• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Gaming General Discusison

Megaman 11 feels like a direct counterattack to Mighty No 9 just to spite Inafune, I love it.
Let's see... it's 3D, but doenn't look bland, stage design actually looks good, the boss weapons have a reason to be used outside of fighting other bosses.

Capcom's Redemption Arc is going strong, man.

They could've done it before MN9 was done, at the same day it was release, soon after, and you consider "so long no one gives a flying fuck about MN9" a counterattack? Beating a dead horse.

wish i had an opinion as shiny as yours...

More than half a decade of advantage and it still looks cheap

I'll buy because i vowed to buy any mega man game. Wallet vote, don't let mega man become the next alex kidd/segata sanshiro, etc.

But for a game that took so long to finally appear, it looks little better than a 3ds or mobile game, the animations are janky, the scenarios lack nuance and background details and yeah... they went full circle and copiend MN9's form change with the weapon thing.

If only they made Maverick Hunter X-2 with an actual budget...

"the scenarios lack nuance"
can you not see mega man's anguish at fighting a piece of aggressive construction equipment
it's gut-wrenching

Reactions: North888
I know this is probably very unlikely.
But do anyone think we will get a sequel to Transformers: Devastation?
Platinum Games did an amazing job with the game, and its one of my favorite games on PS4. The way it ended made it seem as if it will be continued. I hope It does.

I don't think Platinums actually confirmed to be working on anything right now after they finished Nier Automata.
This is the case.

Reactions: Jutsei
This is the case.
Dang, hope we get some news on what they're up to soon.

In other news.
Reminder that Okami HD releases on December 12th, if you want it physical, Amazon's got you covered
Resident Evil 7 Gold (Experience Requiem) Edition releases the same day if you missed it at launch, so you can just treat yourself to some good Capcom games (While ignoring DR 4 Complete Edition's existence)

Same. Would also like some news from From Soft, though I guess the Armored Core thing counts. I just want some things to look forward to.

Reminder that Okami HD releases on December 12th, if you want it physical, Amazon's got you covered
Kind of torn, I want physical but will probably just grab it on Steam. Might pick up RE7 Gold too, if the price is alright and that's on Steam.

They probably do, given they've teased that and Bayo 3.

Give me anarchy reigns 2 and dont fuck up the online and I'd be able to die peacefully.

Given the Sega break up and how Sega treated Max Anarchy in the first place I really doubt we'll see that, not that it wouldn't be nice.

I just fucking bought DMC 3 on PC in the sale and fixed it last night to make it work, and now they announce DMC HD collection for PC.

Which is fantastic, because even with all the fixes and the fact I'm going to keep playing it this needs help and it will be fun to go through DMC 1 again. Not to mention the obvious of how it's nice that others will get to play these for the first time, or have immediate access to not-fucked DMC 3 for the first time.

That game is Bayonetta 3 for Switch.

We pretty much knew that though, they all but said Bayo 1+2 on Switch and Bayo 3 in like March. Not that it isn't nice they finally said it.

caution if scaredy cat
thanks Kojima
1512703878264.jpg

Last edited:
after a long wait, we can confirm that Death Stranding might actually be a game, maybe

I'm still of the idea it's a new console.

I'm holding out hope that Death Stranding is actually just a code name for Boktai 5.

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom has been delayed to March, allegedly to get a Japanese VO option in there.
This is actually pretty good, because January was packed with releases (To be specific: Street Fighter V Arcade Edition, Digimon Cyber Sleuth 2, Monster Hunter World, Dragon Ball Fighter Z, and Dissidia NT)
But now it's in March and has instead to contend with: Sea of Thieves, Yakuza 6, A Way Out, and Far Cry 5.
... Still better than the Blitz that is January, at least.

This is merely a pitch but
can we just
tell Sega about how dumb it is to turn this magic down??

Next thing you know, the next installment of NiGHTS, Space Channel 5, or any other classic Sega series that isn't classic will appear. But what I want to know is this: when's Billy Hatcher the Sequel?

So Rising Thunder lives on, kinda.

The devs are releasing the source code and calling it Rising Thunder: Community. It will have offline play though it only supports one non-keyboard controller without external scripting, and the most barebones online server to date.

Atlus continuing the trend of adding animes to their rereleases of already good games instead of just rereleasing them.
Catherine-FB-Fami-Leaks_12-19-17.jpg

That said, unlike DSJ, it sounds like this has a bunch of other new stuff
Development is a collaborative effort between Atlus and Studio Zero.
  • The third “Catherine” is named Rin (voiced by Aya Hirano). She is a pianist at Vincent’s regular bar, and has an exceedingly honest and gentle personality. Rin’s involvement in the story will introduce new branches for the other two “Catherines.”
  • A large amount of new endings, episodes, anime movies, and sexy events are being added.
  • The subtitle “Full Body” was chosen from the wine term, and exemplifies an even richer and somehow more erotic new Catherine.
  • A wide range of difficulties and convenient systems are being prepared.
  • There is a new mechanic where you move blocks where multiple are connected. There is also a new mode.
  • There are online battles.
Honestly I find the idea rather weird, that game is very much locked in where it is storywise and while I didn't particularly like the game's narrative it seems weird to do this with something that "worked". Guess we'll just wait and see, as long as the gameplay isn't fucked with I'll probably pick it up since it was a really good game I wouldn't need much of a push to replay and new content would certainly be nice.

Oh and "Rin" reminded me of Steve's Catherine at first glance.
latest

Reactions: The Dave and Jutsei
I hope Poochie tries to NTR Vince from his choice
We need L A Y E R E D C H E A T I N G

Catherine was honestly one of the best games of last gen, I just find the concept of adding a fourth route rather odd when the first game was entirely based around being a dichotomy (though it did have a fuck all this option if you tried to balance it).

I guess while I find this baffling, given how focused on THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF PEOPLE WHEN IT COMES TO RELATIONSHIPS the game was, that they'd try and add another set since I can't imagine it will be as fleshed out as the others, if I'm wrong that could be entirely fine I suppose though I don't really know what you'd do with it story wise since the range of endings was already extreme ends and the inbetweens for them with an extreme middle. Like the system is already a straight line Catherine - loser - go to space - loser - Katherine, where do you put a fourth point on a line that already has a center point?

Though the entire dichotomy thing and bits of the story were the main things I didn't like about the game, so perhaps this will go in my favor, and either way, I get that gameplay again so I'm definitely happy.
Friendly reminder the story doesn't make any fucking sense outside of Japanese context unless you consider the post Babel ending canon.

Poochie being around to give Vinny more morals means he might not be an aggressively awful person in Full Bodied at least

So is the twist that Rin is an angel and lacks any genitalia? Because Vincent's face implies one of two outcomes and I really hope we're going the Dogma route.

It's a smaller Rin

So is the twist that Rin is an angel and lacks any genitalia? Because Vincent's face implies one of two outcomes and I really hope we're going the Dogma route.
That's what people think, she either
A. Has a penis (Really hope this isn't the case, the "trap" angle is so played out and extraordinarily easy to be disrespectful to people of a certain group
B. Has both genitalia (Some interpretations of Angels have both)
C. Has Nothing (like you said)
D. Has a weird monster thing for a vagina
E. Vagina Dentata

B-E would be better than A.

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja