• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua General Discussion

c.MK no longer does 1024 damage starting from no damage scaling.

A grim day for Fukua.

c.MK no longer does 1024 damage starting from no damage scaling.

A grim day for Fukua.

It is a better confirm, less damage added late in a combo.

5HP is wayyy less safe though, so you can't braindead chain into, though you could still LK drill on block anyway.

Also important, is that command grab is now bigger! Also you can do 2 of any lights.

So mess with like
cr.MP->cr.HP, short dash cr.MP->cr.HP, short dash s.LKx2->cr.MP->cr.HP, short dash s.LPx2->cr.MP->cr.HP, s.MK->s.HP
and corner
cr.MP->cr.HP, cr.HP, the above
and tell me whether it looks too stupid/is too annoying, because it does less damage than j.HK stuff so it's not optimal but I will be messing with it if it pisses people off. It does give you some interesting reset points though, and let you do cr.MP->cr.HP, s.HK.

Reactions: gllt
Coming up with the plan for Fukua and her hilarious video so quickly, then actually executing it like the Skullgirls team did, is not only brilliant-- but also impressive.
Even though the moves are "re-skins", they're damn smart, moderately cool ones-- especially the modified Filia level three.
Also, Zone-Sama = huehueheuhe, I get why they called her scandalous.
That puppy is adorable, and should be playable, by the way.

I like the way bubbles fireflies fill the whole screen when you throw around Fukua during ultimate showstopper. It's simply fabulous.

well I'm not sure if were past it now, but I like the untechable knock down air throw gives

I like the way her air throw is now, you get the sliding knock down but can still combo off of it with the right set up.

c.mp > c.hp is fun to use but not that optimal due to the less damage it gives you. I feel like Fukua would feel less like Filia if c.lk(x2) > c.mp > s.hp was her most optimal starter to a combo than c.lk > c.mk > s.hp but thats just me.

All in all Fukua is a lot of fun to play and I'm happy to see she is only getting better.

I gotta ask, am I crazy in thinking that Fukua's main palette is a reference to Rare Akuma?

I gotta ask, am I crazy in thinking that Fukua's main palette is a reference to Rare Akuma?
Her main palette was just something that Brady made in a minute on Photoshop to go with the joke so it's probably not meant to reference anything. Like any palette though, it can reference anything you want if it works for you.

You could multibounce before this change was made. It was just more character specific and you had to use fireball in between to save bounces. Actually the combo I was using before was a multibounce that seemed to work on most people but only bounced 3 times.

st.hp xx j.hk, st.hp, j.hp,j.hk, cr.mp, cr.hp, st.mk, cr.hp, dash cr.lp, st.lp, st.mk, cr.hp xx whatever

Just a passing thought, but what if Fukua's ground normals chained opposite of Filia's (e.g. LK->LP->MK->MP->etc)?

If you want to kill all known Fukua combos before she's even a week old, then sure, that could work.

Reactions: Arcana
The muscle memory I have for the magic series aches at the thought of doing it kicks to punches.

Reactions: Mr. X
If you want to kill all known Fukua combos before she's even a week old, then sure, that could work.
It would be like having a whole new character all over again. . .I dont think Fukua would be as Hype the second time though

K->P crouching and P->K standing like COTA Akuma.
And no, no backwards chains for the whole character.

Though I might actually be able to add the special move she's missing, which was supposed to be a drill replacement...

Also @winnie I mean I know you think you're the shiznit and eeerthang but cr.LK->cr.MK->s.HP is not EITHER character's optimal starter from cr.LK.
cr.MK pulls in from further, so you use it for that, but it gives you less damage overall in your combo by contributing more hits to the damage scaling, even though it does more damage itself.
Filia's most damaging Medium normal is cr.MP, so her optimal start is what you wanted Fukua's to be, cr.LK->cr.MP->s.HP (1800 compared to cr.MK 1719, with 4 fewer hits of scaling).
Fukua's most damaging Medium normal is s.MK, so her optimal start is cr.LK->s.MK->s.HP - although the starter itself does less damage, the next hit and following combo will do more.

For example, with Filia, cr.LK->cr.MK(all)->s.HP /\ j.HP dash j.LK->j.HK is 2645, but replacing the cr.MK with cr.MP (delay the j.HP, it still works fine) is 3380, and the damage difference only goes up from there since all followup hits are less scaled.

So they ARE different in the way you wanted, but y'know, backward, since your premise was wrong. :^P

Reactions: No longer exist
Eh? Another special? What was it meant to do other than replace Drillationshipping?

Oooh an extra special move. Adding more to that fukua arsenal ;)

@Mike_Z

Would it be possible for every hit of the fireball to connect in the corner in this situation? Also there seems to be a bug where Filia/Fukua can walk through the opponent on a backwards tech in the corner. Only seems to work against Filia, Fukua and Double.

Would it be possible for every hit of the fireball to connect in the corner in this situation? Also there seems to be a bug where Filia/Fukua can walk through the opponent on a backwards tech in the corner. Only seems to work against Filia, Fukua and Double.
And against Cerebella too (pretty dure its not just filia/fukua who can do it)
Known about that for quite some time

Oh I forgot to mention that the fireball thing only happens on filia/fukua.

Also I tested the corner tech roll thing. The walk crossup only works on Filia, Fukua, and Double, but will also work against Cerebella if you are running.

On the subject of weird hitboxes. Is Fukua supposed to have the same standing idle hitbox as Filia? She has areas you can hit that used to be Filia's arms sticking out, which Fukua doesn't have in her idle.

Last edited:
Yes, and I am absolutely tired of answering "is she supposed to whatever" questions. She's "supposed to" whatever.

She looks like Filia's idle because lots of things look like idle (stand hitstuns, blocks, etc) and if I change it then stuff won't work the same vs her as it does vs Filia.

I'm sorry for giving feedback on a beta?

After I discovered you were unaware of her being able to combo into an air super after the air throw, it's not exactly clear what she's "supposed to" be doing sometimes, which is why I ask.

I'm sorry for entering into a forum where different people can ask me the same question in 5 different places, and I'm the only one that reads them all. :^P
I can't stop answering because then people just ask more. Ah well.

Yeah, she looks like that on purpose. Good of you to notice.

Also there seems to be a bug where Filia/Fukua can walk through the opponent on a backwards tech in the corner. Only seems to work against Filia, Fukua and Double.

lol people have been doing this to me since the beta first dropped onto pc

Reactions: Woofly
Also there seems to be a bug where Filia/Fukua can walk through the opponent on a backwards tech in the corner. Only seems to work against Filia, Fukua and Double.

lol people have been doing this to me since the beta first dropped onto pc

I know, I know. It isn't a combo video so I understand how it could be easily missed! It has been around way longer than this video.

Reactions: dekillsage
I had to go through this a bunch with Big Band so you're not gonna get a ton of sympathy from me lol. If it really bothers you then wait until the character is complete before trying to learn any combos.

That's actually a great time to do it. People will be playing this character for years, so is it really important that she keep her pre-release (she's still beta only at the moment) week1 tech? The week of a few people is nothing compared to upcoming years of thousands.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
for corner air super vs fukua and filia you can jump back and avoid that issue most of the time. Not Sure about that specific situation but yeah Jumping back helps alot.

Also on the subject of that while it only happens in a hit against Filia/Fukua. You can also jump and block against it at the right time and make it happen on block to avoid chip. Ive seen it with Peacock and some other characters in match videos.

Whipped something up

I know, I know. It isn't a combo video so I understand how it could be easily missed! It has been around way longer than this video.

I knew about this for ages. It works on double, bella, and val, also.

(j.HK,j.HP)x3 is one of the most satisfying combos to hit in any game.
It's such a visceral combo.

Reactions: Arcana
That's a sadness that you made that before she was like...done...
:^)

No worries, I'll make a proper in-depth one (If no one hasn't made it) when she is done.

I knew about this for ages. It works on double, bella, and val, also.

I did say it had been around since before the video, no?

Not that it wasn't already assumed to be the case anyway, but here:

Also, yes, adding Fukua to consoles will require MS/Sony's approval. >__>
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH this makes me happy. Very good news.
Can't wait for balancing and official release.
Thank you so much for the free character, L0!