• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

General Fanart Discussion (Potentially NSFW)

SG1.png

Took 20 hrs. or so over a few weeks, and was turned down. But hey, it was good practice.
Some of the art was too close to reference maybe. But I can still try again with this one w/revisions or try something new. From now on, I'll run concepts & rough sketches by to get approval before going to finished art.

Other concepts (didn't see any Fortune images on 86'ed):

-Fortune in trenchcoat in dramatic pose w/life gem eclipsing the moon. Possible Vitale/Bella/city BG as well.
-Fortune attack pose
-Wheel w/the cast standing over their icons.

Any of these sound good for 86'ed? I can take one to rough drawing. Thanks!

Attachments

• SG2.png
    SG2.png
    981.2 KB · Views: 530
I'm working on another try for 86'ed, and was wondering if there's any way to find a screenshot of Fortune in her pre-fight trenchcoat. I want to know the exact color for the finished art. I'm wondering if there's an image of the life gem anywhere as well. We see something red in Bella's ending w/Vitale, but is that how it really looks?
I'll post the art here after I enter it.
Thanks!

Fortune3.png

Guess I'll post my latest (second) try for EightySixed. Hope it's something people would like for some kind of product.
I had a rough sketch sitting around for a while, but decided to just go to color & enter since it's a weekly contest.

Nice one's Medzy. Plus you gave warning and said safe for work.

Guess my trench coat Fortune didn't make the cut for 86ed. Ah well, I had fun making it.
Anyone here in Fanart ever try for the 86ed contest & win?
I have a third idea in the works... think I should show it here to see if the community would be interested?
It's ambitious, and I'm trying not to get that third strike...:PUN:

To do fanart. it helps to have reference. And model sheets are the some of the best ref.
I'm surprised you can find the official model sheets here:
http://skullgirls.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Categories
Maybe people know about it already, but I hope to help others. :)

My current work 86ed attempt means doing the whole cast & Eliza. Leads me to question on Double: nun version or battle form? (hardest character to draw imo)

Uh...I did a thing awhile back

Attachments

• tumblr_n238a1x7cl1rp7ydeo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_n238a1x7cl1rp7ydeo1_500.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 395
Reactions: ruins72
My first skullgirls piece of fanart.. EVER!
ms__fortune_by_karlaaldana-d7vec9j.png
Ahem...

Where's the Ms.Fourtune gif of her doing the Salsa...??

None is embracing that Alex confrimed Ms.Fourtune as 100% Catino????

Ahem...

Where's the Ms.Fourtune gif of her doing the Salsa...??

None is embracing that Alex confrimed Ms.Fourtune as 100% Catino????
What you don't know is.. That is not a cheezeburger, that's a 'torta', the south american equivalent version of a hamburger (it's even more tasty).

I originally had this idea a few months back. But, I felt as though I wasn't a good enough drawer yet, and lacked motivation, so away the partial sketch went. I got as far as sketching the skull, Big Band and the notes.

I got this idea because these three are all related to music in some way. Hence, The Musical Trio. Big Band (TOP) was reconstructed with instruments.; Eliza (LEFT) is a nightclub singer with a secret...; Squigly (RIGHT) was an opera singer, in the family business.

I've submitted this to an EightySixed weekly t-shirt competition. That was how I originally brainstormed this idea.

8-9 hours for rough sketch and lineart.
3-4 hours for each character's colouring and shading.
1 hour for skull, notes and text. No font used, handwritten.

musicaltriodesignsigned_by_pallasmercury-d7vt8og.png

Patricia: Where'd you get that book?
Marie: Filia gave it to me.
Patricia: Really? Why are they all not wearing clothes?
Marie: I...don't know.
Patricia: Weird...

I am so going to hell when I die...

Last edited: