• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fortune Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.
7.3k fiber loop is teh best combo
c.lk, s.mk, s.hk, lk fiber,
j.hp, adc, j.hp, mk axekick,
c.mp, s.mk, s.hk, lk fiber,
j.lk, j.hp, mk axekick, dash,
s.lp, s.lp, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, rekka, super

We should start looking more into counterhit combos. Most notably off of st.HP, j.HP, Fiber Upper, whatever you guys use to punish blocked supers (I personally use cr.MK since I don't trust my launcher to hit), and the like. If you guys post them here I can make a video of all of the combos just so they're all in one place in video form.

A HCH combo I do a lot

from j.mp burst bait in the corner:

CH j.hp, j.hk, c.hp, lk fiber,
j.hp, adc, j.hp, mk el gato,
s.hp, lk fiber, j.lk, j.hp, mk el gato,
(dash) s.lk, s.mp, s.hp, lk fiber, j.mp, j.hp,
s.lp, s.lp, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, rekka, super

10569 and 11039 if you get hk el gato > s.hp after the j.hk knock down

Also, it does 9437 from a grounded CH j.hp.

I need some help with a combo i use and since you guys are the fortune experts i figured id ask here.

My combo (head on)

Cr.lk,st.mk(2),st.hk(full) xx lk fiber,j.hp xx airdash j.lp,j.hp,cr.mp,st.hk(full) xx lk fiber, j.lk,j.hp xx airdash j.mp,st.lpx2,st.mp,st.mk,st.hk xx rekka x3 xx super

(6.2-6.5k)

This is universal afaik and pretty easy to pull off and has very good reset points. My question is, is there any way to further optimize it WHILE KEEPNG ITS UNIVERSALITY?

6.2k for 1 meter sounds yucky, especially for head-on. I'm sure there's something in khaos' video that is mostly universal or requires some very minor tweaks to work on certain characters.

The first BnB I do is universal (just about everything in that video should be universal with slight changes here and there). But as for your particular combo, I imagine...
Cr.LK > st.MK (2) > st.HK (3)
LK Fiber > j.HP > ADC > j.HP > MK axe kick
cr.MP > st.MK (2) > st.HK (3) > LK Fiber
j.LK > j.HP > MK axe kick
st.LP x2 > st.LK > st.MP > st.MK (2) > st.HP > HP Rekka > Super

... would get you the most damage. (7341)

Edit: Just realized that's actually my third combo in the video. Just with slight changes on the number of hits for certain moves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dime
I want more combos that promote creative reset points, so I have pretty much solidified my headless corner combo, I have no way of making a video for a little while so notation will have to do. This is annoying because the timing is rather difficult to discover for yourself, but trust me that this is universal.

1 meter ~6.6k, head in the corner:
cr.lk, s.mk,s.hk,
AD j.mp xx lk axekick,
j.lk xx mk axekick,
s.lp xx el gato,
s.mp, s.mk, s.hk
j.lp, j.lk xx mk axekick xx feral edge
Zoom, s.hk

The ending is HEAVILY modifiable, I chose to end it with a launcher burst bait that can be used as an airthrow set up (the head will be close enough to confirm, I think). Another ender can be a super that puts them back into the corner and stacks on more damage, and if you can time a zoom sneeze right you can set up burstable knockdowns as well. Each chain can create weird reset points any time the head juggles, making it very unpredictable. It also has the benefit of having an el gato in the conbo so you can train people to block high simply by doing the combo and reminding them that you have an overhead.

A point that I know khaos will like, you can do a variation of cr.hk xx mk rekka after any chain other than the j.lp chain. You can also switch between lk and mk axe kicks to alter timings and hitsounds, as well as creating different resets entirely. There is also the fact that the head juggle can conceal the sounds of a fast fall or a tick throw, if you alter the j.lk chain to be j.lk, j.mk(1), AD grab, it is much more difficult to hear coming than a normal tick throw.

There is more to be discovered with this combo, and one major benefit is that each individual chain is strong so if you manage to axe kick loop yourself to the corner you can implement a juggle chain into the axe kick loops. The flexibility of this kind of juggle chain allows for that, and the strength of the following mix ups makes it an attractive option.

Yea I just wrote an essay about a combo, deal with it. I won't stop whoring it out until I see more people doing hype juggle chains.

Also @KhaosMuffins wtf is that avatar, are you a maid now.

Last edited:
so uh, you can do stuff after head-roll reversal (counter-hit. non counter-hit does like 7k I think?)

EDIT: now with video

head roll(stagger)->zoom->cat call->s.lp->s.mk->cr.hp->j.hp->j.lk->adc->j.hp->mk axe kick->cr.lk->s.mp->s.hp->hp rekka->super 7.3k

There's probably cooler head cancel stuff to do BUT HEY LOOK I GET TO STAY HEAD-ON FORTUNE and that's kinda cool.

also you're -50 undizzy if it was a counter-hit so maybe other people can find cool things from reversal head roll

There should really be more reversal combo stuff.

Last edited:
so uh, you can do stuff after head-roll reversal (counter-hit. non counter-hit does like 7k I think?)

head roll(stagger)->zoom->cat call->s.lp->s.mk->cr.hp->j.hp->j.lk->adc->j.hp->mk axe kick->cr.lk->s.mp->s.hp->hp rekka->super 7.3k

There's probably cooler head cancel stuff to do BUT HEY LOOK I GET TO STAY HEAD-ON FORTUNE and that's kinda cool.

also you're -50 undizzy if it was a counter-hit so maybe other people can find cool things from reversal head roll

There should really be more reversal combo stuff.

i did my own variation because i couldn't do yours :P

head roll > zoom>cat call > s lk> s mk> s hk> L fiber> j hp> ADC > j lk > Jhp > s lp > s mp > st hp >rekkas

does 6.9

Hi there I should as well post my stuff here even though it's not something really amazing it's a different route head-on that might help people. If you tend to drop things a lot (like me) give it a try >_>

Same timing for all characters:
cr.LK, s.MK, s.HP, qcf.HP, qcf.HP, Slide*,
cr.LK, s.HK (2 Hits), L.Fiber,
- j.MP, j.HP,
s.MK, s.HK (2 Hits), L.Fiber,
- j.LK, j.HP,
s.LP, s.LP, s.MP, s.MK, s.HP, qcf.HP, qcf.HP, qcf.HP, qcf.PP 6886
*Delay the slide a bit might help

This one doesn't work on Fortune, Valentine midscreen maybe forgot some >_<.
A bit more damaging version (I'm using both):
cr.LK, s.MK, s.HP, qcf.HP, qcf.HP, Slide*,
cr.LK, s.HK (2 Hits), L.Fiber,
- j.LK, j.HP, qcb.MK,
s.MK**, L.Fiber,
- j.MP, j.HP,
s.LP, s.LP, s.MP, s.MK, s.HP, qcf.HP, qcf.HP, qcf.HP, qcf.PP 7034

** 1 Hit to make it work on both Val and MF midscreen.

I really do like it, because it's easy, you can confirm your combo easily, full combo even at full range cr.LK, character independent, you do cool resets when you miss (instead of unsafe things), you have a lot of time to think when doing the first rekkas, there are tons of reset points.

Oh yeah and if you start it back to the corner you shall end it in the other corner, it travels full screen <3

It's use up OTG really fast though.

Any comments?

One day I asked on irc and Khaos said 'What is working, is what is working for you', so I guess this is it.

Last edited:
Hey guys general combo comment that I'm not sure many people have figured out, and is especially relevant now with the new j.hp restand. cr.lk doesnt combo into s.hk when the opponent is standing, it only combos as a juggle after you use the cr.lk to otg. s.lk, s.hk works just fine, but its kinda wonky andthe lk fiber after the s.hk might whiff. The safest route to go on a restand lk chain is cr.lk, s.mk(1), s.hk.

Any comments?
Just wanted to point this out, but this combo is in the combo video I posted above (1:52). (Just with more axe kicks and starting straight off a st.HP as a long-range poke)

Just wanted to point this out, but this combo is in the combo video I posted above (1:52). (Just with more axe kicks and starting straight off a st.HP as a long-range poke)
Oh my bad I didn't look at this one, well I'm happy to find stuff all by myself at least haha

You can probably do a better combo than this but just showing that it's a thing

These should work on everyone. Due to IPS stages being weird sometimes when it comes to when an assist hits and when you do fiber, you might opt to leave out the c.MP after the first axe kick to avoid accidentally triggering undizzy, which makes you lose out only like 100 damage.

Thats weird, I was just working on corner fiber combos off of throw earlier today. Using j.hk like that is pretty interesting, its a shame that it doesn't look like you can get any resets off of it

You can also do an mk fiber into a standard bnb, but getting the axekick in before you fall back to the ground is pretty difficult so its best to just leave it out.

Last edited:
You could do j.lk j.mk fast fall for a high low throw situation. Also you can still combo J.lk j.mk j.hk and get an otg.

Edit: Or not since throw takes your otg, you can still do j.hp instead of j.hk.

I was mostly interested in the fact the the j.hk throw the opponent down at harsh speeds, so it would be cool to do a reset during that jerky movement. This seems to be impossible though because you have to use the air dash to do the next chain, and if you don't they get out of the corner for free after they roll out. This limits the reset potential of that chain to 0 because you only have one option after the j.hk other than letting them go. Luckily you can still do her standard mix ups so it's still a fine combo.

I would almost want to say fast fall into air grab would be really strong because they will still be reacting to their characters change in position above the ground by the time you do it, so it kind of masks the reset and gives it a weird timing.

I haven't read the thread I haven't touched this character in months I couldn't sleep hi here you go

enjoy jHP jHK adc jHK sLP

edit: 'notation'

cLK cHP delay jHP jHK adc jHK sLPx1 cHP jMP jHP adc delay jLK jHP cLK/sLK sMP sMK sHK HRekkax3 QCF+PP

what you SHOULD do

cLK sMKx2/cMK cHP delay jHP jHK adc jHK sLPx1 cHP jMP jHP adc delay jLK jHP sLK sMP sMK sHK HRekkax3 QCF+PP

actually you just shouldn't do this combo lel

7.7k vs Filia

Last edited:
On the above combo (modified it a bit for ya):
c.LK > s.MK (2) > c.HP
j.HP > j.HK > ADC > j.HK
dash > cr.LK > cr.HP
j.MP > j.HP > ADC > j.LK > j.HP
dash > st.LP x2 > st.LK > st.MP > st.MK > st.HP (this does more damage than st.HK) > Rekka > Super

Does 7514 damage (about the same as the current midscreen I personally do... like a 20 damage difference). It works on Bella, Double, and Peacock so I'm guessing that it works on everyone.
That's a cool combo, thanks. :D

Reactions: Dhoppler and gllt
J.hk is the weirdest normal in the game.

You can probably get one more chain in but I just wanted to show off the starter.

Reactions: Hilary and gllt
Trying my hand at something here, well branching off I should say

Timings kinda tight on the slip under though

Reactions: gllt
@Vladislav_Paizis If it aint too much trouble, do you think you could get all the current working combos into the OP so that people will find stuff much easier?

@Vladislav_Paizis If it aint too much trouble, do you think you could get all the current working combos into the OP so that people will find stuff much easier?
I've been very busy lately and I haven't visited this thread in a long time. Would anyone kindly tell me which post here starts with the latest working combos and maybe I could Copy/Paste the rest after it to the OP? I lost count how many times SG got rebalanced, especially Fortune.

Anyone feel like looking into different combos off of a high height airthrow with the head-on? Same with counterhit combos.

Aren't those combos just throw, feral edge, sneeze, headless shit?

On a related note, is it possible to get the head to restand after the feral edge xx sneeze or am I just bad? I always feel like the head recovers from sneeze right as they hit the ground.

I have that one grab combo in the combo video that restands, but I'm looking for something easier since I always screw that up (I can get it off of a ground throw more easily than off of an air throw).

I have that one grab combo in the combo video that restands, but I'm looking for something easier since I always screw that up (I can get it off of a ground throw more easily than off of an air throw).
You can do throw > dash back > whiff something > feral edge > stuff to get better spacing for the follow up

So after the airthrow I can fall a little and connect with jHK then do a little combo from that but the highest ive gotten was like 4.6k

It only works on the airthrow from the second jump but for just one jump airthrow jHP connects
I can make do a video on it when I get the time

The notation if anyone cares
Airthrow > [delay] j.HK > dash > 5LP > 5MP > 5HK > 623LK > jLK > jHP > 236MK > 2MP >5MK > Rekkas > Catscratch super

The first non-counter combo I've ever made that reaches 10k (gonna go prooooo)

Works on Big Band and Double. Is preferable for tall characters (sorry Eliza), so trying to make it work on P Soul by subbing the j. hks with El Gato Ls and Ms, but that's still in progress

j.hp>land then jump>*j.lk>j.hp>j.hk>land then jump>j.lp>j.hp>j.hk>land*>st.mk(2 hits)>st.hp>Cat Scratch H(2 hits)>Slide>cr.lk>st.hk(2 hits)>Fiber Upper L>*j.hp>j.hk>st.lp(2 hits)>st.lk>st.mp(all hits)>st.mk(2 hits)>st.hp>Cat Scratch (3 hits)>feel the fury of Nadia

From *1-*2: All this landing and jumping is pretty easy to just do but if you don't pay attention to how fast you are rising and falling it becomes a bit harder to link the st.mk after the second j.hk. To fix this, just delay pressing the buttons in each air chain so that you do the second j.hk as close to the ground as possible. This makes the link super easy. Just don't delay it so much you whiff a j.hk (actually that might make a good reset point if you do but we're about finishing our plate here at Yu-Wan's Restaurant, so combo it up).

*3: The Fiber Upper L>st.hp>st.hk is a bit hard to restand with, especially the j.hk part. Best advice is to do the j.hp as you are rising so the j.hk restands them, otherwise your combo ends there, comrade.

Have fun modifying this to do 11k, cause I know you will

Please Combo Responsibly

I'll try as soon as i get back in the house. It'll be coming from my phone so prepare for poverty (and make it double).

I keep hitting ips after j.hp in the lk fiber chain, the j.lp chain is in ips 3 so it starts tracking j.hp there.

edit: and even when I take ips trigger off I'm still only getting 8272 damage in 2v2. Where you doing it 2v3? It does 10762 with damage multiplier 1.30.

Alternatively, if you were missing the first link after the j.hp jump in to the j.lk chain, in 2v3 you would get a 10378 damage combo. That combo doesn't trigger ips at all so I think that's what happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.