, and Painwheel midscreen. (Drops at the first axe kick unless I use an OTG)

Edit: Did it in the corner and the combo I posted above does more damage (with both cr.LK > cr.HP and cr.LK > st.MK > cr.HP) and is more consistent.

peacock i tested it on it works. i need to test it on PW. and the combo your vid shows is at 7.5 mines does 7.6.
for peacock the timing is strange at first but it works.
That's because you started from a light straight into a launcher. Do the combo I posted going from cr.LK straight to cr.HP and you'll see it does more damage.

Though if you do your combo and add in a j.HP after the j.MK then you get the most damage. But yeah your combo is inconsistent midscreen.

Last edited:
ok tested it on PW.........IT only works in the corner for her for some reason got any ideas why?

Edit: i just did my combo from raw launch it does.......7.6 wtf. i'm dumb
Axe kick hitbox isn't large enough, it seems. That's why I always do j.HP > ADC > j.LK > j.HP in my first air chain from a launcher instead of j.HP > ADC > j.HP.

Yea due to the recent kncockback change for j.hp you can only do j.hp j.hp axe kick in the corner, but it is still universal there.

Include your starter so your damage numbers are less misleading. Also, axe kick into cr.HP is like a 1 frame link, 2 at best. O_o
cr.LK > st.MK (2) > cr.HP > j.HP > ADC > j.HP > MK Axe kick > cr.MK > cr.HP > j.MP > j.MK > MK axe kick > st.LP x2 > st.MK > st.HP > Rekkas > Super...
does 7188 damage. You're better off just doing this, though:

What's the optimal reset point in that combo, the j.MP?

What's the optimal reset point in that combo, the j.MP?
The j.MP or j.MK.
Though really just reset where you think you can reset and actually get the hit. It's better to stay unpredictable and reset at different points in a combo (I say this yet I don't do this myself <_<).

I dunno what the typical head on combo is like but since the change I've been using this and I'm pretty sure it's universal
7.2k for 1 meter with c.LK -> s.MK (2 hits) starter.

c.LK -> s.MK -> s.HK -> LK Fiber -> j.HP -ADC> j.HP -> MK Axe Kick -land> c.LK -> c.HP -jump> j.LP -> j.HP -ADC> j.LK -> j.HP -> MK Axe Kick -land & dash> s.LPx2 -> s.LK -> s.MP -> s.MK -> s.HP -> HP Rekka x3 -> Super

(s.HK can be removed for 7.5k damage, but it limits the range at which the LK Fiber will hit so best to keep it in)

A good jump-in can let you omit the c.LK -> s.MK starter, in some cases you can use s.HP -> Fiber (leads to 9k) after the jump-in, others you can just go straight to Fiber (gives something like 8.5k).

EDIT: Ok ahaha I was redirected to the first page of the thread and looks like this combo is as old as time. Good job me.
EDIT2: Maybe not quite the same? Idk

Reactions: Sparties
Status
Not open for further replies.