• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Games you like that no one else does

Daikatana.

Most underrated game ever.

Skullgirls, Maximo (Who the fuck is that guy?), Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
sonic battle
for the most part i like it except for a few thing
-homing type bombs would follow you forever (bombs needed time limits)
-shadow could teleport out for as long as he wanted so all he needed to do was get enough damage on you and teleport and wait the timer to go out
-and i guess some would complain it's just a button masher
but then again it's been awhile since i played it so my memories maybe distorted

also shadow is faster than sonic?! Bullshit! I read the comics and play the games, that mother fucker ain't faster than sonic! he teleports and can manipulate time...while wearing rocket boots, he is a fraud and should be ashamed of himself thinking he's fast...fuck that noise

Last edited:
Urban Assault

Sonic Battle? Battle Arena Toshinden? Other people mentioning those games? Guess my tastes in games aren't that weird after all.

Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin
I'm actually replaying that game right now (Mission 6) Played Dual Strike and AW2 and liked those games but really like Days of Ruin.
--------------------------
Game I like: Baroque for the Wii.

Fuse by Insomniac Games and Duke Nukem Forever.

[PS2] Haunting Ground
[PS2] Shadow of Rome
[PS2 and PS3] Sengoku Basara series

All by Capcom, the first two are severely underrated and surprisingly obscure. The Basara series are famous in Japan but hardly known in the West (Capcom's piss poor job at localizing the two poorest entries in the series didn't help...much to their usual surprise).

The Bouncer (PS2)

Despite the game being short as all hell, it pretty much stuck me to the opinion that Square should try their hand at the beat em up genre again.

Reactions: Calypsx
I'm actually replaying that game right now (Mission 6) Played Dual Strike and AW2 and liked those games but really like Days of Ruin.

Haha I'm also replaying that game right now. I'm trying to get S rank on all the missions. Plus I love the music in that game.

I play plenty of crappy games, the kind that most people wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Me and one of my closest friends play city trial mode in Kirby Air Ride pretty much once every week or two. We still can't beat King Dedede no matter how much we try, and we've been trying since the game came out ;_;

There was a time when I genuinely loved Street Fighter X Tekken. Honestly. I kinda dropped the game afterwards, but I didn't really hate it as many people did.

El Shaddai was a great and very beautiful game.

I don't hate Silent Hill Downpour. It's not as good as the old trilogy, but I enjoyed it.

Alone in The Dark Inferno was so bad it's funny, but I actually enjoyed the platforming segments.

I mentioned Sonic Battle in the Sonic thread a while back too. It's really too bad that Sega didn't bother making a sequel for that one.

Speaking of sequels, I guess I'll give a shoutout here to Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Yeah, it was rated highly, but the word-of-mouth can get pretty negative. Most people I know were extremely frustrated with the game, and most of my friends even skipped over it entirely. I can definitely understand where they're coming from, but I'd still consider it one of my favorite games in the Metroid series.

In Echoes, I just loved how Retro finally put Samus in totally unfamiliar territory, away from Chozo artifacts, and gave us something that felt genuinely new. They also managed to develop a meaningful conflict where the Space Pirates weren't even a major threat. The Ing really got under your skin, and by the end, taking on their Emperor felt almost as satisfying as fighting Mother Brain herself. You also got the totally badass Light Suit, which I'd pick over the Fusion Suit any day!

El Shaddai was a great and very beautiful game.

Oh God yes

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Yeah. Even though it was frustrating in parts, I thought it had great atmosphere and some incredible set pieces. Torvus Bog was really frustrating, but I liked the dungeony feel of the flooded underground section, and some of the light and dark world segments were really cool.

Sonic Riders, Sonic Heroes, Skullgirls (my friends hate me beating them so they gave up on it), Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, Street Fighter x Tekken.

Metroid: Other M

Hard Corps: Uprising

ASW anime inspired Contra, good stuff.

Reactions: YoYoCheese
ASW anime inspired Contra, good stuff.

There's more than one?

I don't think Hard Corps Uprising was as good as Contra 4, but I don't think it deserves some of the recent hate it's gotten. It's a pretty good game.

Resonance of Fate

Project X Zone

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

Skullgirls
Skullmonkeys
Megabyte Punch
Speedrunners
Worms: Clan Wars

I really like Marvel Super Heroes. It's very simple and I can see why it hasn't had as much lasting appeal as X-Men Vs Street Fighter or Marvel Vs Capcom 2, but it's a fun diversion and very fast paced.

Genesis Ghostbusters. For everyone else, they either didn't play it or pass it off as an ok platformer. For me, it was my CHILDHOOD!
250px-ScaleGhost.jpg
225px-HeadlessGentleman.jpg
Snowman.jpg

And the original fucking cup
99056-ghostbusters-genesis-screenshot-evil-cupss.gif
Hardiest fucking cups I've ever seen in a game
Also, thank you thread, because you made me look up pictures I got to learn that these monsters ACTUALLY HAVE NAMES!

games no one else does?hm...resident evil 5(it's not like the old ones is what i keep hearing)
ff12(apparently this game sucks for reasons i do not know.)
mvc2(due to age probably)
tmnt(the new one)
tekken 6(everybody complained bout the juggles)
doa4 and 5(everybody seems to dislike the characters)
asura's wrath(im not sure if people even know this one exists :/ )